ADVERTISEMENT

***Round of 32 - Monday Games Thread***

Dude...Kansas is getting run out of the gym. Nobody wants to hear your excuses
It’s a damn good excuse though. I’m sorry but it is. What I’m seeing is complete bullshit. I’ve seen those guys play multiple times and they couldn’t shoot for shit. Defensively they’ve been exceptional, but this offensive performance is just pure luck. Tonight EVERYTHING is going in. I expected the poor offensive performance by KU. We struggle with length and USC has a lot of it. But I thought we would at least keep it close defensively. You can’t defend what they’re doing. They’re making Gonzaga look like amateurs, and we played the Zags. Had it tied with a few minutes left. We’re playing better defense that we did against the Zags, but the Zags couldn’t do this well. Sorry, but that is just pure luck. It just is. Same ****ing bullshit as when your ducks played us in the sweet 16 and dude is hitting threes that bounce 10 feet in the air and somehow fall in. He couldn’t repeat that performance if he tried a thousand times. Couldn’t shoot that well in an empty gym. It’s a ****ing curse man. Danny and the Miracles sold their soul for that ‘88 title and ever since we have had shit luck.

Has an entire conference ever caught fire before? Is it possible? Cause we are seeing teams that lose to crap schools like Portland State somehow coming out and playing like the ‘85 Lakers. It’s like they’re feeding off each other’s energy.

It’s really a shame. Cause I wanted to see somebody beat the Zags. But you don’t get two performances like this. They’re wasting it on a night they don’t need it. Could have remained human and beaten KU with their defense and saved this performance for Gonzaga.

• Haha
Reactions: duckboy33
It’s a damn good excuse though. I’m sorry but it is. What I’m seeing is complete bullshit. I’ve seen those guys play multiple times and they couldn’t shoot for shit. Defensively they’ve been exceptional, but this offensive performance is just pure luck. Tonight EVERYTHING is going in. I expected the poor offensive performance by KU. We struggle with length and USC has a lot of it. But I thought we would at least keep it close defensively. You can’t defend what they’re doing. They’re making Gonzaga look like amateurs, and we played the Zags. Had it tied with a few minutes left. We’re playing better defense that we did against the Zags, but the Zags couldn’t do this well. Sorry, but that is just pure luck. It just is. Same ****ing bullshit as when your ducks played us in the sweet 16 and dude is hitting threes that bounce 10 feet in the air and somehow fall in. He couldn’t repeat that performance if he tried a thousand times. Couldn’t shoot that well in an empty gym. It’s a ****ing curse man. Danny and the Miracles sold their soul for that ‘88 title and ever since we have had shit luck.

Has an entire conference ever caught fire before? Is it possible? Cause we are seeing teams that lose to crap schools like Portland State somehow coming out and playing like the ‘85 Lakers. It’s like they’re feeding off each other’s energy.

It’s really a shame. Cause I wanted to see somebody beat the Zags. But you don’t get two performances like this. They’re wasting it on a night they don’t need it. Could have remained human and beaten KU with their defense and saved this performance for Gonzaga.

Maybe Kansas just isn't that good

Not surprised really. Had some hope. This KU team has looked like a 2nd round team at best all year. USC is a shit matchup for this team so the opponent just sealed the 2nd round loss. Similar to Auburn in 2019. Just an awful matchup for this specific KU team.

Maybe Kansas just isn't that good
Beat more ranked teams than any other team in the country. We aren’t great, but we are good.

USC is in the zone. What can you do in that situation? They’d beat your Ducks running away if y’all played right now. Lucky for you, they can’t play like this twice in a row.

OU was missing their #1 player
Gonzaga had their worst shooting game of the year...

Also, Reaves played. But you must be talking about 2nd leading scorer De'vion Harmon. He's not their #1 player. Reaves leads OU in damn near every single offensive stat...

PPG 17
Rpg--5.8
APG--4.6
FT%--87%

Beat more ranked teams than any other team in the country. We aren’t great, but we are good.

USC is in the zone. What can you do in that situation? They’d beat your Ducks running away if y’all played right now. Lucky for you, they can’t play like this twice in a row.

I don't acknowledge the AP rankings. They've proven to be BS in this tournament. All those "ranked" wins for the BIg 12 hasn't helped them this tournament. Only Baylor looks surviving the first two rounds

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
Gonzaga had their worst shooting game of the year...

Also, Reaves played. But you must be talking about 2nd leading scorer De'vion Harmon. He's not their #1 player. Reaves leads OU in damn near every single offensive stat...

PPG 17
Rpg--5.8
APG--4.6
FT%--87%

Harmon is their best player.

Gonzaga can win a NC but they are going to have to play defense.
Especially if Creighton starts shooting well.

Or once they play USC/Oregon

I don't acknowledge the AP rankings. They've proven to be BS in this tournament. All those "ranked" wins for the BIg 12 hasn't helped them this tournament. Only Baylor looks surviving the first two rounds
We’ve beat a few teams that are still alive in this tourney. One of only two teams to beat Baylor and we didn’t just beat them, we handled them, it was never a contest. We had Gonzaga tied halfway through the 2nd half and put 90 on them.
We are a very up and down team though. When we are good, we are good. When we are bad, we are really bad. But this game is both us being bad and USC playing beyond themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: duckboy33
Oh I think Oregon would win
Maybe, but I don't think you'd have nearly the same type of performance you did against Iowa. We just are too athletic to give up the runouts and other easy baskets you guys were getting. We also play a lot more guys which would help to negate the top heavy nature of your team. But you did have a really impressive performance, no doubt.

Harmon is their best player.

Gonzaga can win a NC but they are going to have to play defense.
Especially if Creighton starts shooting well.

Or once they play USC/Oregon
KU played Creighton earlier this year and led pretty much the whole way. Gonzaga will murder them.

Maybe, but I don't think you'd have nearly the same type of performance you did against Iowa. We just are too athletic to give up the runouts and other easy baskets you guys were getting. We also play a lot more guys which would help to negate the top heavy nature of your team. But you did have a really impressive performance, no doubt.
Ya I agree with that

Lulz at certain Kansas fans. Welcome to the "get routed" club.

SmokinSmile

Difference being we had low expectations. Your hopes and dreams were crushed. Laughing

Other difference, of course, is that KU has the most tourney wins this century. Iowa hasn’t been past the 2nd round.

We’ve beat a few teams that are still alive in this tourney. One of only two teams to beat Baylor and we didn’t just beat them, we handled them, it was never a contest. We had Gonzaga tied halfway through the 2nd half and put 90 on them.
We are a very up and down team though. When we are good, we are good. When we are bad, we are really bad. But this game is both us being bad and USC playing beyond themselves.
Dude you've got to stop pretending like you contended with Gonzaga. Gonzaga got up 14 on you early. You brought it back and then Gonzaga immediately blitzed you again.

Dude you've got to stop pretending like you contended with Gonzaga. Gonzaga got up 14 on you early. You brought it back and then Gonzaga immediately blitzed you again.
In a year where Gonzaga has blitzed everybody, I’m gonna claim it 😁

Florida State has the athleticism and length to make things difficult on Oregon. It's an entirely different type of game if Oregon and FSU are playing

ADVERTISEMENT