ADVERTISEMENT

SEC schools that have made a Final Four

Regional Finals Appearances of the 5 SEC schools without a Final Four appearance:
Missouri- 5 (1944, 1976, 1994, 2002, 2009)
Tennessee- 2 (2010, 2024)
Vanderbilt- 1 (1965)
Texas A&M- 0
Ole Miss- 0

Ole Miss has only been to the Sweet 16 once lol.

Your dead wrong on the SECT. I want to win that every year as do I want to win the regular season title. I would consider that a successful year IF i were a UT fan. buuutttt not so much as a UK fan, SEC and SECT are warm ups to UK fans. This year was NOT a successful year for UK and im pissed about it. I want Cal GONE. But until then ill just watch utube videos of our 17 FF's and 8 Natties that you don't think exist because they happened before 2024. I'm just too busy to worry about the other sports, but rest assured we have been successful in those as well. After Basketball my favorite is the UK Cheerleaders, they have won 24 National championships. GGOOOOO CAAATTTTSSSSSS

Reactions: Random UK Fan
YOU are the one and only person on the planet that thinks this way. EVERY one else considers a FF as a successful year even though for three of them, the year will end in a loss. I guessing you dont get it because you have never been there. We understand, We were in your shoes back in the 40"s until we got to the FF, THEN it clicked. Hang in there little girl, your time just hasn't come yet.

There is a cure, become a Cat Fan.
Her idiocy knows no bounds.

• Haha
Titles are the only thing that matter. When you boast about FF your bragging about a loss.
You do realize if a team advances to a FF, they are called a regional champion...not sure if you are aware of that.

They are presented a trophy that says regional champion.

A regional champion is exponentially more impressive then a conference champion.

You do realize if a team advances to a FF, they are called a regional champion...not sure if you are aware of that.

A regional champion is exponentially more impressive then a conference champion.
Regional champion in name only, agreed? It's a 6 game tourney in which you won 4 games. Conference Champion is won in 18 weeks. FF is not better than runner up is it? Why go on about it so? How many runner ups do you have? Do you know without looking?

Ron is mad cause we kicked their ass for the conference and then they got slaughtered in the opening round.

You're just mad cause we beat y'all's ass when it counted for the SEC title.
Make a Final Four.

She doesn’t have the intelligence to comprehend that.
Regional champion in name only, agreed? It's a 6 game tourney in which you won 4 games. Conference Champion is won in 18 weeks. FF is not better than runner up is it? Why go on about it so? How many runner ups do you have? Do you know without looking?

Ron is mad cause we kicked their ass for the conference and then they got slaughtered in the opening round.
Tremendous idiot.

Make a Final Four.

She doesn’t have the intelligence to comprehend that.

Tremendous idiot.
We beat y'all's ass Rod. SCAR looked like Chumps in the NCAA getting beat by the 11 seed in the opening round. The Vols beat the hell out of the team that beat the team that smoked y'all. Let that sink in Idiot.

• Haha

Your logic makes no sense, whatsoever.

Second, I don't have any runner-ups.

Third, national champs>regional champs>conference champs.

It is basic logic. You are the only person in America that follows college basketball that is willing to die on this hill. It genuinely makes no logical sense.

Congrats on UT winning the regular season conference championship. Aside from you, I would venture to say that every UT bball fan would gladly trade the conference championship for UT to be playing in the FF this weekend as a regional champion, with a chance to be crowned national champion. But you do you.

Your logic makes no sense, whatsoever.

Second, I don't have any runner-ups.

Third, national champs>regional champs>conference champs.

It is basic logic. You are the only person in America that follows college basketball that is willing to die on this hill. It genuinely makes no logical sense.

Congrats on UT winning the regular season conference championship. Aside from you, I would venture to say that every UT bball fan would gladly trade the conference championship for UT to be playing in the FF this weekend as a regional champion, with a chance to be crowned national champion. But you do you.
Explain why it doesn't make sense. UK has been a runner up haven't they? Isn't winning the 5th game better than winning the 4th?

I don't think you're qualified to speak for every person in America. If you are please explain how?

We beat y'all's ass Rod. SCAR looked like Chumps in the NCAA getting beat by the 11 seed in the opening round. The Vols beat the hell out of the team that beat the team that smoked y'all. Let that sink in Idiot.
Cocks beat “Can’t Make a Final Four” Tennessee as much as they lost to them this past season. Ever seen a Final Four Banner?

Reactions: KENTUCKY_FLYER
Explain why it doesn't make sense. UK has been a runner up haven't they? Isn't winning the 5th game better than winning the 4th?

I don't think you're qualified to speak for every person in America. If you are please explain how?
Yep, UK hangs runner up banners. As does every school who plays in the national title game if they lose.

Yep, a runner up banner is better than a FF banner, as the team went one game further.

Guess what, whether or not the team advances one additional game, they are still regional champions. So if this makes you feel better...

National champs>runner up>regional champs>conference champs. Happy?

Outside of you, please find me one person who finds a conference championship to be more prestigious or important, or valued higher, then a regional championship.

• Love
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Putting aside jokes Barnes is a great coach and a wonderful ambassador for UT.

Just spent over a minute watching his career highlights.

50 of so seconds were him beating UK. It's the highlight, if don't believe me read UT fans posts here.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcnicKY91
Putting aside jokes Barnes is a great coach and a wonderful ambassador for UT.

Just spent over a minute watching his career highlights.

50 of so seconds were him beating UK. It's the highlight, if don't believe me read UT fans posts here.
Yep. I watched a video on YouTube of him talking about his faith. Was cool to see. Definitely have a lot of respect for the guy.

He doesn't bother me in the slightest. Perfect fit at UT.

Anything else you brag about when you ended up losing? This is like bragging about getting the 3 rd or 4th place ribbon.

You're either 1st or you're last or you're SCAR.
That is not the answer to a rather simple question. Have the vile fans ever enjoyed the rather rare and enjoyable feeling of being a regional champ by playing their way into the final four in college basketball? It is a very enjoyable feeling as I personally know.

Speaking of final four type appearances how many times have the viles played in the "final four " of CFB?

If the answer to both is no it would appear that knoxville is a virtual wasteland of college athletics.

One last conjecture is how does it feel to lose to your top CFB rival FIFTEEN years in a row?

I will now hang up and listen.

• Haha
Yep, UK hangs runner up banners. As does every school who plays in the national title game if they lose.

Yep, a runner up banner is better than a FF banner, as the team went one game further.

Guess what, whether or not the team advances one additional game, they are still regional champions. So if this makes you feel better...

National champs>runner up>regional champs>conference champs. Happy?

Outside of you, please find me one person who finds a conference championship to be more prestigious or important, or valued higher, then a regional championship.
So, how many runner ups do y'all have? You failed to answer the question the first time. Secondly, bama is not from the west, so they won 4 games, but they represent the west in name only.

I'm happy, we won the conference and we made a deep run in the NCAA. You happy?

That is not the answer to a rather simple question. Have the vile fans ever enjoyed the rather rare and enjoyable feeling of being a regional champ by playing their way into the final four in college basketball? It is a very enjoyable feeling as I personally know.

Speaking of final four type appearances how many times have the viles played in the "final four " of CFB?

If the answer to both is no it would appear that knoxville is a virtual wasteland of college athletics.

One last conjecture is how does it feel to lose to your top CFB rival FIFTEEN years in a row?

I will now hang up and listen.
We did enjoy kicking y'all's ass, but that isn't a rare occurrence.

So, how many runner ups do y'all have? You failed to answer the question the first time. Secondly, bama is not from the west, so they won 4 games, but they represent the west in name only.

I'm happy, we won the conference and we made a deep run in the NCAA. You happy?
UK has four runner ups. That literally has nothing to do with anything regarding celebrating a regional championship. Nothing.

What does it matter what region a school is placed in? That is irrelevant. They won the region, hence they are regional champions. I am sorry, you are a good poster, but your logic is terrible on this topic.

As to your last question, why would I be happy about UKs season? They lost in the first round. What does that have to do with regional championships/FF berths being much more valued then a conference championship? Literally nothing.

You have officially lost it 15-1 is not rare. Put down that jar of corn and silently steal away.
This is a CBB board. We beat you by 20 then again by 10.

UK has four runner ups. That literally has nothing to do with anything regarding celebrating a regional championship. Nothing.

What does it matter what region a school is placed in? That is irrelevant. They won the region, hence they are regional champions. I am sorry, you are a good poster, but your logic is terrible on this topic.

As to your last question, why would I be happy about UKs season? They lost in the first round. What does that have to do with regional championships/FF berths being much more valued then a conference championship? Literally nothing.
A runner up is better than a FF, right? So, why not go on and on about them? It a 6 game tourney for the championship and that is all it is, true? The term regional means nothing more than winning 4 games in the tourney, true. You aren't the champion of all teams from the west if you win the west regional, true? They could just as easily call the blue zone, green zone, yellow zone ect... True?

So, either refute the facts that I have present or go away.

Rod is trying to attack UT cause his team choked against the Vols for the SEC title and got shrimp slapped in the rd of 64.

exactly-right-sam-elliott.gif
Fukin Thornwell! Great player SMH.

If UT had got to the FF and lost, would you be pissed if UT hung the FF banner?
I don't give a shit about banners unless we win it all. To me anything else is best of losers. You either win something or you don't. IMO

A runner up is better than a FF, right? So, why not go on and on about them? It a 6 game tourney for the championship and that is all it is, true? The term regional means nothing more than winning 4 games in the tourney, true. You aren't the champion of all teams from the west if you win the west regional, true? They could just as easily call the blue zone, green zone, yellow zone ect... True?

So, either refute the facts that I have present or go away.

Rod is trying to attack UT cause his team choked against the Vols for the SEC title and got shrimp slapped in the rd of 64.
First, I couldn't care less what you two are arguing about. I am simply pointing out that nobody (except for you), thinks that a conference championship is held in the same regard, or an even higher regard according to you, then a regional championship.

Second, you clearly seem upset about this topic. I would just admit you are wrong, and take a break. I have been wrong many times in life, and the best medicine is just to admit you are wrong.

Third, use whatever language you want to use. I don't care. Call it a section, or a zone in your words. The team would still be a sectional, or zone champion, which would still be better then a conference championship. The title of the quadrant is irrelevant.

Fourth, implied in being a runner up is that the team is a regional champion. You do know that, right?

Anyways, congrats on the UT season. They had a great yr, as evidenced by their conference championship and elite 8 run. You should most definitely be happy with those results.

Reactions: KENTUCKY_FLYER
Last I checked, all games count. Cocks & Vols went 1-1. Cocks have a Final Four banner. Vols…….LOL.
When the title is on the line it counts more. You choked when it counted the most and you choked in front of the home crowd. So, you're wrong.

do you realize that if you win the title you will have beaten 4 teams out of the region you started in. 1 team out of another regional and 1 team out of the remaining two regions. AKA you will have beaten 6 teams out of the total field of 68. How can you have won a tournament when you only beat 6 of the total 68 participants? This is an example of the logic that you are using about the regional final and the FF, Why not use it on the title holder as well?

First, I couldn't care less what you two are arguing about. I am simply pointing out that nobody (except for you), thinks that a conference championship is held in the same regard, or an even higher regard according to you, then a regional championship.

Second, you clearly seem upset about this topic. I would just admit you are wrong, and take a break. I have been wrong many times in life, and the best medicine is just to admit you are wrong.

Third, use whatever language you want to use. I don't care. Call it a section, or a zone in your words. The team would still be a sectional, or zone champion, which would still be better then a conference championship. The title of the quadrant is irrelevant.

Fourth, implied in being a runner up is that the team is a regional champion. You do know that, right?

Anyways, congrats on the UT season. They had a great yr, as evidenced by their conference championship and elite 8 run. You should most definitely be happy with those results.
If you want to discuss it you need to make counter points to my points and you have failed to do that. What you suppose the rest of America thinks is irrelevant as you are not an expert so it has no credence.

If you disagree with my points, I am open to having you explain why they are mistaken. You not understanding them is not a valid counter point unless you are not clear on what I'm saying and you can ask for elaboration.

You either win or you lose a tournament.

do you realize that if you win the title you will have beaten 4 teams out of the region you started in. 1 team out of another regional and 1 team out of the remaining two regions. AKA you will have beaten 6 teams out of the total field of 68. How can you have won a tournament when you only beat 6 of the total 68 participants? This is an example of the logic that you are using about the regional final and the FF, Why not use it on the title holder as well?
Tennessee is the SEC Champ. Tennessee had a good run in the NCAA. UK had neither.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Tennessee is the SEC Champ. Tennessee had a good run in the NCAA. UK had neither.
Yes, we all know that. congrats on your rare accomplishment, But you didn't explain your illogical logic. I don't mean to be condescending in the least, but do you mind telling how old you are?

• Haha
Reactions: Skyhawk48

Great post but remember you are trying to logically discuss a subject to someone who gets their corn out of a jar.

• Haha
I can remember our 18th time winning the SEC Championship. Good times.

Just in my lifetime.

1926, 1932, 1933, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1941, 1943, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020

Reactions: Skyhawk48
I can remember our 18th time winning the SEC Championship. Good times.

Just in my lifetime.

1926, 1932, 1933, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1941, 1943, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020
Don't you know that none of that exist after it happened? Nothing exist AFTER 2024 and 2024 won't exist in 2025. Wokeism at it best.

Damn..... how old are you anyway... Cats missed my birth year, 1960

ADVERTISEMENT