ADVERTISEMENT

Random March Discussion: Your favorite teams to watch over the past 10 years?

Rhavicc

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
You can pick your own teams, you can pick your rival teams, you can pick any team. What are your favorite teams to watch over the past 10 years? Figured we could stir up some conversation to help the day breeze by!

2015 UK was a lot of fun to watch at times. As was AD and his 2012 team.

Other than my Cats, Carolina's 2009 team was a lot of fun.

I really loved watching the juggernaut UK teams (2010, 2012, and 2015), but outside of those three, I also loved watching 2009 Carolina and 2015 Wisconsin. That Wisconsin team was a monster on offense.

Reactions: KisteK
all the UK teams in that time frame and any other time frame
i also enjoyed that Florida Gulf Coast team a few years back and Nova when they cut the nets down (both times)

2009 Wake Forest
2010 Butler
2011 BYU/Ohio State
2012 Kansas
2013 Michigan/Indiana
2014 Wichita State
2015 Notre Dame/Gonzaga
2016 Oklahoma
2017 UCLA/Northwestern
2018 Texas A&M (I've been a fan of them from day 1)

2009 Wake Forest
2010 Butler
2011 BYU/Ohio State
2012 Kansas
2013 Michigan/Indiana
2014 Wichita State
2015 Notre Dame/Gonzaga
2016 Oklahoma
2017 UCLA/Northwestern
2018 Texas A&M (I've been a fan of them from day 1)

A lot of people didn't think 2014 Wichita State was legit. Tough team, played hard. Cleanthony Early was my favorite on that team. A lot of really good college players on that team, really.

Texas A&M is a fun team this year. Robert Williams is a freak of nature. Nobody should feel good if they have to face that frontcourt.

Reactions: dukedevilz
A lot of people didn't think 2014 Wichita State was legit. Tough team, played hard. Cleanthony Early was my favorite on that team. A lot of really good college players on that team, really.

Texas A&M is a fun team this year. Robert Williams is a freak of nature. Nobody should feel good if they have to face that frontcourt.

Super fun teams, indeed. Wichita State unfortunately got placed in an unusually difficult bracket in 2014. The 2013 FF team was very solid, but the 2014 team was better... And I love this A&M team. They're a little bit inconsistent at times, though. They epitomize, for me, the team that is capable of a 1st Round loss, or a run to the Final Four.

Super fun teams, indeed. Wichita State unfortunately got placed in an unusually difficult bracket in 2014. The 2013 FF team was very solid, but the 2014 team was better... And I love this A&M team. They're a little bit inconsistent at times, though. They epitomize, for me, the team that is capable of a 1st Round loss, or a run to the Final Four.

Agreed. That bracket in 2014 was a monster. Undefeated 1 seed Wichita State (Final Four in 2013), 4 seed Louisville (national champion the year before, #1 in KenPom in 2014), 2 seed Michigan (Final Four/runners-up the year before), and 8 seed Kentucky (which clearly was a way overpowered 8 seed being that they ran through all of those teams, and 2 seed Wisconsin in the Final Four).

Texas A&M is either really good or really bad. Not much in between.

Reactions: dukedevilz
This UM team has been a lot of fun to watch this year. Smart basketball and positive energy. Hope MAAR finishes well. Also really liked the Frank the Tank UW teams. I’m a fan of non one and done basketball.

-Besides all the UNC teams I was a Jodie Meeks fan whenever it was he was at UK.

-Wisconsin teams with Kaminski and Dekker.

-Beilein's teams are fun to watch on offense.

-Kind of random but I liked Clemson when Blossomgame was there.

-UT with Lofton.

-Evan Turner at OSU.

Mine are generally player related.

-I generally enjoy watching KU. I enjoy the style they play with.

Reactions: KisteK
2008 Curry passed the ball in the final seconds of the S16/E8 and I bet he wished he hadn't..

Loved Mario chalmers. Dude had the fastest hands. Stole anything near him.
My grandfather's best friend was an even older fart than Gramps, and mostly deaf. He used to call Chalmers "Slick Rick" because he stole "everything that wasn't nailed down". Mario had like 6 steals in his NBA rook season, this geezer called me to gab about it. Only time I'd ever talked to him without my grandfather being present. Loved that coot, lol.

Reactions: speedfrk
You know fellas---and ladies(Kistek), I enjoyed watching this years IU team. It was nerve wrecking, but when they finally started to "buy in", especially on defense, they were fun to watch. I'm really looking forward to the years to come under Miller.

Other teams: 2015 UK team. TBH, WCS. I loved watching that dude play. Same with 2012 UK. And same with MKG. That dude plaued every possession with a purpose.

2009 Illinois. And 2009 UNC. 2008 Kansas.

Lots of teams really.

Agree with Carolina last year. That Gamecock team was special. Thornwell, Dozier, Silva. They were aggressive and exciing.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT