18. VCU
19. Washington
20. Utah State
21. UF
22. Purdue
23. Auburn
24. Harvard
25. St. Mary’s

Pretty solid list. Can't really complain. I might put Ohio State in there somewhere, however.

Reactions: MGC_07
Seton Hall supposed to be pretty good next season? MSU plays @ their place, as part of the... Gavitt? Games.

Reactions: MGC_07
OSU is going to be a top 25 team next year. They were a young team last year that outperformed expectations and now bring in 3 top 50 recruits. Kaleb Wesson is also back.

Seton Hall supposed to be pretty good next season? MSU plays @ their place, as part of the... Gavitt? Games.

I think The Hall will be very good on D. They were solid this year (top 60), but add the best shot blocker in the country who sat out as a transfer last year.

Lots of experience back too. Should have big expectations.

Oh, so you’re relying on Painter to be good enough, huh? Sorry, I focus on they players you have and not just the coach. And I’m not sold on the players you have returning and coming in as a sure fire ranked team.

Sorry not sorry it hurts your feelings little bro. Really amazing how crazy the Purdue fan base is for still not having been to the Final Four in almost 40 YEARS.

Crazy for thinking we should be ranked near the bottom of the top 25? What a crazy prediction.

Even crazier to think so many got honestly butt hurt because I think they are a few spots too high. Yikes.

I think a lot depends on the grad transfer. If he makes a big impact, I think they can be pretty solid. But that’s a big question mark.

I think a lot depends on the grad transfer. If he makes a big impact, I think they can be pretty solid. But that’s a big question mark.
I think that could be a big one for you and I think that is largely my broader issue. The question marks. Certainly Painter has proven himself, but there are more question marks this year than the last several years for Purdue. And let’s be honest, I didn't say they weren’t a tourney team or would finish last in the B10. I simply said I’d like to see the guys who haven’t been counted on in the past produce and that’s why I wouldn't put them in the Top 25 at this point. No need for people to get upset I think they may be like ~10 spots too high.

Outside of the top 5, I could possibly see. But the 15-20 range doesn't seem realistic, IMO. Kentucky will have seven 5-star recruits on their roster. Power 6 schools are losing an unprecedented number of players to the league - and to the transfer portal. Continuity issues now effect just about every program in the top 25. It's hard to imagine a team with that much talent not being in the top 10.

Most talented team? I might be okay saying they have the best depth. But they're not exactly filled with guys that are on the cusp of making an All-American team. If you look at the top 4 returning players (Coleman, Febres, Ramey, Sims), they all had a player efficiency rating below 15, which is always set as the average rating for all players. Compare that to Purdue, who has 6 returning players with a PER north of 16, then I'd Purdue is much more likely to have a successful season. There are plenty of guys on the Texas roster that have been highly rated. So maybe this is the year they finally break out.

Luther Muhammad and Duane Washington return, and they both averaged more than 7 ppg. They also bring in CJ Walker, who started on FSU's elite 8 team in 2018 - and they bring in DJ Carton, the #6 point guard in the 2019 class. I think they'll be okay.

Saw it in a tweet from Jon Rothstein.
Like I said I read it somewhere that Ohio St was losing all their guards.

Oh, so you’re relying on Painter to be good enough, huh? Sorry, I focus on they players you have and not just the coach. And I’m not sold on the players you have returning and coming in as a sure fire ranked team.

Sorry not sorry it hurts your feelings little bro. Really amazing how crazy the Purdue fan base is for still not having been to the Final Four in almost 40 YEARS.
Your program is a disgrace. Mine is in pretty much everyone’s rankings. Facts. The only person that is butthurt is you, and the fact that you try to stalk/dox other posters here proves it. Weirdo loser.

Reactions: B-Westy
Your program is a disgrace. Mine is in pretty much everyone’s rankings. Facts. The only person that is butthurt is you, and the fact that you try to stalk/dox other posters here proves it. Weirdo loser.
Funny a guy that’s a fan of a program that has never won anything calling someone else’s program a disgrace. Maybe win a National Championship or two and then come talk. Otherwise, you’re nothing more than the never was little brother jealous of the big kids. Sucks for you snowflake.

I haven't seen Yale in any preseason rankings...

Reactions: SNU0821
For the same reason that ESPN, SI, CBS, and a host of other sites have Purdue in their preseason rankings. Everyone on this board knows that all you have is hate for Purdue since your program continues to be a dumpster fire. Keep hating.
This answer wasn't an explanation for why you think that they will be a top 25 team? I get the scepticism with SNU saying something negative about Purdue. But imo its unwarranted in regards to this coming season.

I've been on record many times about how shocked i was with how well they played last year. But im not the only one...as SNU said already...most Purdue fans were surprised by how successful last year was. Now, you all are losing the 2 most important pieces from last years surprising run. How are you all going to make up for losing all of that offense?

Its definitely not crazy to assume that this coming years team won't be as successful as last years team. Last year was a surprise for most college basketball fans. But if they don't regress from last year, it will be the equivalent to finding out your wife of 40 years has been gay your whole marriage type of shock.

This answer wasn't an explanation for why you think that they will be a top 25 team? I get the scepticism with SNU saying something negative about Purdue. But imo its unwarranted in regards to this coming season.

I've been on record many times about how shocked i was with how well they played last year. But im not the only one...as SNU said already...most Purdue fans were surprised by how successful last year was. Now, you all are losing the 2 most important pieces from last years surprising run. How are you all going to make up for losing all of that offense?

Its definitely not crazy to assume that this coming years team won't be as successful as last years team. Last year was a surprise for most college basketball fans. But if they don't regress from last year, it will be the equivalent to finding out your wife of 40 years has been gay your whole marriage type of shock.
I didn’t answer him because he continues to take personal shots, which is why I took shots at him (after I let it go the first time). You know that I normally keep it civil, but it wasn’t warranted in this instance.

Purdue can regress and still be a top 25 team. Have you seen any of our fans say that we will be as good? With that being said, Matt Haarms, Trevion Williams, Aaron Wheeler, and Nojel Eastern are a solid core to build around. Then you have guys like Hunter and Stefanovic along with the freshmen, all of which can shoot the ball, and Coach Painter, who is really coming into his own as a team builder. I see no reason why Purdue can’t be a top 25 team and pretty much every news outlet and those in this thread seem to agree.

Edit: I also forgot about Proctor who may not be a star, but should be another solid contributor.

Last edited:
Above Iowa like always...
this year only because they lost Jordan to hip surgery

they still have these by ESPN ranking
4* PG FR 6'0 Toussaint
4* SG RSSO Top 100 6'5 Connor
4* SF SO Top 100 6''6 Wieskamp
4* F JR Top 100 6'11 Garza
3* C RSSO 7'0 Nunge 2 time class 4A 1st team and runnerup in the voting for Indiana's Mr. BB
Thats a solid starting 5 now Fran needs is get 1 or 2 GT to fill out the team as Fran has these on the roster
RSFR CG 6'4 Fredrick Kentuckies state champion MVP and Gatoraide POY
FR F Top 100 4* 6'8 Patrick
RSJR F 6'8 Pemsl
SR F 6'9 Kriener who was just selected to play overseas on a East Coast All Star team

this team didn't just drop off the face of the planet,

I didn’t answer him because he continues to take personal shots, which is why I took shots at him (after I let it go the first time). You know that I normally keep it civil, but it wasn’t warranted in this instance.

Purdue can regress and still be a top 25 team. Have you seen any of our fans say that we will be as good? With that being said, Matt Haarms, Trevion Williams, Aaron Wheeler, and Nojel Eastern are a solid core to build around. Then you have guys like Hunter and Stefanovic along with the freshmen, all of which can shoot the ball, and Coach Painter, who is really coming into his own as a team builder. I see no reason why Purdue can’t be a top 25 team and pretty much every news outlet and those in this thread seem to agree.

Edit: I also forgot about Proctor who may not be a star, but should be another solid contributor.
LOLOLOLOLOL. All I got for this.

Just so everyone can see what a loser SNU is

For a guy that uses the term "rent free" regularly, your response to me mocking your sports takes was to so fervently search for me online that you found a picture of my younger brother that he tweeted in April of 2016 and proceeded to make it your profile picture on a message board.

I'm struggling to find the words to describe how god damn pathetic that is.

Picture is so old that when b-westy originally commented about the pic, I didn't even realize who it was lol

I actually didnt have to search long. Turns out, we have a mutual friend/acquaintance. They informed me of your name and I googled it. Same with Blaire.

You’re struggling to find words? IDGAF.

Lol! Not really. Just because some random internet people who I will never meet in my life think it’s embarrassing. Y’all don’t know me and I think that’s hilarious.

lol yeah it's Tory. Literally didn't think twice about the picture at first b/c it's so old, happened to see it again and realized.

I'm the guy who looks like he just got out of a week in the mountains (I had) and my brother is the other one. SNU can add these to the spank bank if he'd like.

gBFr4s7.png

Homophobic: check

Closet-racist: check

Fierce right wing gun lover: check

Frat letters in username: check

Stalks ppl he argues w/ about sports online: check

Is literally raising tiny humans to be just like him: oh fvck no

For sure, I get it, you're clearly Not Mad about my posts and any normal family man like yourself would find 3 year old pictures of my younger brother to use as your profile pic.

Who among us hasn't been there?

Im still f*cking dying over the fact that he went through three plus years of my brother’s tweet to find that picture...and it wasn’t even me.

Literally one of the biggest self owns I’ve ever witnessed.

Also feel rather confident that he knows a mod that gave my personal info to him, and he was just too stupid to find the right guy.

Love you trying to play this down like it’s normal behavior. You inform your wife and buddies that you obtained pictures of my family in response to me laughing about your McBob takes?

Last edited:
Reactions: B-Westy
Triggered loser that stalks male Purdue fans. You self owned yourself to an all time greatest degree.RollLaugh
Hey man. I’m just glad you’re here to try and make the board more PC. We definitely need more of that. RollLaughYou’re like a hall monitor for the board...but more liberal and more of a pussy.

Hey man. I’m just glad you’re here to try and make the board more PC. We definitely need more of that. RollLaughYou’re like a hall monitor for the board but more liberal and more of a pussy.
1) Stalks dudes
2) Constantly uses homophobic language
3) ?

So when was the last time IU won a title? It has been so long I have forgotten?

Reactions: VulvHa and B-Westy
False. Purdue surprised LAST year and I was hardly the only one thinking they'd take a step back. Hell, even the majority of Purdue fans were surprised with their performance last year. Don't be a douche.

The years prior I called them finishing exactly where they did and getting bounced from the tourney exactly where they did.

It's not unreasonable to think Purdue isn't a Top 25 team at this point. Do me a favor. Why don't you explain to everyone in this thread why Purdue is a Top 25 team. Otherwise, you're just coming off as a pussy Purdue fanboy. Not a great look...
Tell ya' what " Not a great look" is: Your team's W-L record the last three yrs.

I think that could be a big one for you and I think that is largely my broader issue. The question marks. Certainly Painter has proven himself, but there are more question marks this year than the last several years for Purdue. And let’s be honest, I didn't say they weren’t a tourney team or would finish last in the B10. I simply said I’d like to see the guys who haven’t been counted on in the past produce and that’s why I wouldn't put them in the Top 25 at this point. No need for people to get upset I think they may be like ~10 spots too high.
More ?'s for the '19-'20 team than the '18-'19 team that lost FOUR starters ??

Damn dude....thats some next level stalker shit right there lol.
lol yeah I made fun of a couple of his takes and it stuck with snu enough to put a pic of my younger brother as his avatar. creepy shit.

Anyways, no problem from me in not having Purdue in the top 25. I suspect we'll be a 7-ish seed type.

Reactions: jace4655555
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT