ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Season Thread

Keeeeeyyyyy-rist what a pitiful display of no defense and bad shooting by UK. SC has a really good team. Those dudes in the paint look like they came from the football team. Good lord.

Keeeeeyyyyy-rist what a pitiful display of no defense and bad shooting by UK. SC has a really good team. Those dudes in the paint look like they came from the football team. Good lord.
UK didn't seem to have a plan of attack for SCAR's slow deliberate attack. Did you see it that way too?

UK didn't seem to have a plan of attack for SCAR's slow deliberate attack. Did you see it that way too?
UK got cocky with thinking they're going to put up 90 and half ass defense and hold them to 89.

No answer for a slugfest.

I'm still curious to see if anyone wants to run with the horses.

Are teams willing to slow down like USC and change philosophies in order to win a game.

Reactions: nrmorgan2001
USC's game plan was to be physical and slow the pace to a crawl. A lot of teams don't practice for that. They're trying to get better at what they do best.
I'm asking about running with the horses thing you said?

Thought our team had some dawg in them but after last night, no so sure. Showed fight at A&M. Showed fight at Florida. Last night, we bent over and took it.

Frustrating team. Can be so fun to watch, but not sure they're tough enough to make it all the way this season.

The pace being slow didn't help, but they have to know as a team (and Cal as well), that when the shots aren't falling, you simply gotta defend. They didn't and SC had the bulls inside to limit attacking the basket. Not to mention that they hit 11 threes. Everything went their way... they earned it.

Top scoring team in the nation. Do you run with them or do you slow it down?
The object of the game is to win. You try to check your opponents strengths and exploit their weaknesses. You try to move the game into the type of game you have the best chance of winning.

"Top scoring team" is too arbitrary. It can't be fairly measure because not everyone has played the same schedule.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The object of the game is to win. You try to check your opponents strengths and exploit their weaknesses. You try to move the game into the type of game you have the best chance of winning.

"Top scoring team" is too arbitrary. It can't be fairly measure because not everyone has played the same schedule.
Do you think UT will try and milk the shot clock?

The pace being slow didn't help, but they have to know as a team (and Cal as well), that when the shots aren't falling, you simply gotta defend. They didn't and SC had the bulls inside to limit attacking the basket. Not to mention that they hit 11 threes. Everything went their way... they earned it.
It seemed to me that UK dengerated to playing backyard ball instead of a planned attack. UK also collapsed inside leaving wide open 3 looks. I don't think SCAR is a very good team. However, sometimes it is just not your night and that happens to everyone.

It seemed to me that UK dengerated to playing backyard ball instead of a planned attack. UK also collapsed inside leaving wide open 3 looks. I don't think SCAR is a very good team. However, sometimes it is just not your night and that happens to everyone.
I'm surprised you don't think USC is a very good team. I guess "very" gives the out.

Do you think UT will try and milk the shot clock?
I'm assuming you mean against y'all. I think UT is a much better team than SCAR both offensively and defensively. I think UT will try to frustrate UK with tight defense shutting off 3 pt shots and then staying in front of dribble penetrations. Tennessee will try to frustrate UK defensively.

I'm assuming you mean against y'all. I think UT is a much better team than SCAR both offensively and defensively. I think UT will try to frustrate UK with tight defense shutting off 3 pt shots and then staying in front of dribble penetrations. Tennessee will try to frustrate UK defensively.
So slow it down and muck it up. Not running with them. I understand. USC just gave everyone the blueprint.

I wouldn't say slow it down as much as clamp down defensively.
You don't think they'll purposely run down the shot clock?

I don't blame y'all if you do. Again, USC exposed the way to beat UK and wouldn't be surprised if you adapt what you normally do to copy them.

I don't understand how Cal can be so bad at this. Every team is doing the exact same things. They drive the ball, we collapse and leave shooters wide open, they throw the ball to one of 3 wide open shooters and get wide open 3's. Rinse and repeat on the next possession.

Then there's the inbounds plays. We are unbelievably bad and he's doing nothing about it.

Then, the cherry on top last night was him resorting to his old 'my turn' iso offense where there's no passing, we just pick a guy to drive and try to score. No passing, just me-ball.

What's worse is, we were down 20 with 10 minutes left and he still stuck with iso ball, which took up most of the shot clock. Took 13 total 3's for the entire game and played Edwards 23 minutes and he only took 1 shot. I'm trying to fugure out if Cal was drunk, or just screwing with us.

Reactions: JC for 3 and della
USC's game plan was to be physical and slow the pace to a crawl. A lot of teams don't practice for that. They're trying to get better at what they do best.
That wasn’t just a plan for KY. That’s the Cock basketball philosophy under Paris. They play offense like that in every game.
I'm asking about running with the horses thing you said?
Dumber than a bag of hammers.
Last night, we bent over and took it.

. I don't think SCAR is a very good team.
Noted.

You don't think they'll purposely run down the shot clock?

I don't blame y'all if you do. Again, USC exposed the way to beat UK and wouldn't be surprised if you adapt what you normally do to copy them.
Tennessee needs to do what we do best and stop or slow UK from what they do best. I was surprised that UK didn't make a lot of adjustments at half. Y'all still had much better athletes and they should have been employed to attack the SCAR defense. However, UK just kinda went about the 2nd half the same as the first, which was individual play.

Mother_taking_care_of_little_boy-1200x628-facebook-1200x628.jpg

@kyjeff1 how are you feeling today? You had a rough night and I was worried.

Part 1 of The iron bowl of basketball tonight In Tuscaloosa. bama will probably hit 20 Threes judging by my luck today

I hope we improve with practice.
Are you really trying to say winning at home is just as easy as winning on the road? Why has Tennessee lost its last 5 games at Auburn. Yet won its last two at Knoxville verses Auburn? Both your wins occured in years you lost on the road in Auburn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT