ADVERTISEMENT

Rosanne Lamar Bee Left/Right Slugjam

If my party has elected "Hollywood-types" and "entertainers" it would be best not to ever tell anyone from that profession to shut up or stick to their profession ever again. Again, just making a hypocritical observation.

Becuase there was no reason to make this political until you wanted to bash conservatives. You liked my original post calling her out, even.

Didn't someone bring up "liberals" in this post before my post? Now who was that?

Reactions: KisteK
Politics aside, I don't think the show is popular because the character supported Trump but because it was more of a real take on working middle class life in America.

And while it makes me cringe to see politicos playing the Roseanne = Trump card, the show was popular for the same reason Trump won the election.

A lot of peope quite frankly don't give a shit if they have unrefined views or had an offensive opinion. And that's why they relate.

Nowhere in that tweet is there anything that goes against what I have been saying. I think it was absolutely wrong. But it is wrong for what it is. Being a stupid, thoughtless and racially insensitive joke. Not calling black people monkeys.

You don't believe that for one second. But let's just agree to agree on the things we'll admit to: it was a stupid, thoughtless, and racially insensitive joke.

Now about your disdain for the Oxford comma...

Reactions: TheDude1
Politics aside, I don't think the show is popular because the character supported Trump but because it was more of a real take on working middle class life in America.

And while it makes me cringe to see politicos playing the Roseanne = Trump card, the show was popular for the same reason Trump won the election.

A lot of peope quite frankly don't give a shit if they have unrefined views or had an offensive opinion. And that's why they relate.

Until they are on the other end of said offensive opinion and unrefined views.

Don't joke about Sarah Huckabee's eye makeup, now!

Reactions: bkingUK
Only on rivals can we all agree about something only for it to turn into us taking sides about something that shouldn’t even come close to political. Off-season!!
Just shows that with some people, it has to be 100% or it is just the same as zero. I guess by contributing, it makes us all guilty. But hey, I had to take the day off while they cut my wall and floor out to fix some plumbing. What better way to spend the day.

Just shows that with some people, it has to be 100% or it is just the same as zero. I guess by contributing, it makes us all guilty. But hey, I had to take the day off while they cut my wall and floor out to fix some plumbing. What better way to spend the day.
Yup, guilty by association. It does suck even when you try to agree with the other side, they want more than you’re willing to give.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Only on rivals can we all agree about something only for it to turn into us taking sides about something that shouldn’t even come close to political. Off-season!!

C'mon @JimboBBN you're cool, but when SNU mentioned liberals, you didn't correct him. I mentioned conservatives and then you speak up and say it's uncalled for. Call it out when it happens the first time. We were good with keeping it on Roseanne until some brought up Keith Olbermann and Kendrick Lamar. You can't let one attack ride and then want to play peacemaker when the other side retaliates.

Don't joke about Sarah Huckabee's eye makeup, now!
MgtuAZQ.gif

Reactions: Quavarius
C'mon @JimboBBN you're cool, but when SNU mentioned liberals, you didn't correct him. I mentioned conservatives and then you speak up and say it's uncalled for. Call it out when it happens the first time. We were good with keeping it on Roseanne until some brought up Keith Olbermann and Kendrick Lamar. You can't let one attack ride and then want to play peacemaker when the other side retaliates.
I wasn’t trying to call anyone out. I’m as guilty as anyone when it comes to taking shots.

You know I appreciate you as a poster, Q. And you are right, I can be hypocritical at times.

Yep, that's the gist of it. Disney fires Roseanne, but just hired Keith Olberman who is a bigoted nutjob and has made dozens upon dozens of hateful public statements.

I really don't care that Roseanne was cancelled, it's the in your face blatant double standards and hypocrisy that makes people mad and is just another reason why Trump won. People are tried of two sets of rules. One for liberals and one for everyone else when it comes to stuff like this.

If a conservative comedian personally ripped a woman press secretary under Obama the way Wolfe did to Sanders, that person would have been run out of the country, their family threatened, and their career would be over.

Yup. Olbermann is an absolute douchebag. He said terrible shit constantly about the president. Yet, here he is, still with a job. At the worst it just seems like it’s totally inconsistent with punishment for this type of stuff. Some get the ax, some don’t on both sides.

I trolled him on twitter once and we went back and forth for about 5 responses each. He’s pretty easy to trigger.

Reactions: SNU0821
Yep, that's the gist of it. Disney fires Roseanne, but just hired Keith Olberman who is a bigoted nutjob and has made dozens upon dozens of hateful public statements.

I really don't care that Roseanne was cancelled, it's the in your face blatant double standards and hypocrisy that makes people mad and is just another reason why Trump won. People are tried of two sets of rules. One for liberals and one for everyone else when it comes to stuff like this.

If a conservative comedian personally ripped a woman press secretary under Obama the way Wolfe did to Sanders, that person would have been run out of the country, their family threatened, and their career would be over.

Bruh, Republicans own the entire country politically, you have talk radio, Fox News, Sinclaire Broadcasting, etc. Most of the NFL owners are Republicans or supported Trump. What two sets of rules? Basically, the entire country is yours and that's still not enough.

Also, if a conservative comedian made a joke AT A ROAST about an Obama official's makeup and liberals complained about it, we would be called snowflakes or PC. You do know the people at a roast usually gets roasted, right?

Bruh, Republicans own the entire country politically, you have talk radio, Fox News, Sinclaire Broadcasting, etc. Most of the NFL owners are Republicans or supported Trump. What two sets of rules? Basically, the entire country is yours and that's still not enough.

Also, if a conservative comedian made a joke AT A ROAST about an Obama official's makeup and liberals complained about it, we would be called snowflakes or PC. You do know the people at a roast usually gets roasted, right?
Wow. A whole lot of trickery going on in this post.

The delusion in this post is sad.

The Correspondents dinner isn't a ****ing comedy central roast first of all. Wolfe brought it to a whole new level. The hatred you saw in her eyes, how personal she made her attacks...was just something never seen before.

The delusion in this post is sad.

The Correspondents dinner isn't a ****ing comedy central roast first of all. Wolfe brought it to a whole new level. The hatred you saw in her eyes, how personal she made her attacks...was just something never seen before.

It's a roast. Past Presidents have done it, except for the thin skinned one.

Man. I'm not sure Q is going to survive the next six years of Trumps presidency if he gets this rustled over an f'ing Roseanne tweet. Yeeeeeeeesh.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
You all lost me with "racially insensitive".

That tweet was racist.

It was not "dumb" or "stupid" or "poorly thought out"; it was, however, informative.

This Left vs Right shit makes people look stupid af.
And I know how that'll go...
Idiots hate being called idiots.

If you have something to say, say it.
Why didn't you say it a week ago, when it happened?

Seems a bit suspicious that you're only bringing it up now, in a thread about Roseanne and her racist tweet where you're downplaying the seriousness of it.

You all lost me with "racially insensitive".

That tweet was racist.

It was not "dumb" or "stupid" or "poorly thought out"; it was, however, informative.

This Left vs Right shit makes people look stupid af.
And I know how that'll go...
Idiots hate being called idiots.
Yea I was late to the party on this today. But after hearing it.... WTF was Roseanne expecting?

It’s remarkable you’re unwilling to call for personal accountability for countless other issues that typically relate to liberal issues. Weird? Not really...
He got the drop on you here for using the other side's buzzwords against them. Look for an opportunity to mock liberals with references to institutionalization... or something.

Man. I'm not sure Q is going to survive the next six years of Trumps presidency if he gets this rustled over an f'ing Roseanne tweet. Yeeeeeeeesh.

I'm not sure Trump is going to survive the next six months! Lots of people associated with him have been indicted. Yeeeeeeesh

A roast awards the recipients an opportunity to return jabs. That was just a rude woman spitting venom.

You know everyone in the room was made fun of right? Usually, the President returns the jabs, but he skipped because of his thin skin.

Oh that's right, y'all skipped the Nerd Prom from 2009-2016 and didn't know how it operated. Cause some of y'all have acted like you've never heard of it or what actually happens there.

ADVERTISEMENT