ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions on Big 12 / SEC Challenge?

Didn’t LSU blow a 7 pt lead with 1 min to go? Shit happens.

EtArQIdXUAcojfu

EtApyfiW8AMpv0F

Transitive property doesn’t work in basketball.

What I learned from the challenge, was what I already knew it’s Gonzaga then Baylor then everybody else regardless of conference.

If they replayed these games today like the small conferences are doing, besides the obv mismatches, the others might do exactly opposite of what happened today. (Bet on Boise @ colorodo State on Thursday, they get blasted by 20. So Friday they replay and I bet colorodo state andddddd Boise wins by 8). I feel like this could easily happen if they made the challenger a 2 game back to back event.

But they don’t, so we have what we have.
I learned secs depth is much better than I realized and Oklahoma is better than I realized. After that game, which I expected bama to win, I figured the big12 would go ham on the sec sans the three cellar dwellers. But really Florida and Tennessee saved it for the sec. if the big 12 top 5 teams (minus) Texas all got a win that would have been a huge feather in the cap for the big12 imo. Had LSU not shit the bed the last minute and Alabama had been able to pull it out in Norman, beating 4/5 of the top big 12 teams in the challenge would have been a feather in the secs cap. Big 12 might be the best conference, but the difference isn’t as wide as some would believe. AP rankings are just eye candy. I’m not sure there’s too big of a gap between the 5th ranked team and the 25th. Or the 25th and the 45th.

Had auburn beaten Baylor, we’d all have committed suicide to escape the annoying auburn fans on here 😂

Also it’s a shame we won’t get to see Cunningham in the tourney over $300 an assistant gave a player to LEAVE okie state, not come/stay. They have a fun squad down there.

Imo Anyone can beat anyone this year. I thought teams like FSU and uva were playing as well as anyone, in a conference that isn’t top heavy at all, and they took Ls as well.

So the four worst SEC teams (not counting Kentucky) were not in this?
Mississippi
Vanderbilt
Georgia
South Carolina

10 teams compared to 14. Auburn has been left out of the challenge for the past couple of years so they were due. South Carolina has been in the previous years along with Vandy. Truthfully, no one GAS about the Mississippi schools and Georgia hasn’t given a damn about b-ball ever.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
10 teams compared to 14. Auburn has been left out of the challenge for the past couple of years so they were due. South Carolina has been in the previous years along with Vandy. Truthfully, no one GAS about the Mississippi schools and Georgia hasn’t given a damn about b-ball ever.
I get that, I’m just making a statement about the Kentucky basketball website pounding their chest about yesterday’s results. That’s a usual football move by them 😀

Congratulations @della and @GhostVol for an impressive win yesterday.
Thanks Rocky, coming from an astute basketball mind like yourself that is very special.

The score would have been a lot closer, but you can't rough up our only blueblood school and send them home crying and not expect it to go unavenged. 😎

Pretty much every game save UT/KU and Baylor/Auburn could have went either way.

I was honestly very impressed with Auburn. If they find a way to get their 3pt shooting on point they will be scary.

Reactions: cdbearde
Mississippi
Vanderbilt
Georgia
South Carolina
Yeah, well there were several years where it worked the other way. Two of Auburn's best teams didn't play in the challenge, but Vanderbilt, Ole Miss and Mississippi State did.
The BIG12 has fewer teams.

It shows you that there's not a big gap between any of the P6 conferences. Big 12 is still a good league but some people want to pretend the gap is the size of mountains instead of molehills.

It shows you that there's not a big gap between any of the P6 conferences. Big 12 is still a good league but some people want to pretend the gap is the size of mountains instead of molehills.
Certainly not the size of mountains, but I’ll take the top 5 of the B12 this season over pretty much any other conferences top 5 & not look back.

• Haha
Reactions: hawkit3113
Mississippi
Vanderbilt
Georgia
South Carolina
Imagine their record if you dropped Iowa St, K-State and TCU and added three of those teams. Laughing
You guys will get a kick out of this... Those same teams were the bottom 4 of the SEC in 2018 too, they all played in the Challenge, 3 out of 4 lost, and the SEC still won the Challenge 6-4... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

You guys will get a kick out of this... Those same teams were the bottom 4 of the SEC in 2018 too, they all played in the Challenge, 3 out of 4 lost, and the SEC still won the Challenge 6-4... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

And yet the mighty SEC needed a cancellation to win for the 2nd time in 8 years.😂

AKA the SEC has only lost 1 the past 5 years. Kansas probably hangs banners when the Big 12 wins the challenge too.

I hear that SEC schools hang “Only lost the Big 12 Challenge once in the last 5 years” banners.

Imagine their record if you dropped Iowa St, K-State and TCU and added three of those teams. Laughing
Hard to tell. Iowa State lost to Mississippi State by 40 3 days ago and just took WVU down to the wire. Ole Miss just beat the same Tennessee team that destroyed Kansas.

Hard to tell. Iowa State lost to Mississippi State by 40 3 days ago and just took WVU down to the wire. Ole Miss just beat the same Tennessee team that destroyed Kansas.

I’m pretty sure that Iowa St had 2 or 3 of their top players back tonight.

So what are you driving at? The SEC is vastly underrated and their bottomfeeders are good?

I’m pretty sure that Iowa St had 2 or 3 of their top players back tonight.

So what are you driving at? The SEC is vastly underrated and their bottomfeeders are good?
Just a bunch of 15-40 type teams. Nothing great but road games suck (like they do in every conference with the shit refs of todays game)

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Gonzaga/Baylor then everyone else is basically the same. What conf ur in doesn’t much matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT