ADVERTISEMENT

Rosanne Lamar Bee Left/Right Slugjam

Yea I was late to the party on this today. But after hearing it.... WTF was Roseanne expecting?
More to the point for the purposes of this thread: Why are people doing the Matrix to deny the obvious about the r-a-c-i-s-t nature of her tweet(s)?

Reactions: Quavarius
More to the point for the purposes of this thread: Why are people doing the Matrix to deny the obvious about the r-a-c-i-s-t nature of her tweet(s)?
Not sure? When I first heard about her getting cut loose I was weary if it was a legitimate reason or not. But Roseanne said something really stupid and she will now pay for it. But she will be fine personally , just made herself look trashy again. But why is anyone surprised?

Not sure? When I first heard about her getting cut loose I was weary if it was a legitimate reason or not. But Roseanne said something really stupid and she will now pay for it. But she will be fine personally , just made herself look trashy again. But why is anyone surprised?
About Roseanne? Whatevs.
I'm surprised this wasn't the straw that got everyone to agree that an incident was racist AML. I've apparently given some people more credit than they deserve.

This entire country is consumed by one sided thinking. Republicans and Democrats (the one's we constantly hear opinions from) are morons that just want to live in their own personal echo chamber.
I can't disagree with this.....at all

Slow news day apparently.

You all lost me with "racially insensitive".

That tweet was racist.

It was not "dumb" or "stupid" or "poorly thought out"; it was, however, informative.

This Left vs Right shit makes people look stupid af.
And I know how that'll go...
Idiots hate being called idiots.
I believe in calling people out directly. I don't mind having disagreements so you can call me out.

I agree with the majority of your post. Whether it was blatant racism or racially insensitive is not something that can be proven either way. Though I think we can agree that it was dumb, it was stupid and it was not thought out. If she had thought it out, she would have considered the consequences. Now I admitted after seeing that she had referred to another black person as an ape, that it likely was blatant racism. But it is splitting hairs when you consider the response was going to be the same either way.

100% agree on the left vs right comment.

I can't disagree with this.....at all

I actually DO disagree with it. There are people who want to hear from people on the other side and engage in meaningful, intelligent discussions with them. This happens with some frequency in certain places.

I actually DO disagree with it. There are people who want to hear from people on the other side and engage in meaningful, intelligent discussions with them. This happens with some frequency in certain places.
Not on social media which is where all of this sh!t went down. People that generally have things of value to say aren't blowhards on social media. No matter what their political ideologies are.

I believe in calling people out directly. I don't mind having disagreements so you can call me out.

I agree with the majority of your post. Whether it was blatant racism or racially insensitive is not something that can be proven either way. Though I think we can agree that it was dumb, it was stupid and it was not thought out. If she had thought it out, she would have considered the consequences. Now I admitted after seeing that she had referred to another black person as an ape, that it likely was blatant racism. But it is splitting hairs when you consider the response was going to be the same either way.

100% agree on the left vs right comment.

I think she thought it out.

I think she thought it pretty f'ing funny.

Why else would she even type it up.. hit send?

*Edit- If you were the only one who called it this, then yes.. I am talking to you.
I thought (after 5 pages?) that a few posters had called it insensitive.

About Roseanne? Whatevs.
I'm surprised this wasn't the straw that got everyone to agree that an incident was racist AML. I've apparently given some people more credit than they deserve.
Again you have certain folks that are always gonna follow tight to their politics. Right , wrong , or indifferent.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think she thought it out.

I think she thought it pretty f'ing funny.

Why else would she even type it up?

*Edit- If you were the only one who called it this, then yes.. I am talking to you.
I thought (after 5 pages?) that a few posters had called it insensitive.
Well, if she thought it out and really thought it was funny, I think that would support the notion that it was more dumb and insensitive than blatantly racist. Unless she is a blatant racist of course. She could be. I don't think it was well thought out, like most of her weird overnight tweets. She might have thought it was funny or clever at that moment when she posted it. But probably regretted it the next day.

Well, if she thought it out and really thought it was funny, I think that would support the notion that it was more dumb and insensitive than blatantly racist. Unless she is a blatant racist of course. She could be. I don't think it was well thought out, like most of her weird overnight tweets. She might have thought it was funny or clever at that moment when she posted it. But probably regretted it the next day.

Been there, done that.

Again you have certain folks that are always gonna follow tight to their politics. Right , wrong , or indifferent.
Racism shouldn't be political. Shame on the left for throwing around accusations of racism haphazardly, but it seems a way, way bigger shame to have bought into denying every allegation of racism from the word go.

Why didn't you say it a week ago, when it happened?

Seems a bit suspicious that you're only bringing it up now, in a thread about Roseanne and her racist tweet where you're downplaying the seriousness of it.
I wasn’t on much last week when the incident happened. When I saw the Rossanne racist thread it reminded me of it.
I don’t believe I’ve downplayed either incident. I believe I’ve stated that BOTH look like asses from it.
Care to give your opinion on the Kendrick incident?

I said that we didn't know she made the comment because VJ was black. I never denied the racist nature of the comment. Christ. I give up. Have a nice day.
How could you not deny the racist nature of the tweet if you don't know whether VJ's race had anything to do w/ it?

Reactions: Matt Laurer
I wasn’t on much last week when the incident happened. When I saw the Rossanne racist thread it reminded me of it.
I don’t believe I’ve downplayed either incident.
Your first post ITT: "Way too harsh & blown way out of proportion."
Second: "True but it’s amazing that entertainers have said much worse about Trump with no backlash at all."
Third: "So could they just not fine her a paycheck? Why punish the whole cast that changed their lives to come back & reboot the show."
That's downplaying, deflecting, and both, respectively.

Care to give your opinion on the Kendrick incident?
No. It's a distraction and it shouldn't have come up in this thread in the first place.

Second: "True but it’s amazing that entertainers have said much worse about Trump with no backlash at all."
Third: "So could they just not fine her a paycheck? Why punish the whole cast that changed their lives to come back & reboot the show."

No. It's a distraction and it shouldn't have come up in this thread in the first place.
So you can discuss white people doing racist acts but won’t give an opinion on black people doing racist acts, that about sum it up?

Racism shouldn't be political. Shame on the left for throwing around accusations of racism haphazardly, but it seems a way, way bigger shame to have bought into denying every allegation of racism from the word go.
Welp to some degree it has become that way. It's the old "boy who cried wolf" logic.

Canceling The entire show was way too harsh. You punishing the cast & crew over one person’s actions. A big ass fine or lost paychecks would’ve been plenty.

So you can discuss white people doing racist acts but won’t give an opinion on black people doing racist acts, that about sum it up?
Not even close. I just told you exactly why.

And next time you're inclined to whine about the race card, choke on that hypocrisy instead.

Canceling The entire show was way too harsh. You punishing the cast & crew over one person’s actions. A big ass fine or lost paychecks would’ve been plenty.
How, exactly, does the show "Roseanne" continue without Roseanne? Did you cry about how the other Dixie Chicks suffered b/c one of them said something mean about the President? That's your angle?

Not even close. I just told you exactly why.

And next time you're inclined to whine about the race card, choke on that hypocrisy instead.
Whine about the race card? I’ve gave my opinion on both.
Guess it’s telling that you only gave yours about one. Very telling.

How, exactly, does the show "Roseanne" continue without Roseanne? Did you cry about how the other Dixie Chicks suffered b/c one of them said something mean about the President? That's your angle?
Where did I say to have the show without her? I said fine her some paychecks... pay attention.
Have no idea about anything the Dixie Chicks did.

Whine about the race card? I’ve gave my opinion on both.
Guess it’s telling that you only gave yours about one. Very telling.
What's telling is that I T-O-L-D you why.

Me: Why are you bringing up this completely separate incident instead of addressing this one?
You: Care to share your opinion on the completely separate incident?
o_O

What's telling is that I T-O-L-D you why.

Me: Why are you bringing up this completely separate incident instead of addressing this one?
You: Care to share your opinion on the completely separate incident?
o_O
I’ve shared my damn opinion on Roseanne over & over & over.
Keep dodging my question

I would consider it rare. I liken it to arguing minute details within statements instead of just calling it how it is. There are a handful of posters that don't mind calling things as they are, even if its against their political viewpoint. I think thats called being objective. Then we have others that like to dance a little or not comment when it hurts their case. Right and left hardliners are a huge problem and rarely are the solution to any meaningful problem.

I’ve shared my damn opinion on Roseanne over & over & over.
Keep dodging my question
I've answered your question: I have told you in no uncertain terms that it is an invalid, deflective question and I will not dignify or respect an agenda-driven, bullcr*p question with an answer.

Hard to continue a show that's named after her. What are they going to do, rename the show " The show that no longer has Roseanne?"

What racist act did Kendrick do?
Brought a white college girl on stage to sing one of his songs, then stopped the song, called her out for singing it EXACTLY AS HE WROTE IT & said she needs to bleep out the n word.
It didn’t bother him to write it, record it or make millions of it but it upsets him to hear a drunk white girl sing it????

ADVERTISEMENT