ADVERTISEMENT

Rugh Roh Kansas

Again---I'm too dumb to post pics---but a buddy sent me a pic of a jayhawk shirt that says "pay heed"....also, pay silvio, josh, billy, and marcus. It was actually pretty good compared to the usual gayhawk stuff.

They're not.

Just because the player is high caliber doesnt mean they are dirty.

Is this serious?

I'm really beginning to hope that Calipari and Kentucky get hammered. This holier-than-thou crap from Kentucky fans is absolutely hilarious.

By the definition of dirty in this thread, Cal is already proven. Camby, Rose, Bledsoe, Adebayo.

But you could be right...Nike and OAD U are the only clean parties here.RollLaugh

I'm black so I can say it...it's true. Seriously, if you're already an NBA player and just going to have some fun and play hoops for a year at college, you telling me Lawrence Kansas would be in your top 100 destinations? I know it wouldnt be in mine.
Weird, my wife is black and she chose to live in Lawrence all by herself. I didn’t even have to pay her.

You can say what you want about Kansas as a whole, but Lawrence is a nice place. I can tell you that I’d rather live in Lawrence than just about anywhere in Michigan.

Weird, my wife is black and she chose to live in Lawrence all by herself. I didn’t even have to pay her.

You can say what you want about Kansas as a whole, but Lawrence is a nice place. I can tell you that I’d rather live in Lawrence than just about anywhere in Michigan.

your wife isn't an OAD basketball player you ******. Why don't you actually read what I wrote and then respond accordingly

your wife isn't an OAD basketball player you ******. Why don't you actually read what I wrote and then respond accordingly

Responding accordingly would be to point and laugh at you til his gut burst, but he took the high road.

But hey...you tried, right? That's what matters.

You should stick to banging bros bc your posts aren’t controversial.....they are just ****ing hilariously terrible.

It's obviously not out of the question that the staff knew about these situations, same as any other school that lands the same types of players (LOL at any Duke/Kentucky/NC fans who think that their players aren't taking money from anyone).

It's also not out of the question that they didn't personally facilitate or arrange anything, but looked the other way.

Bottom line: if North Carolina can skate scot-free for confirmed in-house cheating, and if similar allegations go unpunished at other schools, they'd better leave De Sousa and KU's final four alone.

Hookers, shoe company bagmen, sham classes, wiretaps, gang rapes, and whatever else I’m forgetting. It’s a great time to be a college basketball fan!
Yep. When big money creeps in, no one is sparred the corruption. Gross.

Is it more likely these four Kansas players or guardians received benefits being a very rare thing, or is it more likely this happens with a large amount of top players. Who is adidas out bidding? Nike? UA? Jordan? I find it completely believable coaches don’t know about this crap. They wouldn’t risk their huge salaries.

Is it more likely these four Kansas players or guardians received benefits being a very rare thing, or is it more likely this happens with a large amount of top players. Who is adidas out bidding? Nike? UA? Jordan? I find it completely believable coaches don’t know about this crap. They wouldn’t risk their huge salaries.

You know what else is a risk to those huge salaries? Not winning.

That said, I could see them not knowing about specifics. But I'd imagine they hear rumors and sometimes have an idea.

Reactions: Big_C_KU

That said, I could see them not knowing about specifics. But I'd imagine they hear rumors and sometimes have an idea.

Claiming ignorance is the #1 excuse in the world.

But one thing doesn't add up. Why sit Preston and not DeSousa if you knew what was going on? Hell, why sit either?

Reactions: npreston

But one thing doesn't add up. Why sit Preston and not DeSousa if you knew what was going on? Hell, why sit either?

Ya me thinks Preston was in trouble and Self sugarcoated it to make it look decent. Silvio I think will be ok.

Having a shoe company pay your rent so you'll sign with a Nike school is legal?

And don't kid yourself, Duke has been in this EXACT same situation:
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=100919&page=1
First off my original post obviously flew over your head (hint: it was a joke). Secondly paying Bagley's dad to coach an AAU team is 100% legal regardless of the wage. Carter (or his mom/dad, whatever) had a meal, nothing to see there.

First off my original post obviously flew over your head (hint: it was a joke). Secondly paying Bagley's dad to coach an AAU team is 100% legal regardless of the wage. Carter (or his mom/dad, whatever) had a meal, nothing to see there.

So it's your position that guys like Bagley and Carter took nothing? That Adidas is dirty but Nike is spotless?

Sure thing.
Laughing

Exactly.

Haters don't want to admit it, but the facts would indicate that KU is cleaner than many think.

A few months ago, before the recent Adidas allegations, a KU fan posted this on the home board:

Feb 21, 6:52 PM
Didn’t see the fbi thread but figured I’d post in case there’s a little concern. Fwiw:
Buddy of mine played for Self in the last 5 years and was heavily recruited nationally. Had dinner with him last night, the Louisville stuff was on TV so I asked if we had anything to worry about. Pretty much word for word: “with the coaches? Fu-uck no. It’s all good with the coaches. No idea about players and what they may be up to, but the program's clean.”
I asked about a certain Asst coach and he said “oh no. Self is serious about that shit and none of them would go rogue. Especially him. He’d be gone so fast and he knows it (alluding to any minor violation).”

I've heard similar stories from others.

It just might be possible that Adidas did indeed organize this behind KU's backs. The facts would seem to support it so far.

So far nothing has been proven or admitted to as far as KU goes. The worse that can happen is Silvio could be ineligible. BP didn't play and KU did a good job of investigating him. It's amazing how many people want to cast aspersions on other teams coaching staffs but not on their own. The worse thing out there lately is the cover up of the gymnastics coach at MSU.

giphy.gif
No self-respecting black guy would use a Big Lebowski gif unless he was adopted by white parents as a baby.

Second time Duke has missed a final four since 2013 because they lost to a team with ineligible players. Wish you guys could run a clean program like K.
Don't forget '98! That was way before Cal came to town and cleaned UK up.

ADVERTISEMENT