ADVERTISEMENT

Portal thread?

I think Richmond has visits to UK, Duke, and Arkansas set up purely to drive up NIL before he commits to St. John's. Just my opinion. If you’re trying to squeeze out more NIL money those are 3 programs I would be visiting to entice the Johnnies to pony up more cash. He just seems like someone that is unlikely to leave the northeast.

This could certainly be a trend. And I hope the coaches of schools with sizeable NIL funds have enough sense and intuition to know who's simply trying to drive up their own stock.

I always thinking it's funny listening to Boeheim talk about Kadary. Seems to have plenty of back-handed compliments.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
We’ll be better than Kentucky! I’m not saying we’ll be great, but Kentucky isn’t going to be anywhere close to being even as good as Calipari’s worst teams other than the 9-16 year. I would be concerned about your team more than taking JC type shots at Louisville.
Your stupidity is glaring in everything you post. You'll simply never learn. First it was "Kenny won those games!" and now Squints, your new HC from a mid-major is going to bring U6 "back". As I've said before, as long as 9 wins is an improvement for your basketball program, STFU, BLOCKHEAD.

Your stupidity is glaring in everything you post. You'll simply never learn. First it was "Kenny won those games!" and now Squints, your new HC from a mid-major is going to bring U6 "back". As I've said before, as long as 9 wins is an improvement for your basketball program, STFU, BLOCKHEAD.
Shut up dumbass!

UConn getting Mahaney and UK getting Brea seems like a win/win for both sides. I think Mahaney is good and will do very well there, but Brea is the best shooter in the country. For an offense that Pope wants to run, seems like a match made in heaven (assuming they close on him).

6'11 Brandon Garrison to UK... over Arky.

The 6-foot-11 freshman and former McDonald’s All-American chose the Wildcats over Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas, among others. He averaged 7.5 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 1.5 assists per game this season for the Cowboys.

• Love
Reactions: kyjeff1
Did Garrison even visit UK?

Also Brea expected to be a Cat soon?

What does that make your rotation look like at the moment?

I don't think Garrison did visit UK, but that's where he's headed. Rumors are strong that Brea is the next addition to the roster. That'll be 8.... If Osobor is out like Jeff Goodman is saying, then the focus is truly on guards. I'd have to see who they get in that regard to have an idea about the rotation.

Garrison didn't visit. Brea seems likely. Obviously still 4-5 players to be added and there will be a spot or two left vacant for potential draft withdrawals over the next month. I assume the current rotation based on committed players would look like this:

Butler
Chandler
Oweh
Carr
Williams

Garrison
Perry

Still have Jaxson Robinson in the mix and I'm surprised Johnell Davis hasn’t committed to Arkansas yet, it would be hilarious if Pope stole him from Arkansas too.

Osobor back in play.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Texas Tech just landed the PG from Minnesota, Elijah Hawkins. Anyone have an opinion on him? He seems like a pure PG that is best at facilitating. Though, he looks like he is good at driving to the basket.

Texas Tech just landed the PG from Minnesota, Elijah Hawkins. Anyone have an opinion on him? He seems like a pure PG that is best at facilitating. Though, he looks like he is good at driving to the basket.
UK fans really wanted him, kid's a hell of a pg.

Johnell Davis to Arkansas. Two top tier portal grabs for Cal so far in Aidoo and Davis.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist per se but UVA is the catalyst for all these changes in college basketball. Here's how I imagine the conversations went

Man, UVA sure is winning a lot but they're so ****ing boring....let's reduce the shot clock to hurt their chances of winning more

Damn, they're still winning a lot. How are they doing this?....I know, let's let players transfer out without consequence to ruin their continuity. There's no way their program can survive without continuity.

Okay that helped some but they're still kinda good. Why won't their players leave as quickly as we want?...I got it. Let's have unregulated free agency to ruin them for good. They won't be able to compete in this "pay for play" era.

**** you pretty boy Tony Bennett and your boring ass system

I'm not a conspiracy theorist per se but UVA is the catalyst for all these changes in college basketball. Here's how I imagine the conversations went

Man, UVA sure is winning a lot but they're so ****ing boring....let's reduce the shot clock to hurt their chances of winning more

Damn, they're still winning a lot. How are they doing this?....I know, let's let players transfer out without consequence to ruin their continuity. There's no way their program can survive without continuity.

Okay that helped some but they're still kinda good. Why won't their players leave as quickly as we want?...I got it. Let's have unregulated free agency to ruin them for good. They won't be able to compete in this "pay for play" era.

**** you pretty boy Tony Bennett and your boring ass system

To be fair, you guys haven't won a tournament game since 2019.

Arkansas picked up commitments from Johnell Davis and Jonas Aidoo yesterday?! Wild. I wonder where they are in the rankings of schools with the biggest NIL funds.

If I had to guess, the top 10 might look something like this:

1. Duke
2. Kansas
3. North Carolina
4. Arkansas
5. Kentucky
6. Louisville
7. Indiana
8. Baylor
9. Houston
10. Alabama

There are others that could certainly be in there. Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Arizona, UConn, Auburn - and then maybe Gonzaga and Creighton since they don't have to fund football players. Who am I forgetting?

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I think he’s a grad transfer that hasn’t graduated yet. 🤣 Not 100% sure though.
Supposedly UK 'didn't want to wait' past his visit for him to commit. Sucks not to get him. Washington is saying they'll match or exceed any NIL offer he gets.

ADVERTISEMENT