ADVERTISEMENT

Recipes

I'll try out that chocolate chip cookie recipe, but that is waaaay too much work for chocolate chip cookies.

I've been making the best cookies in the world for about 3 years with a slightly modified version of https://savorysweetlife.com/alices-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe/. I've also done it with browned butter, which is good but not worth the extra time and effort (and getting the dough the right temperature for the perfect chewy/soft/crispy texture is a lot harder when starting with heated butter), Nutella, giant salt crystals on top (and not in the dough), etc... Can whip out a double batch in about 2 hours including baking time.

Some other recipes on my greatest hits list:

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

I'll try out that chocolate chip cookie recipe, but that is waaaay too much work for chocolate chip cookies.

I've been making the best cookies in the world for about 3 years with a slightly modified version of https://savorysweetlife.com/alices-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe/. I've also done it with browned butter, which is good but not worth the extra time and effort (and getting the dough the right temperature for the perfect chewy/soft/crispy texture is a lot harder when starting with heated butter), Nutella, giant salt crystals on top (and not in the dough), etc... Can whip out a double batch in about 2 hours including baking time.

Some other recipes on my greatest hits list:
It looks like more work than it is. Just have to wait a day before you come them. I'll have to try yours out soon.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
I know we're a bunch of manly men, but I love to cook and would love some insperation/ideas on something new.

Please share any of your favorites, we promise not to tell anyone you know.

Chili, BBQ rub, cakes, doesn't matter.
costco-rack-of-lamb.jpg

Since you're a man, I'll give you something easy that will impress:
Go to Costco and buy some French cut lamb chops.
Season with Rosemary, Thyme and sea salt.
Grill them to medium (2 minutes a side)
Serve
Edit:
Before grilling
Take a knife and cut the chops so one bone with each chop
1 Tea spoon of Rosemary (per rack)
1 Tea spoon of thyme (per rack)
salt to taste

Last edited:
costco-rack-of-lamb.jpg

Serve
Edit:
Before grilling
salt to taste
I actually like to use the meat left over from frenching the lamp chops.

I know we're a bunch of manly men, but I love to cook and would love some insperation/ideas on something new.

Please share any of your favorites, we promise not to tell anyone you know.

Chili, BBQ rub, cakes, doesn't matter.
Before every good meal you must have a 'manly' drink. I prefer a heavy 12 oz. glass full of ice. Pour good sippin' whisky in it. Let sit for 20 minutes. Then enjoy.

costco-rack-of-lamb.jpg

Serve
Edit:
Before grilling
salt to taste
Rack of lamb is my favored meat. Just don't grill it inside as the tallow stinks up the house.

Reactions: della
I make the best cocktails!

You put both, rum and coke in a glass and then drink.

My family made scotch, rum and whiskey over the last 500 years. So, the knowledge never really goes away.

Prohibition stopped my grandfather from making his whiskey (legal - distillery 67 in Kentucky). Then when they repealed prohibition the U.S. created Mammoth Cave National Park and took his spring, which ended the whiskey making. But the knowledge of how yeast and sugar work, just sent my uncles back to when the Higginbotham's made rum for the King of England in Barbados.

So, when they made sorghum molasses, they would take the skimming’s (burned top of the molasses that you push off – called by my uncles "black liquor") and put it in a barrel. Add some yeast and come back about a month later and you have rum. It was a little rough on the edges but it sure as hell was potent.

They also canned sweet corn. Rather than throw the cobs away they would put them in a barrel with some yeast and in a week, you would have “corn cob wine”. It would work on your mind.

I make the best cocktails!

You put both, rum and coke in a glass and then drink.

My family made scotch, rum and whiskey over the last 500 years. So, the knowledge never really goes away.

Prohibition stopped my grandfather from making his whiskey (legal - distillery 67 in Kentucky). Then when they repealed prohibition the U.S. created Mammoth Cave National Park and took his spring, which ended the whiskey making. But the knowledge of how yeast and sugar work, just sent my uncles back to when the Higginbotham's made rum for the King of England in Barbados.

So, when they made sorghum molasses, they would take the skimming’s (burned top of the molasses that you push off – called by my uncles "black liquor") and put it in a barrel. Add some yeast and come back about a month later and you have rum. It was a little rough on the edges but it sure as hell was potent.

They also canned sweet corn. Rather than throw the cobs away they would put them in a barrel with some yeast and in a week, you would have “corn cob wine”. It would work on your mind.

Damn I bet you have a bunch of crazy stories you've heard through your life! I know tequila gets all the glory for shots, and whiskey is king for everything else, but I've always preferred a good rum to anything else.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT