ADVERTISEMENT

Rosanne Lamar Bee Left/Right Slugjam

KYtotheCore

Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
Was always just a casual fan in the past, and had seen a couple of the new episodes. It was refreshing to see some lobs back over the net from a republican standpoint for a change. The offending tweet she sent out was pretty pointed and personal.

Do you think cancelling it was on point or too harsh?

Seems unfair for the rest of the cast---but just like Kathy Griffin & Kaep, you have the freedom to say and do whatever you want in this country, but don't expect it to come without consequences---esp if you embarrass the ones cutting you the checks.

I do think it sucks for everyone else involved. But words have consequences and people should know better. It would be very easy to point out hypocrisies, but it would be a waste of time. More power to her for making no excuses and telling people not to defend her. It's nice to see someone hold themselves accountable for their own mistakes.

Luckily, she'll land at Fox and her show will continue unless all of the other networks ban together to keep her off TV for good.

Reactions: bkingUK
True but it’s amazing that entertainers have said much worse about Trump with no backlash at all.
Like I said, it would be so easy to point out hypocrisies. But why bother. Q already showing what kind of waste of time that would be. We're talking about a network that literally just hired Keith Olbermann. But, she said something dumb that was so easy to say it was racist. Kind of made her own bed there.

That happened yesterday, get with the program bub.

Like I said, it would be so easy to point out hypocrisies. But why bother. Q already showing what kind of waste of time that would be. We're talking about a network that literally just hired Keith Olbermann. But, she said something dumb that was so easy to say it was racist. Kind of made her own bed there.

You're not talking about hypocrisies but then tried to compare Roseanne to Keith Olbermann. What's next? You gonna compare Bill Mahr to Donald Trump? Mahr for Prez!

Seems unfair for the rest of the cast---but just like Kathy Griffin & Kaep, you have the freedom to say and do whatever you want in this country, but don't expect it to come without consequences---esp if you embarrass the ones cutting you the checks.
Just like the NFL. You’re free to say/do what you want as that’s your right. What you don’t get to do is dictate how an employer views said actions/words especially if they cost the employer money.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yup. Olbermann is an absolute douchebag. He said terrible shit constantly about the president. Yet, here he is, still with a job. At the worst it just seems like it’s totally inconsistent with punishment for this type of stuff. Some get the ax, some don’t on both sides.

You're not talking about hypocrisies but then tried to compare Roseanne to Keith Olbermann. What's next? You gonna compare Bill Mahr to Donald Trump? Mahr for Prez!
Roseanne has been dropped from every network that plays reruns and has been condemned by Fox. Instead of acknowledging that EVERYONE has been proactive in condemning her comments, you make the standard Q assumptions that Fox will pick her up. It shows that nothing can be done to satisfy your desires.

Roseanne has been dropped from every network that plays reruns and has been condemned by Fox. Instead of acknowledging that EVERYONE has been proactive in condemning her comments, you make the standard Q assumptions that Fox will pick her up. It shows that nothing can be done to satisfy your desires.

Desires? Bahahaha. You really think Roseanne will never be played again? Mind you, this isn't the FIRST racist thing she's done or said and yet she was in syndication with a reboot. You clearly don't understand how this works! This is the first racist thing she's done that has come with consequences. I'm sure she's free to sing the National Anthem, again. Ok, I'm a chill

Cancelling was fine. Not only was her tweet pretty bad, but they were going to get absolutely hammered over it. Good business decision in the end, and good personal decision as well.

BTW, Barr is NUTS. Like, she's always been known for having mental issues, but she has gone straight up crazy. Not only is she buying into the MOST ridiculous stuff that no sane person buys into (Pizzagate? Seriously? George Soros was a Nazi? Come on now...) but also the complete torpedoing of her own career...? Substance abuse issue?

As I mentioned earlier, heard her on Stern, and while nutty, she wasn't that bad.

Too bad that a "conservative" show had to take the hit... always good to have some diversity.

Remember when she grabbed her crotch during the anthem and conservatives went nuts? Funny that, now that she is some crazy version of a far right nutjob, she is a hero for some of them:)

She dug her own grave. Regardless of intent it was very stupid of her to say. I feel for the other actors on the show.

Don't feel for the actors in the show. They've also come against her remarks as well. Hold
On

So could they just not fine her a paycheck? Why punish the whole cast that changed their lives to come back & reboot the show.
It’s unfortunate and maybe a bit of an overreaction. But just like the NFL with Kaep, ABC feels it needs to do this with its brand. I’d be willing to bet the majority of people who watch abc programming would be upset by her comments and keeping her around.

I do think it sucks for everyone else involved. But words have consequences and people should know better. It would be very easy to point out hypocrisies, but it would be a waste of time. More power to her for making no excuses and telling people not to defend her. It's nice to see someone hold themselves accountable for their own mistakes.

Yeah... then she went crazy and made excuses and started retweeting people who are defending her.

Someone needs to take her iPhone away, and disconnect her from the internet for a while so she can take a breath.

Yeah... then she went crazy and made excuses and started retweeting people who are defending her.

Someone needs to take her iPhone away, and disconnect her from the internet for a while so she can take a breath.
Yeah, I saw where she said not to defend her. But looks like she's backpedaling. She should definitely take a break.

Cancelling was fine. Not only was her tweet pretty bad, but they were going to get absolutely hammered over it. Good business decision in the end, and good personal decision as well.

BTW, Barr is NUTS. Like, she's always been known for having mental issues, but she has gone straight up crazy. Not only is she buying into the MOST ridiculous stuff that no sane person buys into (Pizzagate? Seriously? George Soros was a Nazi? Come on now...) but also the complete torpedoing of her own career...? Substance abuse issue?

As I mentioned earlier, heard her on Stern, and while nutty, she wasn't that bad.

Too bad that a "conservative" show had to take the hit... always good to have some diversity.

Remember when she grabbed her crotch during the anthem and conservatives went nuts? Funny that, now that she is some crazy version of a far right nutjob, she is a hero for some of them:)
Doesn't matter if she leans left or right, she's an idiot.

Luckily, she'll land at Fox and her show will continue unless all of the other networks ban together to keep her off TV for good.

Not fair to the rest of the cast but it wouldn’t surprise me if Fox or another network picks them up.

Yeah, I saw where she said not to defend her. But looks like she's backpedaling. She should definitely take a break.

For sure.

As much as I think she is nuts, this CANNOT be easy for anyone. Can you f'ing imagine, the ENTIRE world talking about you...? And, thanks to social media, commenting DIRECTLY to you? It's hard enough to ignore meaningless nonsense on this forum with, like, 15 people... can you IMAGINE what it's like to have literally tens of millions of people discussing you and attacking you and defending you and all of this?

It must be totally overwhelming. Like... completely.

Thought they had renewed it for a second season after the first episode
They did, for 9 more episodes. It would have been easy to just kill her off.
Because they are not defending her or her comments. It's obvious affecting you more than the other actors. You did read their tweets, right?

So why not feel bad for them? They obviously don't agree with her comments and had nothing to do with them. But now they are out of a job. I am confused by your line of thinking here. If they defended her, I would agree with you.

Not fair to the rest of the cast but it wouldn’t surprise me if Fox or another network picks them up.

I don't see the other actors doing the show.

My guess is she does pick up a show of some sort on Fox or something, but even they might hesitate to give her anything for at least a little while.

Amazing that nobody brought up Kendrick Lamar bringing up a white girl on stage to sing a song. A song he wrote that has the N word numerous time.
He then stopped the show to embarrass her for saying the N word while she sang his song. He actually asked her to bleep that word out while she sang.

Amazing that nobody brought up Kendrick Lamar bringing up a white girl on stage to sing a song. A song he wrote that has the N word numerous time.
He then stopped the show to embarrass her for saying the N word while she sang his song. He actually asked her to bleep that word out while she sang.

I heard about that but I can’t get mad at her. He new the song had those type of lyrics in it and I guess she was in the moment. Had he brought up a black girl would it been right? I don’t know but I don’t like that word no matter who says it.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
They did, for 9 more episodes. It would have been easy to just kill her off.

So why not feel bad for them? They obviously don't agree with her comments and had nothing to do with them. But now they are out of a job. I am confused by your line of thinking here. If they defended her, I would agree with you.

I'm not feeling sorry for them because they aren't feeling sorry for themselves. Stop trying to make this about them or me. Yeah it sucks they lost a job, but I'm sure they're not surprised working with a controversial star that they were walking on egg shells (Roseanne was nearly cancelled the first time around). Most of them have second jobs anyway as this wasn't their bread and butter and are making money through syndication. Luckily, they will be able to be re-hired and can distance themselves from her. But this is all about Roseanne!

ADVERTISEMENT