ADVERTISEMENT

SARR to UK

UK helped Baker and Green get eligible immediately. Likely will do the same for Juzang. Hopefully they help Sarr, considering he was staying until they fired Manning after the deadline.

you would think - hopefully Forbes is not petty...

UNC fan posted a tweet from Keion Brooks' dad that all but said we would be adding another player. Assuming a big man. But to be honest, Sarr is kind of make or break for our season. With him, we could be final four bound. Without him, sweet sixteen exit could very well happen.
Do you think UK is a Final 4 caliber team with Saar? You guys lost everyone that contributed in anyway from the squad last year.

The only way I see it besides some tourney magic happening is if one or preferably both BJ Boston and Terence Clarke end up being superstar recruits like Wall, Cousins, AD, Ben Simmons, Tatum, Zion, Barrett, etc.

I think the blue bloods this year will likely be a tier below Nova, the Zags and Baylor.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Do you think UK is a Final 4 caliber team with Saar? You guys lost everyone that contributed in anyway from the squad last year.

The only way I see it besides some tourney magic happening is if one or preferably both BJ Boston and Terence Clarke end up being superstar recruits like Wall, Cousins, AD, Ben Simmons, Tatum, Zion, Barrett, etc.

I think the blue bloods this year will likely be a tier below Nova, the Zags and Baylor.
It definitely affects our ceiling. With him, yes, I do believe this team could make the final four. A solid big man, and two very good guards who are going to be top 5 if not top 10 picks next season. Without him, I didn't see us making it past the elite eight on our best day

Saar is good but I don't think he's the missing piece for UK in terms of a FF run.

Reactions: Random UK Fan

Boston/Clarke is the best tandem UK has gotten since Fox/Monk. Sarr was an All ACC player. Brooks should take a jump. I think it'll take some time but that roster if he's eligible is very good and well rounded for once.

i think the bigger question is
how many rival fans are going to ask how many 40-0 threads will be on Rupp Rafters?

I'm sure you will go there and report back to us. FWIW I haven't been keeping up with UK recruiting and what they have returning. I've seen Saar play a few games and he was ok, not dominating but steady.

Boston/Clarke is the best tandem UK has gotten since Fox/Monk. Sarr was an All ACC player. Brooks should take a jump. I think it'll take some time but that roster if he's eligible is very good and well rounded for once.

Since Fox/Monk you say? That can only mean on thing...

i

In all seriousness, having Sarr would be huge for Kentucky. I think their two freshman guards are legit. Cal has shown he gets these teams revved up as the year goes on and having a reliable big man is always a key for him (or anyone).

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Dude is good for sure. Battles between him and Malik and Enoch were tough this year.

One thing I haven’t seen here is the fact that Manning literally talked him out of entering his name in the draft. He was going to leave, or at least test the waters. Then Manning was fired something like 24-48 hrs before the deadline to enter his name and he didn’t have time to get the paperwork together. I would think that bodes well for his eligibility.

I can't imagine what kind of media circus would come along with a school hindering the transfer process of a player that wants to transfer because the school fired his coach and replaced him with one that has a show cause on his resume.

I can't imagine what kind of media circus would come along with a school hindering the transfer process of a player that wants to transfer because the school fired his coach and replaced him with one that has a show cause on his resume.

Yeah I mean transferring to a program that has a coach with two vacated final 4’s is no big deal either.

Since Fox/Monk you say? That can only mean on thing...

i

In all seriousness, having Sarr would be huge for Kentucky. I think their two freshman guards are legit. Cal has shown he gets these teams revved up as the year goes on and having a reliable big man is always a key for him (or anyone).

Luke’s younger brother Drake will be a freshman on the UNC football team next year.
I’ve read where he’s a pretty decent basketball player also & could possibly be a walk on.

We were a solid big man away from having that ceiling. Not saying we should be top 5 or anything to start the year, but our team will be pretty decent
CBB is an experienced guard's game so I think Askew and Mintz are ultimately what holds UK back from having a Final 4 ceiling.

Maybe they end up surprising though, we"ll see.

One thing I haven’t seen here is the fact that Manning literally talked him out of entering his name in the draft. He was going to leave, or at least test the waters. Then Manning was fired something like 24-48 hrs before the deadline to enter his name and he didn’t have time to get the paperwork together. I would think that bodes well for his eligibility.
Not so sure. If this were a time where entering the draft terminated your eligibility....then yeah. BUT....The NCAA will say---"He could've still entered the draft for feedback, w/o putting his eligibility in jeopardy." Hence giving him the opportunity to stay, and play for Manning.

The media should probably do better research. Here's a list of players coming from power conferences that sat out, and ones that were granted immediate eligibility. Looks like it's pretty close to 50-50.

So yes, it's not a sure thing that he'll be available in 2021. But certainly a much better shot at a waiver if your coach leaves. And I'm guessing some of these players, like Antwann Jones, were persuaded by their coach to not to seek a waiver, because playing time would be sparse.

Sat Out:
Rashawn Fredericks, Cincinnati to UAB
Brady Heiman, Nebraska to South Dakota
Antwann Jones, Memphis to Creighton
Sedee Keita, St.Johhn's to FIU
Darius McNeill, California to SMU
Eliel Nsoseme, Cincinnati to Georgia State
Justice Sueing, California to Ohio State
Bryan Trimble, St.John's to Akron
Connor Vanover, California to Arkansas

Immediately Eligible:
Mikey Dixon, St.John's to Grand Canyon
LaQuill Hardnett, Cincinnati to Buffalo
Amir Harris, Nebraska to George Washington
Dazon Ingram, Alabama to UCF
Isiah Jasey, Texas A&M to SMU
Logan Johnson, Cincinnati to Saint Mary's
Brandon Mahan, Texas A&M to UCF
Gabe Osabuohien, Arkansas to West Virginia
Jordan Phillips, Arkansas to UT Arlington
John Walker, Texas A&M to Texas Southern
Diante Wood, Alabama to Jacksonville
I oculd be mistaken, but I believe what they were saying was allwoing kids an immediate waiver, due to a coach being fired; and also, traditional transfers.

CBB is an experienced guard's game so I think Askew and Mintz are ultimately what holds UK back from having a Final 4 ceiling.

Maybe they end up surprising though, we"ll see.

Both are good shooters and Mintz has been a solid player in a good conference. Considering Clarke and Boston are going to be initiating the offense they should be fine unless they go full ****** like Hagans had the tendency to do.

And that’s the thing. Supposedly it’s about more than just his coach being fired.

Also I think the ncaa will probably be more lenient with the transfer waiver in wake of the pandemic.

Reactions: RipThru
Luke’s younger brother Drake will be a freshman on the UNC football team next year.
I’ve read where he’s a pretty decent basketball player also & could possibly be a walk on.

Yeah, he is a really good athlete apparently. Would be cool to see.

Yeah, win a title there. Hopefully this Maye keeps that streak going.
He wins a title with UNC football, he’ll have serious bragging rights over his brothers.
I’d also be happy with a title on the basketball team as a walk one.

If UK can get Randolph Morris eligible after going thru the entire draft process only to go undrafted (broke the mold), As well as Eric Bledsoe who should have had to go to juco, and Not to mention damn near got a professional player from Turkey eligible, I have zero doubts Sarr will be granted a waiver, and playing next season. He’s from France I believe so it’s not like he would qualify for any kind of hardship waiver, but if the ncaa will let Justin Fields, a quarterback, from the state of Georgia, transfer FROM Georgia to OSU and play immediately when Kirby Smart wasn’t fired, they will let Sarr play next year at UK.

I don’t quite understand why he would let manning talk him out of testing the waters when he could do it multiple years and stay eligible , or why manning would even want him not to go get feedback, bc it’s not like he was gonna get drafted this year regardless. But I don’t see why that is being tossed around as a valid reason that he should be able to play immediately. That’s his decision to make, and honestly every kid with pro aspirations should go thru

Also I have a hard time believing a player couldn’t fill out the draft paperwork in 48 hours (or any kind of paperwork, 48 hours is a longgggg time, one call to a ncaa approved agent and that would have been taken care if for him, but whatever, he picked the right place to not have to worry about whether or not he will get a waiver, and I’d be saying the same thing if he picked duke, Kansas, Unc etc

Believe what you want, but The blue bloods play under a different set of rules than everyone else, in football as well.

Heck of a player at a definite position of need for Kentucky though. One of y’all called it when manning was fired, UK had whiffed on a handful of GT big men only to land the best of the bunch late in the game. And I agree it takes UK from top 20ish to top 10ish with definite FF aspirations. Big time get, congrats UK fans.

If UK can get Randolph Morris eligible after going thru the entire draft process only to go undrafted (broke the mold), As well as Eric Bledsoe who should have had to go to juco, and Not to mention damn near got a professional player from Turkey eligible, I have zero doubts Sarr will be granted a waiver, and playing next season. He’s from France I believe so it’s not like he would qualify for any kind of hardship waiver, but if the ncaa will let Justin Fields, a quarterback, from the state of Georgia, transfer FROM Georgia to OSU and play immediately when Kirby Smart wasn’t fired, they will let Sarr play next year at UK.

I don’t quite understand why he would let manning talk him out of testing the waters when he could do it multiple years and stay eligible , or why manning would even want him not to go get feedback, bc it’s not like he was gonna get drafted this year regardless. But I don’t see why that is being tossed around as a valid reason that he should be able to play immediately. That’s his decision to make, and honestly every kid with pro aspirations should go thru

Also I have a hard time believing a player couldn’t fill out the draft paperwork in 48 hours (or any kind of paperwork, 48 hours is a longgggg time, one call to a ncaa approved agent and that would have been taken care if for him, but whatever, he picked the right place to not have to worry about whether or not he will get a waiver, and I’d be saying the same thing if he picked duke, Kansas, Unc etc

Believe what you want, but The blue bloods play under a different set of rules than everyone else, in football as well.

Heck of a player at a definite position of need for Kentucky though. One of y’all called it when manning was fired, UK had whiffed on a handful of GT big men only to land the best of the bunch late in the game. And I agree it takes UK from top 20ish to top 10ish with definite FF aspirations. Big time get, congrats UK fans.
That's quite a rant... and thanks. :D

They’ve had plenty transfer and have to sit a year. I’m not sure on how many transferred and got to play immediately except ones that left first semester.

But regardless, he’s going to UK, he will get to play.

I’m not up for the Herculean task of teaching you logic, but if you can find a player that UK/Cal has hindered from transferring, that might support your unrelated argument.
Coming from a fan of a program that employs Bruce Pearl makes it especially LOL-worthy. Laughing

the best part is that the UK fanbase was at the head of the Cal is a cheater line when he was at Memphis

Reactions: Villian07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT