ADVERTISEMENT

SCar/UK game thread

Cal cracking me up with the 'wtf are you doing?'. Sounds like me when I coached church league.
LOL----Church League? Really Cory? Though I have no room to talk. Had a buddy call me to play softball. I agree. I get there and in my first at bat, hit a acreamer down the line. Go for two nad get thrown out. Dude I was safe by 3 feet. I get up and yell---"That is ****ing terrible. Just plain ****ing terrible". I get immediately ran. SO now I'm gonna get my money's worth. Go at him pretty good---"Just a god damn, terrible call". Say this about 2-3 times. Then suddenly I notice it is quiet. Fans look as if they have just all seen a ghost. I get to the dugout and my buddies like, "Dude, this is a church league".

Well fcuk, brother. You could've told me that to start with.

If USC could shoot----they'd be up 10 or so. Jesus they make appreciate how "good" IU shoots.

LOL----Church League? Really Cory? Though I have no room to talk. Had a buddy call me to play softball. I agree. I get there and in my first at bat, hit a acreamer down the line. Go for two nad get thrown out. Dude I was safe by 3 feet. I get up and yell---"That is ****ing terrible. Just plain ****ing terrible". I get immediately ran. SO now I'm gonna get my money's worth. Go at him pretty good---"Just a god damn, terrible call". Say this about 2-3 times. Then suddenly I notice it is quiet. Fans look as if they have just all seen a ghost. I get to the dugout and my buddies like, "Dude, this is a church league".

Well fcuk, brother. You could've told me that to start with.

You will like this. I am a hothead, which is why I've never really coached an any real legit HS team or anything though I've had a few chances. I'm aware of my strengths and weaknesses. So I was coaching church league and we were in the fourth quarter playing against the best team in the league, a team made up of really good HS players who had been in trouble. So they start the fourth quarter and have us going towards the wrong baskets. I tell them this and they say I'm wrong despite me being pretty vocal about it. So we make a big run and cut the lead down to 5 or so. They finally realize I was right and huddle and correct it. But get this, they revert the score back to what it was to start the fourth quarter but keep the time at two or three minutes left or whatever it was. So they basically put the score back to 13 points or whatever it was but leave just a couple of minutes on the clock. It was absurd. Needless to say, I got suspended for a few games, lol. So that is why I don't coach. Actually, I could probably chill out enough now but not back then. Maybe one day I'll get into it. Probably not though.

Fuuuuck, UK. I was ready for bed. You dudes were cruising.

And now----a ****ing tie game.

Jesus.

Missed dunk leads to yet another terrible 3 by SC then an and 1.

Cal waits for them to entirely lose the lead before calling a timeout. Big coaching mistake, IMO.

You will like this. I am a hothead, which is why I've never really coached an any real legit HS team or anything though I've had a few chances. I'm aware of my strengths and weaknesses. So I was coaching church league and we were in the fourth quarter playing against the best team in the league, a team made up of really good HS players who had been in trouble. So they start the fourth quarter and have us going towards the wrong baskets. I tell them this and they say I'm wrong despite me being pretty vocal about it. So we make a big run and cut the lead down to 5 or so. They finally realize I was right and huddle and correct it. But get this, they revert the score back to what it was to start the fourth quarter but keep the time at two or three minutes left or whatever it was. So they basically put the score back to 13 points or whatever it was but leave just a couple of minutes on the clock. It was absurd. Needless to say, I got suspended for a few games, lol. So that is why I don't coach. Actually, I could probably chill out enough now but not back then. Maybe one day I'll get into it. Probably not though.
LMAO.....But WTF----Revert the score back? Huh? Who'd you have officiating these games? I mean Lord have mercy----that is terrible.

I coached once---Well twice; I don't count my sons 8-year old, machine pitch league. But I did coach our local 13-year old LL team. Got dumped 3 times in the first 6 games. I was asked to "retire". So I did. Wife says, "Problem is, you know the rules to well. You ust go off so quick".

She's right ya know.

Maybe you and I ought to get to gether and do some coaching...:eek:

This game is absurd. Kentucky can’t even play physical at this point with so many fouls.
With how this game is playing out, if the gamecocks can’t win I will be very disappointed.

So neither team averages this many fouls..did both teams decide to just come out and foul...or did someone decide to change the way they called the game? Throwing both teams rythm off

Reactions: LC Gamecock624
LMAO.....But WTF----Revert the score back? Huh? Who'd you have officiating these games? I mean Lord have mercy----that is terrible.

I coached once---Well twice; I don't count my sons 8-year old, machine pitch league. But I did coach our local 13-year old LL team. Got dumped 3 times in the first 6 games. I was asked to "retire". So I did. Wife says, "Problem is, you know the rules to well. You ust go off so quick".

She's right ya know.

Maybe you and I ought to get to gether and do some coaching...:eek:

I coach some baseball now and do fine with that. I'm a little more chill than I use to be. Yeah, I have a lot of respect for the restraint coaches have. I have a ton of respect for officials as well now because they have such a tough job as I've officiated volleyball (which I've played since I was about 5) many times and it is also a quick decisive type game.

So neither team averages this many fouls..did both teams decide to just come out and foul...or did someone decide to change the way they called the game? Throwing both teams rythm off
Both teams are simply fouling. Out of position a lot. That is due to both teams playing extended minutes of zone---A defense that if you are not good at, or accutsomed to, can cause you to foul, i.e. being out of position.

I think 95% of the calls have been calls taht you have to make.

A game like this is what us officials call a chicken fight in a garbage can.

I coach some baseball now and do fine with that. I'm a little more chill than I use to be. Yeah, I have a lot of respect for the restraint coaches have. I have a ton of respect for officials as well now because they have such a tough job as I've officiated volleyball (which I've played since I was about 5) many times and it is also a quick decisive type game.
Dude I officiated a club volleyball game--ONCE. I was like---"How hard can it be"? SHiiiiiiiit. The game is fast, man. It's athletic. I was out of my league.

Dude I officiated a club volleyball game--ONCE. I was like---"How hard can it be"? SHiiiiiiiit. The game is fast, man. It's athletic. I was out of my league.

Yeah, I played club ball. It was fun. I'm 42 now and played for the last time a couple of years ago. I could not get up and hit it like I used to and that was it for me. Just can't handle playing at this age if I can't do what I used to could do. I'll stick to golf, lol.

Yeah, I played club ball. It was fun. I'm 42 now and played for the last time a couple of years ago. I could not get up and hit it like I used to and that was it for me. Just can't handle playing at this age if I can't do what I used to could do. I'll stick to golf, lol.
I 'm slowly becoming a "golf guy". 45 now. Body just doesn't react like it use to. I mean I'm in pretty good shape. Have to be to officiate some 80-90 games a year. Then umpire another 70. Heck my first college baseball game is next month, @ Lindsey Wilson.

But, like I said, body just doesn't react like it use to.

So I'm trying to golf. And when I say try----I am being very, very generous.

Awful loss.

I would have hate to have seen how badly that would have ended up without Vanderbilt. Can’t play half a game with no PG, and Diallo has been a net negative for weeks.

UK has to get Green back.

Burn that tape and move on.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT