ADVERTISEMENT

Rebuilding Kentucky Basketball

They aren’t aau warriors or apart of some elite travel team that cal has connection to. Cal also needs to start signing better basketball players than just 5 star athletes. I will take a skilled player in the college game over a raw athlete every day. Cal recruits like Nba teams draft. All about potential for the future. The nana teams appreciate cals efforts though
The problem is - Cal can't coach up good basketball players. His offense revolves around being more athletic/faster/stronger and beating your man one on one.

Exhibit A - Grady. Teams finally stopped helping off him and he could no longer get a good look. A real coach would have ran some plays to get him shots. Instead, Cal appears clueless.

I can't find it now but one sports guy tweeted that 2 players haven't answered or talked with Cal when he did the radio show. That sounds like a good situation.

The problem is - Cal can't coach up good basketball players. His offense revolves around being more athletic/faster/stronger and beating your man one on one.

Exhibit A - Grady. Teams finally stopped helping off him and he could no longer get a good look. A real coach would have ran some plays to get him shots. Instead, Cal appears clueless.
Add----Elite PG to the list,. as well. And you're spot on with Grady....Teams figured him out----and it showed---And Cal had no answer. But then again, he did----Oscar. But , well.............

I have nowhere near the coaching ability of Cal, but this I do know---

If I'm tied, have the NPOY who has dominated all ****ing night, he's getting the god damn ball.

Dontaie Allen entered the portal. I could see him ending up at U of L now.
Id take a chance on him, but who knows if the staff feels the same way.

he came from a super small hometown right? Woukdnt suprise me to see him go to a smaller school to try and be the star but i obv have no insight.

Dontaie Allen entered the portal. I could see him ending up at U of L now.
Wish I could remember who kept arguing with me that allen deserved mr. Ky basketball over david johnson despite playing less than half his senior year, bc “allen is such a better prospect/player” instead of the real reason he won, bc he chose to go to UK.

Best news so far....

No more Checkerboard basketball uniforms. My fear is they will be a copy of the Arkansas uniforms but with the banging birds on the front jersey.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Best news so far....

No more Checkerboard basketball uniforms. My fear is they will be a copy of the Arkansas uniforms but with the banging birds on the front jersey.
Dang, was hoping for these.

FOp_aMiVgAY4YWY

Also, remember the thread about Oscar now getting NIL money? Turns out, he has done a few NIL deals or whatever, but he isn't actually getting any money yet. So that can't be used as a reason for him to stay.

Also, remember the thread about Oscar now getting NIL money? Turns out, he has done a few NIL deals or whatever, but he isn't actually getting any money yet. So that can't be used as a reason for him to stay.
His lawyers are confident that they can get this worked out. If they do, he will have access to what he ahas earned and he'll be able to get his mother out of the Congo and he will return to UK for a 2nd season.

That's a possibility. If he has to choose coming back and MAYBE getting money or leaving and getting guaranteed money it's an easier choice.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
But there is no guarantee he will get the money or when he will get it. Maybe he doesn't get it until after he leaves.

Student Visa laws are stupid... they are in the way of him accessing what he has currently earned. There is a workaround that his lawyers fell good about, so we'll have to see what becomes of it.

Sharpe's entered the draft, but hasn't signed an agent. Oscar hasn't put his name in the draft, yet.

It would take a helluva NIL deal for Sharpe to even consider coming back. He's going top 5. Oscar has a good one waiting on him, but as of now he has legal problem attaining it.

We will know in a week if Sharpe will be here next fall or not. I’m still believing he won’t. If he does, next season could get interesting

Can never have enough shooters/scorers. CJ is back and Oscar to rebound their misses. I'm getting a bit chubbed.

Kentucky is working fast on transfer Baylor Scheierman​

Mar 17, 2022; Buffalo, NY, USA; South Dakota State Jackrabbits guard Baylor Scheierman (3) drives against Providence Friars forward Justin Minaya (15) in the first half during the first round of the 2022 NCAA Tournament at KeyBank Center. Mandatory Credit: Mark Konezny-USA TODAY Sports

By Kyle Tucker
Apr 26, 2022

Kentucky has been mighty quiet in the transfer portal so far this spring — after adding the national player of the year, SEC assist leader and the league’s most accurate 3-point shooter from the portal last year — but now things are heating up. The Wildcats could be on the verge of making a huge splash. They’ve reached out to and should be very much in the mix for South Dakota State star Baylor Scheierman, the Summit League Player of the Year and No. 3 on The Athletic’s rank of best available players. He is the best fit for Kentucky’s specific needs as John Calipari searches for scoring and shooting on the wing to solidify the Cats as title contenders.
News broke of Scheierman’s plans to enter the portal late Monday afternoon, Kentucky assistant Orlando Antigua evaluated his film on Tuesday morning and before lunchtime was on the phone with Scheierman’s agent.

• Love
Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Kentucky is working fast on transfer Baylor Scheierman​

Mar 17, 2022; Buffalo, NY, USA; South Dakota State Jackrabbits guard Baylor Scheierman (3) drives against Providence Friars forward Justin Minaya (15) in the first half during the first round of the 2022 NCAA Tournament at KeyBank Center. Mandatory Credit: Mark Konezny-USA TODAY Sports

By Kyle Tucker
Apr 26, 2022

Kentucky has been mighty quiet in the transfer portal so far this spring — after adding the national player of the year, SEC assist leader and the league’s most accurate 3-point shooter from the portal last year — but now things are heating up. The Wildcats could be on the verge of making a huge splash. They’ve reached out to and should be very much in the mix for South Dakota State star Baylor Scheierman, the Summit League Player of the Year and No. 3 on The Athletic’s rank of best available players. He is the best fit for Kentucky’s specific needs as John Calipari searches for scoring and shooting on the wing to solidify the Cats as title contenders.
News broke of Scheierman’s plans to enter the portal late Monday afternoon, Kentucky assistant Orlando Antigua evaluated his film on Tuesday morning and before lunchtime was on the phone with Scheierman’s agent.
55322591.jpg

Cant see jefferson leaving his cushy announcing jobs. Hell some nfl head coaches have left to become announcers ie sean payton. That said yall can have him i dont dislike the guy but he annoys the ish outta me.

there was talk on our home board that rondo might be an assistant under kp, but obv no sources or anything.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT