ADVERTISEMENT

SCar/UK game thread

Jesus, USC. Missed what, 13 straight?

I have a question for you. In the UNC game (not sure if you saw it) they called a foul in the first half. Called it on DeVoe but it was clearly on Thomas. I mean, there was nothing to debate when you watch the replay. He was the only one close and clearly committed the foul. So Roy told them to look at it and they said 'ok', walked over there and looked for about 5 seconds and said it stands as called. There is no reasonable way they actually believed that but kept it the same. Tbh, it ended up helping us more than hurting because DeVoe shoots threes and Thomas doesn't. Anyway, what reasonable explanation is there for this? Was it just kind of like a 'screw you, I told you who the foul was one so ain't changing it' sort of thing? I was under the impression they could change who it was on.

Big blue don't look to do
Full blown cock.
hqdefault.jpg

3 point lead at the half with Earned Not Given getting some clock. I'll take it.

Reactions: JL-23
I have a question for you. In the UNC game (not sure if you saw it) they called a foul in the first half. Called it on DeVoe but it was clearly on Thomas. I mean, there was nothing to debate when you watch the replay. He was the only one close and clearly committed the foul. So Roy told them to look at it and they said 'ok', walked over there and looked for about 5 seconds and said it stands as called. There is no reasonable way they actually believed that but kept it the same. Tbh, it ended up helping us more than hurting because DeVoe shoots threes and Thomas doesn't. Anyway, what reasonable explanation is there for this? Was it just kind of like a 'screw you, I told you who the foul was one so ain't changing it' sort of thing? I was under the impression they could change who it was on.
I didn't see it Cory. My guess---and that's exactly what it is, is they(officials) didn't see anything convincing enough to overturn it. IDK. I do highly doubt it was b/c of a "screw you" reasoning. I mean not totally out of the question....But doubtful.

Note: I've had plays like this occur. Went to monitor, and though it looked as if the foul could've been on someone else, the evidence wasn't the clear, and it didn't show the player I called foul on, NOT fouling. Lot of things play into that.

Hope that helps.

I didn't see it Cory. My guess---and that's exactly what it is, is they(officials) didn't see anything convincing enough to overturn it. IDK. I do highly doubt it was b/c of a "screw you" reasoning. I mean not totally out of the question....But doubtful.

Note: I've had plays like this occur. Went to monitor, and though it looked as if the foul could've been on someone else, the evidence wasn't the clear, and it didn't show the player I called foul on, NOT fouling. Lot of things play into that.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, that isn't it. I mean, the other guy never come close to touching him. There isn't any way they could have possibly thought it was on DeVoe. You could also clearly see the contact on the other guy. I think they just took a token look at it but didn't really pay attention. Anyway, no biggie. Like I said, helped UNC in the long run.

Yeah, that isn't it. I mean, the other guy never come close to touching him. There isn't any way they could have possibly thought it was on DeVoe. You could also clearly see the contact on the other guy. I think they just took a token look at it but didn't really pay attention. Anyway, no biggie. Like I said, helped UNC in the long run.
Ya got me wanting to see the damn play now-------:mad:

UK will come out swinging I the second half, if SCar can stand the first five and keep it close without foul trouble, we got a shot. Talent will separate itself to some degree but the key is to hang around until five to go.

Kentucky going zone has hurt USC. It's not really that the zone is that good, either. USC is getting really good looks out of it. They just cannot shoot.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
ADVERTISEMENT