ADVERTISEMENT

Rugh Roh Kansas

I wonder if schools can have players sign a liability waiver and if they lie about benefits received and it affects the school---they are financially liable for damages. get some of that NBA money!!!

The only thing that really sucks is we probably won't see anymore of De Sousa in college. At best he may be available in 19-20. Can't take the chance of playing De Sousa and the NCAA isn't gonna make any rulings on anything involving the FBI until the investigations are completed and probably the trials are done.

Still has no idea.
tenor.gif

I just stopped in Salina, KS for the night... drove from Cincinnati. That toll road through Lawrence to Topeka is some BS, BTW. Pretty boring drive overall, as is driving through all the plains states. I do like the 75 MPH speed limit. Makes it easier to justify setting the cruise control on 90. Still seems like I have been in Kansas all damn day and I'm not even to the middle of the state yet. Sick Can't wait to get to Colorado tomorrow.

I just stopped in Salina, KS for the night... drove from Cincinnati. That toll road through Lawrence to Topeka is some BS, BTW. Pretty boring drive overall, as is driving through all the plains states. I do like the 75 MPH speed limit. Makes it easier to justify setting the cruise control on 90. Still seems like I have been in Kansas all damn day and I'm not even to the middle of the state yet. Sick Can't wait to get to Colorado tomorrow.

Well be happy you're halfway through Kansas. You're right the speed limit at 75 is nice. On the highway you can usually go 85-90 and the highway patrol won't pull you over. Just really watch going through the smaller towns on your way to Colorado. Not many cops but they won't be afraid to pull someone over for even going 1 mile over the speed limit.

Also I agree. The toll booth between Lawrence and KC and then the one on the east side of Topeka suck.

Well be happy you're halfway through Kansas. You're right the speed limit at 75 is nice. On the highway you can usually go 85-90 and the highway patrol won't pull you over. Just really watch going through the smaller towns on your way to Colorado. Not many cops but they won't be afraid to pull someone over for even going 1 mile over the speed limit.

Also I agree. The toll booth between Lawrence and KC and then the one on the east side of Topeka suck.
Thanks for the head's up! Driving another long leg tomorrow, almost all the way to the Utah border. Stopping in Grand Junction. Looking forward that that change of scenery.

Where are you staying in Salina?

Heck. If I would’ve known you could have had a spot at my place. Sitting on my dock drinking a cocktail.
Man, that sounds awesome! Got a line in the water too? Was a great day weather-wise today. Nice driving with the windows down.

I bet! Tomorrow will come close to 90. 30 by Friday night.
Sounds about like the Cincinnati weather. It has been a bi-polar winter and early spring for sure. Craziest weather year that I can remember in a while. Experience all 4 seasons within a week. Laughing

Reactions: mebeblue2
Kentucky maybe, Duke? No chance.

Duke maybe.

Kentucky no chance
Quit stealing my lines.
Stop being a poor and fly.

Sounds about like the Cincinnati weather. It has been a bi-polar winter and early spring for sure. Craziest weather year that I can remember in a while. Experience all 4 seasons within a week. Laughing
Hit me up if you are driving back thru and need a break.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Nothing is going to happen to KU. Nor Silvio.

Billy Preston probably would have f’ed the season however because his sh** smells pretty bad as far as pay to play. But he never played a game.

End of story.

Reactions: npreston
So if KU forfeits their wins this season that makes WVU the Big 12 regular season and tourney champs?

We ended the streak!
You wouldn't want to do it like that-----the only way I'd defer if something like this happened is if their was proof that the school or staff knew. Goes for any program. Throw the book at us if we had coaches organizing this stuff, but I can hardly fault any school for playing ncaa cleared players.

Gotta cheat to beat us. Winking

Time to go hang a banner in the Wvu coliseum.
De Sousa played 7 minutes in the first game, totaling 2 points. He didn't play in the second regular season game. I would be more concerned about your team blowing double digit leads than a player scoring 2 points.

De Sousa played 7 minutes in the first game, totaling 2 points. He didn't play in the second regular season game. I would be more concerned about your team blowing double digit leads than a player scoring 2 points.

Those blown leads were crazy frustrating...

But hey, Big 12 regular season and tourney champs, and a sweet 16 isn't a bad year at all.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
"Coach Self is not about that (paying players),” Falmagne told The Star . “That is one of the things I really appreciate about him. He is, like ‘Coaches are gonna offer you this. What I’m going to say is I am not going to jeopardize my livelihood for that. I can guarantee you if he really wants to be an NBA player, I can make him NBA. It’s going to take a lot of work from him, but I can get him there. That’s when his reward is going to come. Right now is not the time for it.’

“I was like, ‘Wow, Coach Brown was right about this guy.’ That’s when we went over there (to visit KU).’

My word there are some salty assed b1ggers who soooo want Jackson's name drug through the mud.
Been snotting about it since he popped. I'm rooting for you guys, I really am.

How they see LfK is pretty equal to the way college basketball feels about (mostly) their entire conference.
I mean, why would any black kid spend a year, mid-country, north of the 32nd parallel without getting paid?!
Nevermind north of the 40th.. I hear it snows up there!

amirite, amirite? I think I'm rite.

Hookers, shoe company bagmen, sham classes, wiretaps, gang rapes, and whatever else I’m forgetting. It’s a great time to be a college basketball fan!

And out of that lot, I'd be pretty all-right if Kansas only got tripped up on shoe company garbage.

Reactions: 829305
ADVERTISEMENT