ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Period

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville
So today is day 4 of 5 for the 1st evaluation period in July.

Have seen a few breakouts so far:
CJ Walker, who is currently Top 60-70 has supposedly broken out.

Top 40 (for sure to rise) Rocket Watts is averaging the most points and assists (as of yesterday) at the Peach Jam. Today, he dropped 43 on 16-24 shooting with 8-14 3pt.

Have also seen where a lot of people think that Cole Anthony is the best player in the country and it isn’t close. I’m not sure on that, but whether he’s 1 or 2, the kid is absolutely unreal and if he can, he should go straight to the NBA.

Also another breakout has been Drew Timme. He’s a top 50 guy right now but has been a monster.

What have you guys heard?

Anthony, Wiseman and Carey are the cream of the crop and from all reports have not disappointed

D. Allen from Kentucky has been nothing short of impressive

Anthony, Wiseman and Carey are the cream of the crop and from all reports have not disappointed

Oh yeah forgot about him. He'll skyrocket into the Top 100 easily imo.

Reactions: mebeblue2
2020 PF/C Dain Dainja (sweet name BTW) has been playing very well in the UA finals. He plays with Jalen Suggs and is leading the team in scoring. Kid has great handles for a 6'8 250lbs big man and has really good footwork as well. He's ranked just outside the top 100 in the 247 Composite rankings and I would expect him to keep rising.

Reactions: KisteK
Oh yeah forgot about him. He'll skyrocket into the Top 100 easily imo.

Rivals moved him up from outside the top 150 to #46
UL offered him yesterday (i think it was yesterday)
he is going to visit UK on Aug.1st

Rivals moved him up from outside the top 150 to #46
UL offered him yesterday (i think it was yesterday)
he is going to visit UK on Aug.1st
I have a feeling that this will be Willis 2.0, Calipari will sign him mainly to spite Louisville’s coaching staff. Had Duke not up their recruiting, Willis would’ve never played.

I have a feeling that this will be Willis 2.0, Calipari will sign him mainly to spite Louisville’s coaching staff. Had Duke not up their recruiting, Willis would’ve never played.
Loved Willis but if he had worked all four years like he did the last year and a half he would have done much better in Lexington. I think he was a little bit emo though and was wrapped up in a piece of tail

Reactions: Montana81

much closer to D. Miller who was a very important piece to our championship

by the time Willis made it to college his ranking had dropped a lot
Allen's ranking is and i think will continue to go up

you still seem #rustled over Willis picking UK

Loved Willis but if he had worked all four years like he did the last year and a half he would have done much better in Lexington. I think he was a little bit emo though and was wrapped up in a piece of tail
much closer to D. Miller who was a very important piece to our championship

by the time Willis made it to college his ranking had dropped a lot
Allen's ranking is and i think will continue to go up

you still seem #rustled over Willis picking UK
not rustled at all, he didn’t have much of a college career imo...and Darius Miller was a Gillispie recruit, don’t move the goalposts on me.

Reactions: Quavarius
Willis ended up being a really solid contributor his senior year and even his junior year as well. It was honestly refreshing to see a kid learn the ropes in years one and two and then be successful the following seasons. I would take another Willis in a heartbeat.

Willis ended up being a really solid contributor his senior year and even his junior year as well. It was honestly refreshing to see a kid learn the ropes in years one and two and then be successful the following seasons. I would take another Willis in a heartbeat.
I don’t think that you know what I was meaning, if Kentucky could’ve continued getting all of the elite of the elite, Willis would’ve never played. Duke changed some of that.

No I gotcha, I was just saying I’m glad the kid played for us. He would have done well at Louisville as well.

It is nice having a Kentucky kid on the roster. We recruit at such a high level, not many Kentucky players can get a chance. Willis, Miller, Hawkins, and maybe Allen will always be fan favorites for UK fans.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I don’t think that you know what I was meaning, if Kentucky could’ve continued getting all of the elite of the elite, Willis would’ve never played. Duke changed some of that.

Willis earned a starting spot because he outplayed a freshman Wenyen Gabriel, a 5* Top 20 player who chose UK over Duke.

That kid played because he earned it. Period.

Willis earned a starting spot because he outplayed a freshman Wenyen Gabriel, a 5* Top 20 player who chose UK over Duke.

That kid played because he earned it. Period.
No, Calipari settled for Gabriel because Duke was signing who Kentucky wanted.

Willie Cauley-Stein developed pretty nicely.
Other than getting naturally stronger, how? He was always long and athletic, he didn’t become an offensive threat while in college...in fact, he was basically only good for lobs and putbacks.

I've heard Carey's motor is questionable and sometimes he is flat out lazy but he has all the tools to dominate if/when he puts the effort in.

Anthony is a stud, no one will know what he is doing until late Spring.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You gotta admit, the Liggins, Miller, and Harrelson type of development, hasn’t happened since they left.

SGA ring a bell

also, how many players has Cal had at UK like the ones you mentioned

Last edited:
I've heard Carey's motor is questionable and sometimes he is flat out lazy but he has all the tools to dominate if/when he puts the effort in.

Anthony is a stud, no one will know what he is doing until late Spring.

i pay zero attention when they say a kid has a questionable motor (about half the kids get tagged with that)

i pay zero attention when they say a kid has a questionable motor (about half the kids get tagged with that)
I do when i hear it from multiple trusted sources but it was all one tournament in particular so it could have just been a bad weekend for him.

I do when i hear it from multiple trusted sources but it was all one tournament in particular so it could have just been a bad weekend for him.
I was under the impression Carey is near a Duke lock. People I talk to are saying him and Anthony are headlining the Duke class.

I forgot his name, but the guy that went to Pitt, his leaving isn't slowing down Duke at all.

SGA ring a bell

also, how many players has Cal had at UK like the ones you mentioned
Not as loud as Nick Richards, that kid was better last summer than he was in the spring. Amirite? Labissiere, Lee, etc...don’t give Cal credit and then make excuses, sometimes these guys are just going to make it no matter who coaches them.

I was under the impression Carey is near a Duke lock. People I talk to are saying him and Anthony are headlining the Duke class.

I forgot his name, but the guy that went to Pitt, his leaving isn't slowing down Duke at all.
I'm not sure who's saying Carey or Anthony are a Duke lock but they seem misinformed.

Not as loud as Nick Richards, that kid was better last summer than he was in the spring. Amirite? Labissiere, Lee, etc...don’t give Cal credit and then make excuses, sometimes these guys are just going to make it no matter who coaches them or what school they go to

Donovan Mitchel is proof of that

ADVERTISEMENT