ADVERTISEMENT

Post draft deadline top 25s?

Anyways, no problem from me in not having Purdue in the top 25. I suspect we'll be a 7-ish seed type.
A few Purdue posters have severe issues with it, though. I think a 7-seed type team is completely believable/fair. I would take it a step further and say +/- 2 spots on that 7 seed prediction. Really tough to definitely say what will happen with Purdue. I think they'll be solid, but how solid? No idea.

lol yeah I made fun of a couple of his takes and it stuck with snu enough to put a pic of my younger brother as his avatar. creepy shit.

Anyways, no problem from me in not having Purdue in the top 25. I suspect we'll be a 7-ish seed type.
He was being sarcastic. Lmao. The IU fans on this board will back his semi-autistic behavior.

No one made this argument.
Agree to disagree here i guess. It definitely seemed that there were issues with SNU saying that he didn't think Purdue would be a top 25 team. So, if Purdue is in the top 25 this season, is it really much of a drop off from last year?

Reactions: SNU0821
Agree to disagree here i guess. It definitely seemed that there were issues with SNU saying that he didn't think Purdue would be a top 25 team. So, if Purdue is in the top 25 this season, is it really much of a drop off from last year?
Yes you perceived it to be that, no one made that argument nor do any sane Purdue fans think we’ll match the accomplishments of last year.

Reactions: VulvHa
Yes you perceived it to be that, no one made that argument nor do any sane Purdue fans think we’ll match the accomplishments of last year.
To be fair, @VulvHa's panties got all bunched up because I said I'd drop Purdue out of the Top 25. Without going back and looking at exactly what I said, IIRC, I think I was pretty harsh on the B10 in general wanting to drop OSU and Maryland and taking out Purdue and Illinois.

To be fair, @VulvHa's panties got all bunched up because I said I'd drop Purdue out of the Top 25. Without going back and looking at exactly what I said, IIRC, I think I was pretty harsh on the B10 in general wanting to drop OSU and Maryland and taking out Purdue and Illinois.
As I said, I wouldn't put Purdue in my top 25. But if I put them in the back end of that top 25, that would in no way mean that I think they're going to come close to the accomplishments of last season...and I think Vulvha would probably say the same. I honestly see this team as similar to Vince/Dakota/Haas/PJ's freshmen year (14-15 season), but better defensively and a higher ceiling.

As for Maryland, I see them as pretty similar to last year, probably a little better and end up on the 4/5 line. For OSU, I think they'll make nice strides, specifically Luther Muhammad seems like a guy that could come into his own. I think they'll be in that same tier as Maryland.

As I said, I wouldn't put Purdue in my top 25. But if I put them in the back end of that top 25, that would in no way mean that I think they're going to come close to the accomplishments of last season...and I think Vulvha would probably say the same. I honestly see this team as similar to Vince/Dakota/Haas/PJ's freshmen year (14-15 season), but better defensively and a higher ceiling.

As for Maryland, I see them as pretty similar to last year, probably a little better and end up on the 4/5 line. For OSU, I think they'll make nice strides, specifically Luther Muhammad seems like a guy that could come into his own. I think they'll be in that same tier as Maryland.
I think I like OSU better than Maryland at the moment.

A few Purdue posters have severe issues with it, though. I think a 7-seed type team is completely believable/fair. I would take it a step further and say +/- 2 spots on that 7 seed prediction. Really tough to definitely say what will happen with Purdue. I think they'll be solid, but how solid? No idea.

Off topic, but I don’t really do my rankings based on seeds. NCAAT seeds are too dependent on measures outside a team’s control like how some random non-con opponent fairs in their conference schedule or what conference you play in.

I try to rank my teams preseason based on how capable they are compared to others in the ranks, and then add in on-court results as the season progresses.

It’s entirely possible a top 15 team in terms of ability to win games only receives a 6 seed based on their “tourney resume.” And of course the opposite is possible as well.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT