ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Period

I feel like we should know more about this. Did you ever go into detail in a thread about it? It really should be a bigger deal, imo. Two of the board’s more popular characters getting together and all.

Our wives were present during everything.

@Bert Higginbotha

It'd be fun to record it. Maybe next time.

Last edited:
lock.png

All the afore mentioned recruits...

Top 30 5* consensus Will Baker reached out to Louisville for an offer. Not sure what that means but he was the one who contacted the staff. Who knows. Could get interesting. Haven’t seen him play and have my eyes set on Aidan Igiehon so I’m not sure how I feel haha

Top 30 5* consensus Will Baker reached out to Louisville for an offer. Not sure what that means but he was the one who contacted the staff. Who knows. Could get interesting. Haven’t seen him play and have my eyes set on Aidan Igiehon so I’m not sure how I feel haha
time to go look at some highlights
i would think UL should get some top 50 players simply due to the fact that playing time will not be an issue
a lot of kids want plying time as a freshman
that is also one of the reasons i think Pitino struggled landing top recruits
i like Mack he seems like a really good person

Dontaie Allen is starting his unofficial visit at UK today

he committed to UK today
kid is a 40% 3 point shooter
great in-state pick-up for UK

There isn't many times where you see a top player come from Kentucky. I've always wondered why that is with how big the state is with basketball? Both the state of Indiana and Kentucky are similar when it comes to passion , but its night and day difference when it comes to high school talent.

4 Nike schools. Mac Irvin brothers. Sums it up. Oregon hasn’t even been heard of the entire recruitment.
Oregon offered him Aug last year, and visited him in Sept 17. But yeah, since UK has been in the picture, everyone else has fallen out.

Everyone that isn't Nike. If Kentucky was adidas, they wouldn't be on the list.
Isn't FSU Nike?

Also, He's on record as saying UK has been his dream school for a long time.

Recruiting will certainly pick up for Whitney over the next few seasons as college coaches start to place more of a priority on rising sophomore prospects this summer. Although Whitney has already earned some interest from some great programs, he already has a dream school in mind.

"I want to go to Kentucky," Whitney said. "I hope to get an offer from them if I blow up [this summer].

"I like Coach Calipari. He's a great coach. You can display your talent at the highest level and I just love the atmosphere there for games."- May 09, 2016

EDIT: He also had this to say recently about UL fwiw:

“Louisville is another school who has been recruiting me for a long time. Coach Luke Murray and Chris Mack have been making me a priority by telling me I’m their number one guy right now. I feel like it’s a great fit for me with me being able to go there, play right away and display my talent.” - Aug 01, 2018

Last edited:
Willis ended up being a really solid contributor his senior year and even his junior year as well. It was honestly refreshing to see a kid learn the ropes in years one and two and then be successful the following seasons. I would take another Willis in a heartbeat.
Come on bro, Dom Hawkins and Derek Willis were marginal basketball players just like Josh Hairston and Tyler Thornton were for Duke.

Lets not pretend these guys were like Quinn Cook or Patrick Patterson.

Not you but I feel like some UK fans clamor for in-state recruits even if they're not up to Kentucky standards.

Come on bro, Dom Hawkins and Derek Willis were marginal basketball players just like Josh Hairston and Tyler Thornton were for Duke.

Not you but I feel like some UK fans clamor for in-state recruits even if they're not up to Kentucky standards.

That's absolutely true. State pride is a hell of a thing. I think most (of those you're referring), want some on a team with the superstars.

EDIT: Do Duke fans care about having in state recruits?

Last edited:

All I said was he ended up being a solid player for us. Hit some big shots and played well in some big games. Never mentioned he would be a star or go to guy like Patterson. Nothing wrong with my post.

Dom Hawkins shut down Stauskus in the second half of an elite 8 game. Which is more than the other 3 guys did.

Dom Hawkins shut down Stauskus in the second half of an elite 8 game. Which is more than the other 3 guys did.
Tyler Thornton made a 3 to beat Kansas in a preseason tournament. Suck it.

Reactions: RR30
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT