ADVERTISEMENT

Recipes

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
I know we're a bunch of manly men, but I love to cook and would love some insperation/ideas on something new.

Please share any of your favorites, we promise not to tell anyone you know.

Chili, BBQ rub, cakes, doesn't matter.

I think its gay if you don't know how to run your own kitchen/grill/smoker. Im a robust cooker. My spice cabinet is always stocked.

I make great ceviche. A solid cold pasta salad. And i'd put any smoked meat up against anyones else....sans brisket. ****ing suck at that. Also I've never perfected prime rib b/c you don't get many chances at it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Some people judge others simply by their chili recipes..

christina-aguilera-voice-return-10.gif

I make this awesome corn pudding. People absolutely love it.

2 cans sweet corn kernels (strained)
2 cans creamed corn
1 can green chiles (2 if you like it spicy)
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 cup sour cream
1 stick melted butter
2-3 eggs (depends on if you want it more like a pudding or a cake)
3/4 bag of shredded cheese (cheddar or pepperjack)
Hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together and pour in baking dish. Top with rest of shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

2 packages of cream cheese
1 package finely shredded cheese
1 package of ranch mix
Half a light beer (or PBR works good)

Dip pretzels into it. Delicious tailgate and party snack.

Reactions: SosaUK
One quart cream, one quart milk, one dozen tablespoons sugar, one pint brandy, ½ pint rye whiskey, ½ pint Jamaica rum, ¼ pint sherry—mix liquor first, then separate yolks and whites of 12 eggs, add sugar to beaten yolks, mix well. Add milk and cream, slowly beating. Beat whites of eggs until stiff and fold slowly into mixture. Let set in fridge for several days. Taste frequently.

2 packages of cream cheese
1 package finely shredded cheese
1 package of ranch mix
Half a light beer (or PBR works good)

Dip pretzels into it. Delicious tailgate and party snack.
Ever use the smoked raspberry chipotle sauce?

I think its gay if you don't know how to run your own kitchen/grill/smoker. Im a robust cooker. My spice cabinet is always stocked.

I make great ceviche. A solid cold pasta salad. And i'd put any smoked meat up against anyones else....sans brisket. ****ing suck at that. Also I've never perfected prime rib b/c you don't get many chances at it.

Ever use the smoked raspberry chipotle sauce?

No but I also didn’t run my own grill at the brewers tailgate Saturday

Reactions: toonces11
Chili says a lot about a person. There is nothing worse than bare bones chili makers....imho

like people who call cicadas "locusts".. best not correct them, just grin-cringe at their ignorance.
Just because they are green jumpy-flying insects, that doesn't make them "locusts"..

Just because you have a tomato base with beef chunks; that doesn't make it chili.

like people who call cicadas "locusts".. best not correct them, just grin-cringe at their ignorance.
Just because they are green jumpy-flying insects, that doesn't make them "locusts"..

Just because you have a tomato base with beef chunks; that doesn't make it chili.
You just described my dad and father in laws chili. Im one of 3 judges for the air national guards chili contest every year---about 30 entries. I cant believe how many people can **** up chili. The good news is they ask us to be pretty brutal so it makes it fun.

I make this awesome corn pudding. People absolutely love it.

2 cans sweet corn kernels (strained)
2 cans creamed corn
1 can green chiles (2 if you like it spicy)
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 cup sour cream
1 stick melted butter
2-3 eggs (depends on if you want it more like a pudding or a cake)
3/4 bag of shredded cheese (cheddar or pepperjack)
Hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together and pour in baking dish. Top with rest of shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Dang, trying this one!

Dang, trying this one!

You can obviously add things to make it even better. I've done bacon a few times and I even did lobster once for Thanksgiving. Lobster, bacon, and corn are a pretty amazing combination.

Reactions: npreston
Reactions: KisteK

TIL the phrase grin-cringe.

I grill stuff. That's about it. I generally use various dry rubs that I buy. The best ones come from Tybee Island but I only get down there every year or so. My favorite that is easy to find is a garlic sriracha one. I sometimes use olive oil with the rubs and sometimes do not. I've done my own marinades and stuff before but I find it isn't as much about the seasoning or marinade but more about how you cook it so focus on that more than what I put on it.

My favorite burger is one we make where we stuff it with cream cheese and jalapeno. May put pepper and kosher salt on it but not much more than that. Less is better in general when it comes to burgers. It is ridiculously good.

Outside of grilling I do not cook nor have any interest in learning how to.

I make the best cocktails!

You put both, rum and coke in a glass and then drink.
Rum? Don't you mean bourbon?

Nah, I cant do bourbon, unfortunately. My first experience 30 years ago with alcohol was a 5th of warm Jack. Needless to say, I drank from that hot bottle all night and had the worse hangover that even as of today, its still the worst I've ever had. Just the smell of it sets me off.

Nah, I cant do bourbon, unfortunately. My first experience 30 years ago with alcohol was a 5th of warm Jack. Needless to say, I drank from that hot bottle all night and had the worse hangover that even as of today, its still the worst I've ever had. Just the smell of it sets me off.
Bourbon is not for everyone.

Reactions: KisteK
Best Deer stir fry recipe.....

-Slice 2 - 3 LBS of deer into strips (steaks or backstraps)
-1/2 cup cooking oil
-1/2 cup soy sauce
-1 TBSP minced garlic (if you like garlic)
-2 small sliced or diced onions
-Pepper to taste
-1 tsp dry mustard
-Hot sauce of choice to taste
-1 to 2 TBSP Lemon Juice

Marinate 3- 4 days turning several times

Cook in hot skillet in its own juice, add sliced green and red peppers while cooking if desired.

Easy chicken and dumplings:

2 cans of Campbell's cream of chicken soup
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 small tube of Pillsbury biscuit dough
pepper

Cut up 3-4 chicken breasts into chunks
Using 'deep' frying pan, put chicken chunks in pan with 1 inch of water, boil until chicken is done
Reduce temp, add in 2 cans of Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup, stir
Add pepper according to personal taste
If consistency of liquid in pan appears to be runny, add a bit of flour to get to preferred consistency. If it appears too thick, add water until desired consistency is reached.
Open tube of biscuit dough, tear each biscuit into pieces and throw in to the pan with the rest.
Stir, place lid over pan with small opening for steam to escape. Let simmer 10-15 minutes.

Made some appetizers for the wifey yesterday
Grill mushrooms with coconut oil, garlic, rosemary rub

I have a question that's not about recipes, but it's equally gay: What kind of oil do you use for beard trimmer blades and where do you get replacement supplies?

I have a question that's not about recipes, but it's equally gay: What kind of oil do you use for beard trimmer blades and where do you get replacement supplies?
I use Wahl clipper oil, but you can actually use vegetable oil or olive oil for the trimmer. Just be sure not to use extra virgin olive oil.

ADVERTISEMENT