ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 vs SEC challenge thread

UK helped KU extend the All-Time Wins record against themselves.

What a time to be alive!
AnnualShamefulDinosaur-max-1mb.gif

I lost every CBB bet I made today.

But the Kansas Jayhawks beat up on the Kentucky Wildcats at Rupp. Not about to hate it, esp after last season's beat down. This season is bananas, tho.

The Big 12 blazing through conference #2..
I'm celebrating with some Animal Face

GGs GGs

I lost every CBB bet I made today.

But the Kansas Jayhawks beat up on the Kentucky Wildcats at Rupp. Not about to hate it, esp after last season's beat down. This season is bananas, tho.

The Big 12 blazing through conference #2..
I'm celebrating with some Animal Face

GGs GGs

K-State and Zaga won me a few hundred bucks.

Great game KU fans. Bill Self showed how much better he is as a coach than Cal. He took Oscar out and made it look easy.

I still blame Bama and Auburn though, they should have won their games. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Great game KU fans. Bill Self showed how much better he is as a coach than Cal. He took Oscar out and made it look easy.

But Tcu was without their two best players and their talisman in miles hurt 2 minutes in for game. So maybe 6-4 then if Bama and auburn played better.

To me if miles doesn’t get hurt we’re talking 8-2 tho.

To me big 12 just dominated man. I don’t think u can say too many what if’s for the SEC on yesterday. Just being honest.

Conference pride is dying. Will be gone for good in 5-10 years. So we all should for now enjoy it. And Sad this challenge is ending too.

Reactions: Goheels83
But Tcu was without their two best players and their talisman in miles hurt 2 minutes in for game. So maybe 6-4 then if Bama and auburn played better.

To me big 12 just dominated man. I don’t think u can say too many what if’s for the SEC on yesterday. Just being honest.

Conference pride is dying. Will be gone for good in 5-10 years. So we all should for now enjoy it. And Sad this challenge is ending too.
Why are you making excuses for TCU? A lot of teams were without stars and it hurt them. A lot of the games were close and could have gone either way.

I have never understood why someone would make an assertion that discounts the very thing thing you accomplished.
haters are gonna hate. I didn't expect OU to win, but they blew out #2 Bama.

UK does Cal not scout previous games against opponents? Last 4 games teams have been sagging off KU’s PnR between Harris/KJ because neither is a threat to shoot from the perimeter. Yet UK played Harris tight non-stop allowing room for KJ to cut and the lobs from Harris to the other bigs. Not sure how you don’t use a similar game plan to the other teams that recently played KU and had success.

Jeez man, y'all won the challenge. I jokingly said I blamed it on Bama and Auburn and you replay with a huge excuse rant. WTF bro?

Just take the W and move on.

• Haha
Reactions: Tigerocker
UK does Cal not scout previous games against opponents? Last 4 games teams have been sagging off KU’s PnR between Harris/KJ because neither is a threat to shoot from the perimeter. Yet UK played Harris tight non-stop allowing room for KJ to cut and the lobs from Harris to the other bigs. Not sure how you don’t use a similar game plan to the other teams that recently played KU and had success.
Calipari is a narcissist. He tries extremely hard to show everyone that he knows a better way and he will slam that square peg into the round hole until it splinters, then tell everyone else they were wrong, even though he lost.

Bill Self had to be smiling when he saw Cal put Wheeler and Ware in the game together.

How Bill didn't walk back into the tunnel, so he could laugh hysterically, without being seen, is a surprise to me.

All that matters though is who wins it all in the end. The SEC won the challenge last year(though the Big XII was the better conference imo). But Kansas won the title.

Good chance that happens this year with Tennessee winning it all. They’re my choice to win the whole thing.

We’ve talked about Cal’s ineptitude and it’s deserved. But the worse sign was the end of the game not fouling. KU had the game but it wasn’t a sure thing yet. How did they let 30 seconds tick off without fouling? Time management was suspect.

Harris drained back-to-back 3s early in the game.

TCU was without its best two players for most of a game that went to ot.

ISU was without one if it's best players as well.

That's 2 of the SECs 3 wins. Tcu wins if either miles or lapkin play regular minutes.

Who knows what happens if Grill plays.

The third win was against a team with an interim coach who is in way over head.

TCU was without its best two players for most of a game that went to ot.

ISU was without one if it's best players as well.

That's 2 of the SECs 3 wins. Tcu wins if either miles or lapkin play regular minutes.

Who knows what happens if Grill plays.

The third win was against a team with an interim coach who is in way over head.
Why are you making excuses when you won? It is a bad look.

Because they like to conference honk more than SEC football fans. Only difference is SEC football has won 13 of the last 17 championships and B12 basketball has won 2 of the last 17.
It still doesn't make any sense. Look at Arky, they are a shell of what they should have been this year. You want to count TCU, but not Arky? That just seems stupid as can be.

Because they like to conference honk more than SEC football fans. Only difference is SEC football has won 13 of the last 17 championships and B12 basketball has won 2 of the last 17.

Ha…nothing could ever compare to SEC conference honking.

Always love the football/basketball comparisons btw. 2 games vs 6. Before that, the absurd BCS system.

Give me KU vs Gonzaga in 2020 for all the marbles. I’ll take those odds over winning 6.

ADVERTISEMENT