ADVERTISEMENT

Rugh Roh Kansas

Meh. Was only a matter of time. Can't have all that crap with ADIDAS and have gotten away free. Honestly from those one guys emails it sounds like both Under Armour and ADIDAS were paying Jackson long before his decision in order to influence his decision.

Edit: Just read the whole affidavit. From it says Jackson was paid to attend KU under a scheme concocted by Gatto and Apples for her to get paid ridiculously through her AAU program. She also helped funnel money to De Sousa and his guardian to influence his decision. Says at the very end these payments were done in a way to conceal the truth from the NCAA and KU. How much KU knew about it is under question. Looks like KU wasn't the one working through ADIDAS but was Josh's Mom Apples.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

everybody in the state of Michigan knew Jackson got half a mil from Adidas. I dont know why schools were even going after him. It's not really worth the risk having a kid for one year and potentially having them get you on probation in a few years due to bullshit like this unless hes NBA Superstar level (Carmelo, Anthony Davis etc)

Last edited:
Reactions: JRMSU
everybody in the state of Michigan knew Jackson got half a mil from Adidas. I dont know why schools were even going after him. It's not really worth the risk having a kid for one years unless hes NBA Superstar level (Carmelo, Anthony Davis etc)

Jackson want to go to different schools but Apple had already cashed the checks.

Meh. Was only a matter of time. Can't have all that crap with ADIDAS and have gotten away free. Honestly from those one guys emails it sounds like both Under Armour and ADIDAS were paying Jackson long before his decision in order to influence his decision.

Edit: Just read the whole affidavit. From it says Jackson was paid to attend KU under a scheme concocted by Gatto and Apples for her to get paid ridiculously through her AAU program. She also helped funnel money to De Sousa and his guardian to influence his decision. Says at the very end these payments were done in a way to conceal the truth from the NCAA and KU. How much KU knew about it is under question. Looks like KU wasn't the one working through ADIDAS but was Josh's Mom Apples.

Guess when they said Jackson's momma was running the recruitment they weren't lying. Which means he would be ineligible. Maybe De Sousa too?

Guess when they said Jackson's momma was running the recruitment they weren't lying. Which means he would be ineligible. Maybe De Sousa too?

Knew eventually it would come. The emails from the one guys a couple months ago said Apples was getting paid big time by both Under Armour and ADIDAS.

Is it different from Bam getting paid? Or Bagley?

Pretty sure this is talking about paying players to go to specific schools.
I am all for punishing Kansas if it shows our staff participated or were involved in making the payments. So far it sounds like adidas and nike try to sway players to attend their sponsored schools and to sign with them after jumping to the NBA. Same with agents. If a player received money, or their family did---what are schools like KU, Duke, UNC, UK to do? They were cleared to play and if the schools and coaching staffs don't have a thing to do with it----not sure how its different getting money from a shoe company or agent.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Honestly feel the same way. The whole thing is corrupt and knew it was a matter of time before KU was implicated.

It's pretty systemic, but there are some coaches that dont cheat and still succeed. I can say emphatically that our coach John Beilein is one. It's one of the reasons I think he's one of the best coaches in the country. To get the results he does playing against a stacked deck is crazy. I think Jay Wright is also clean from what I know (probably the best coach in the country)

We've tried to tell Kansas fans but they didnt want to hear it. Like seriously, what black kid would really want to spend a year in Lawrence Kansas if he wasnt getting paid? LOL..yall arent the only ones doing it, but a ton of your fans we're delusional. Duke is the biggest cheaters out right now and they still think they're landing these players because of Coach K and their desire to want to play in Durham for one year lol

It's pretty systemic, but there are some coaches that dont cheat and still succeed. I can say emphatically that our coach John Beilein is one. It's one of the reasons I think he's one of the best coaches in the country. To get the results he does playing against a stacked deck is crazy. I think Jay Wright is also clean from what I know (probably the best coach in the country)

We've tried to tell Kansas fans but they didnt want to hear it. Like seriously, what black kid would really want to spend a year in Lawrence Kansas if he wasnt getting paid? LOL..yall arent the only ones doing it, but a ton of your fans we're delusional. Duke is the biggest cheaters out right now and they still think they're landing these players because of Coach K and their desire to want to play in Durham for one year lol

Smfh

how so? honest question.

Bagley I believe was for meeting with an agent and not paying for his meal. After he was already at duke.

This is confirmed payments from an agent/shoe company before the player came to their respective school.

It was weird how Kansas got their first black kid to play in Allen Fieldhouse with Josh Jackson.

Reading the indictment some more. What's funny is a $20,000 payment was made to De Sousa's family to get them "out from under" a deal made with a rival apparel company. The sad thing is ADIDAS is only the tip of the ice berg and the dumb ones who got caught.

Yeah, not sure what you can do to KU if they knew nothing about it. Parents getting paid for the AAU stuff clearly goes on. I would assume most of the time it has some bearing on where they go to school. It is probably hard to prove though. Regardless, not sure how you hold the school responsible.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Reading the indictment some more. What's funny is a $20,000 payment was made to De Sousa's family to get them "out from under" a deal made with a rival apparel company. The sad thing is ADIDAS is only the tip of the ice berg and the dumb ones who got caught.
Must've been Russell Athletic if Adidas trumped it with that chump change.

Bagley I believe was for meeting with an agent and not paying for his meal. After he was already at duke.

This is confirmed payments from an agent/shoe company before the player came to their respective school.
Does the FBI brief say the university of kansas was defrauded by Gatto and adidas b/c it purposefully concealed payments from anyone but the family and allowed the ncaa to approve and clear the player so kansas was eligible to reward him a scholarship? To me that sounds like Kansas has nothing to do with it except playing an eligible player to their knowledge, and the ncaa's knowledge at the time.

Must've been Russell Athletic if Adidas trumped it with that chump change.

Wal-Mart was supplying the original deal.

But seriously it was probably Under Armour since SDS was considered a strong Maryland lean for a while. Had to get out from under deal with UA to attend KU. Just some crazy shit how it all works. Stuff we knew what was going on but now getting details

I'm black so I can say it...it's true. Seriously, if you're already an NBA player and just going to have some fun and play hoops for a year at college, you telling me Lawrence Kansas would be in your top 100 destinations? I know it wouldnt be in mine.

Idgaf what color you are. What an ignorant dumbass statement.

Further, you’ve clearly never been to Lawrence. The women that attend college there are probably some of the best in the Midwest. No bull. The females in Lawrence are gorgeous.

Not to mention you live like a king for a year and get treated like royalty everywhere you go in that city.

Do t be so dense.

I'm black so I can say it...it's true. Seriously, if you're already an NBA player and just going to have some fun and play hoops for a year at college, you telling me Lawrence Kansas would be in your top 100 destinations? I know it wouldnt be in mine.
You should google Kansas basketball---its kind of an ok school to hone your basketball skills----but what would i know not being as black as you are.

Does the FBI brief say the university of kansas was defrauded by Gatto and adidas b/c it purposefully concealed payments from anyone but the family and allowed the ncaa to approve and clear the player so kansas was eligible to reward him a scholarship? To me that sounds like Kansas has nothing to do with it except playing an eligible player to their knowledge, and the ncaa's knowledge at the time.

Im not saying Kansas as an institution has anything to do with it.

All I’m saying is that Jackson got paid to go to Kansas. Whether self, the AD, etc knew that or contributed to that who knows yet. Doesn’t mean the player is eligible, if he took $ even without Kansas knowing he is ineligible.

ADVERTISEMENT