ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, Dec 11th Games

How much leeway do we give yo?

Serious answer, I'm not sure there's a right person atm. My first call would be Jay Wright. Make him say no to 8m or whatever. I'd think about calling Self assuming the NCAA doesn't go in dry on him.

There aren't many standout young coaches. I think Nate Oats might be that guy, but you need more than a year for proof.

So a quick guess for me (besides picking myself)

1. Wright
2. Self
3. Oats
4. Beard (barf)
5. ???

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Serious answer, I'm not sure there's a right person atm. My first call would be Jay Wright. Make him say no to 8m or whatever. I'd think about calling Self assuming the NCAA doesn't go in dry on him.

There aren't many standout young coaches. I think Nate Oats might be that guy, but you need more than a year for proof.

1. Wright
2. Self
3. Oats
4. Beard (barf)
5. ???
Give me Cal over all those.

Cal of 2012, maybe. That Cal is long gone.

That's a good shout. Still not sure he's there yet. He hasn't won his conference yet in a decade coaching. 6-6 in the tournament.

That's fair for sure. I think he would kill it at a big time program though.

1. Wright
2. Self
3. Oats
4. Beard (barf)
5. ???

Self wouldn’t even consider it and Wright probably wouldn’t go for it either. Drew might though.

I know Drew gets some hate but it is difficult to discount what he has done at Baylor.

As a Cincinnati resident, I love watching the Crosstown Shootout! Serious intensity every time they matchup.

I know Drew gets some hate but it is difficult to discount what he has done at Baylor.

Since he went completely away from the zone defense in 2019 he’s arguably been the best coach in basketball. His teams play tenacious defense. Nova/Baylor will be fun tomorrow.

Self wouldn’t even consider it and Wright probably wouldn’t go for it either. Drew might though.

I agree with you, just saying I would probably call them and see. You never know. Self probably tired of that cheating Adidas and wanna go to a clean company like Nike.

As a Cincinnati resident, I love watching the Crosstown Shootout! Serious intensity every time they matchup.

I didn't know you were a Cincinnati guy. I thought I was the only guy on here in the area since @Kevin Bryan moved to Vegas or wherever. I'm in NKY though.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I agree with you, just saying I would probably call them and see. You never know. Self probably tired of that cheating Adidas and wanna go to a clean company like Nike.

I didn't know you were a Cincinnati guy. I thought I was the only guy on here in the area since @Kevin Bryan moved to Vegas or wherever. I'm in NKY though.
I’m technically in West Chester. Own a couple of breweries in Cincinnati (Woodburn and March First) and one in Middletown (Figleaf).

I'm in Florida now.

Reactions: RR30
Since he went completely away from the zone defense in 2019 he’s arguably been the best coach in basketball. His teams play tenacious defense. Nova/Baylor will be fun tomorrow.

No doubt. Looking forward to it.

I’m technically in West Chester. Own a couple of breweries in Cincinnati (Woodburn and March First) and one in Middletown (Figleaf).

Damn that's cool. Not a big alcohol guy but I'll have to check them out.

Reactions: boilerzz
A few good coaches and no good teams. Easily impressed, huh?
The top teams have weaknesses. It's a weak group at the top. Alot of parity. Everybody hates their team and we aren't even to January. People that don't hate their team probably should 😂

Just an opinion not claiming as fact. Enjoying the year and banter for sure. No clear team to beat is interesting.

The top teams have weaknesses. It's a weak group at the top. Alot of parity. Everybody hates their team and we aren't even to January. People that don't hate their team probably should 😂

Just an opinion not claiming as fact. Enjoying the year and banter for sure. No clear team to beat is interesting.

There may not be any dominant teams (although it's early) but I think the field is far deeper than last season.

Did Houston just get screwed? That looked like goaltending???

Did Houston just get screwed? That looked like goaltending???

Don’t think that ball was going in but even just a little bit was above the rim. Should have been a goaltend.

Yeah, it was hard to tell. That was a strange game all around. Thought that Houston player was going to kill the ref.

Don’t think that ball was going in but even just a little bit was above the rim. Should have been a goaltend.

I know everyone hates replays but it's unreal they can't replay a final second play regardless of result. Especially like that where if it's goaltend Houston wins and not Bama does.

I thought they could look at it but decided not to.

The ball definitely seemed to be above the rim. It wasn't going in or over the cylinder but looked above the rim. I don't think it would have been changed because I don't think it had a chance to go in but would have been nice to at least have them look at it.

Seems like whenever a review is needed most, you hear "not a reviewable play!" Including in the NFL.

Reactions: Villian07
fvck ur feelings
trailer-park-boys.gif

2-19 Cal can't shoot the ball for them lol But there was so much hype about our depth. Where the hell did that go? Other than Mintz, the 3 others that played for a combined total of 16 min. Wheeler was ineffective. 2 players in double figures. If this team can't run, and give ND credit for preventing that, there could be a lot these type of games. Allen and Ware got 0 minutes. Go figure. Sometimes Cal's bar for players earning their time is too high. Use what you got Cal, figure it out as he would tell his players.

Reactions: rockycard
2-19 Cal can't shoot the ball for them lol But there was so much hype about our depth. Where the hell did that go? Other than Mintz, the 3 others that played for a combined total of 16 min. Wheeler was ineffective. 2 players in double figures. If this team can't run, and give ND credit for preventing that, there could be a lot these type of games. Allen and Ware got 0 minutes. Go figure. Sometimes Cal's bar for players earning their time is too high. Use what you got Cal, figure it out as he would tell his players.
Kinda reminds me of our team in terms of depth. I don’t understand why we aren’t pressing full court and just keeping them fresh with substitutions. Makes no sense to me.

Kentucky will beat us and I have zero doubt about that.

Reactions: Villian07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT