ADVERTISEMENT

Portal thread?

I thought Devin Askew was bad. Wow. I read where he's entering the transfer portal again After playing for UK, Texas and Cal for two years.

O'Bannon only played at 2 schools, though. 3 years at USC and 4 at TCU. Most guys don't even last 7 years in the NBA lol. Wild to think someone could be play collegiately for 7 years.

Askew has had a rocky career. Is he going to transfer down to an even lesser program? Maybe to a Fresno State or a UC Irvine?

Some other notables names that have entered the portal recently:

Zeke Mayo, South Dakota State
Terrence Edwards, James Madison
Lynn Kidd, Virginia Tech
Micah Peavy, TCU
Otega Oweh, Oklahoma

I can't recall off the top of my head, but there's been a few players who played for 5-6-7 schools.

Here are some more notable transfers from the past day or two.

Some of them don't make sense to me. AJ Storr? Dude was the go-to scorer on a good Wisconsin team. Sean Pedulla was also the lead-guy at Virginia Tech. Tony Perkins was an all-conference performer on a decent Iowa team. Boopie Miller was the #2 scorer at Wake. Hadley and Lampkin had prominent roles on a Colorado team that narrowly missed the Sweet 16.

AJ Storr, Wisconsin
Tony Perkins, Iowa
Kevin (Boopie) Miller, Wake Forest
Sean Pedulla, Virginia Tech
J'Vonne Hadley, Colorado
Eddie Lampkin, Colorado
Pharrel Payne, Minnesota
Brandon Huntley-Hatfield, Louisville
Tre White, Louisville
Frankie Collins, Arizona State
Riley Kugel, Florida
Mason Falslev, Utah State
Joshua Jefferson, Saint Mary's
Jalen Blackmon, Stetson

• Wow
Reactions: FaithPlusOne

Some of them don't make sense to me. AJ Storr? Dude was the go-to scorer on a good Wisconsin team. Sean Pedulla was also the lead-guy at Virginia Tech. Tony Perkins was an all-conference performer on a decent Iowa team. Boopie Miller was the #2 scorer at Wake. Hadley and Lampkin had prominent roles on a Colorado team that narrowly missed the Sweet 16.

AJ Storr, Wisconsin
Tony Perkins, Iowa
J'Vonne Hadley, Colorado
Eddie Lampkin, Colorado
Pharrel Payne, Minnesota
Tre White, Louisville
Riley Kugel, Florida
Jalen Blackmon, Stetson

It’s not about playing time. It’s about money. Lynn Kidd just transferred from VT to Miami after starting his career at Clemson. All that matters now is NIL. The fact that they can transfer without sitting just makes it pay for play. I’m losing interest in the sport because of it.

It’s not about playing time. It’s about money. Lynn Kidd just transferred from VT to Miami after starting his career at Clemson. All that matters now is NIL. The fact that they can transfer without sitting just makes it pay for play. I’m losing interest in the sport because of it.

Sad. This is the new normal. Some 2,000 kids hitting the portal every year.

Reactions: jhmossy
Shaping up to be an insane portal year. Probably the norm moving forward unfortunately

Reactions: bignish

AJ Storr, Wisconsin
Tony Perkins, Iowa
J'Vonne Hadley, Colorado
Eddie Lampkin, Colorado
Pharrel Payne, Minnesota
Tre White, Louisville
Riley Kugel, Florida
Jalen Blackmon, Stetson
What do you know about BJ Freeman?

Man, so far FSU is doing a nice job purging the guys we need to (latest one to enter is Baba Miller). And now I see Terrence Edwards Jr from James Madison is taking a visit.

We find a way to keep Jamir Watkins and I’ll start getting cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: KisteK
@dukedevilz

Some KU fans think Riley Kugel is going to commit to KU soon. What are your thoughts on him? I know he’s flashed plenty of potential, but he doesn’t seem like the proven shooter they need.

Man, so far FSU is doing a nice job purging the guys we need to (latest one to enter is Baba Miller). And now I see Terrence Edwards Jr from James Madison is taking a visit.

We find a way to keep Jamir Watkins and I’ll start getting cautiously optimistic.
I thought Baba was going to be a first rounder? 😛

MD has gotten two transfers so far.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I thought Baba was going to be a first rounder? 😛

MD has gotten two transfers so far.

Yeah Maryland has done very well in the portal so far. I’m jealous.

Who said that about Baba? Maybe when he was still 16, but he’s charmin soft, lacks lateral quickness, and is a 55% free throw shooter. That’s not an NBA player, let alone first rounder. I wouldn’t have him on my draft board at all.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
@dukedevilz

Some KU fans think Riley Kugel is going to commit to KU soon. What are your thoughts on him? I know he’s flashed plenty of potential, but he doesn’t seem like the proven shooter they need.
Something happened at the end of the season, might be an attitude issue, but the coach refuses to play him, even when they had serious foul trouble.
Hell of a guard though.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Riley Kugel to Kansas. He kind of fell a part of in the middle of the season. With the success of Walter Clayton, Zion Pullin, and Will Richard, he lost minutes - and confidence. Talent is still there. Will be interesting to see if Self can turn things around for him.

Updated:

GKK9CdVaMAAbGoz

Dang, my guy Ado Thiero didn’t even crack the top 25.
KD Johnson and some 2* and 3* dudes rank higher than Ado? interesting

Reactions: TKBray
Solid list, but there are some notable omissions in that top 25 like AJ Storr, Maxine Raynaud, and Michael Ajayi. Who's ranking is that anyway?
Evan Miya. He does his ranking strictly on offensive and defensive advanced metrics. For example, AJ Storr has a 3.19 O-rating (very good) but a 0.49 D-rating (putrid) according to Evan Miya.

Dang, my guy Ado Thiero didn’t even crack the top 25.
KD Johnson and some 2* and 3* dudes rank higher than Ado? interesting

Hope he comes back. He's not crazy skilled but a dude who will play hard and is a monster athlete is super valuable in my book. Just as long as he's played as a 4 not a 3.

Evan Miya. He does his ranking strictly on offensive and defensive advanced metrics. For example, AJ Storr has a 3.19 O-rating (very good) but a 0.49 D-rating (putrid) according to Evan Miya.
Storr will frustrate the shit out of you if he's not making shots.

Reactions: Sparty_57
Storr will frustrate the shit out of you if he's not making shots.
That’s my take on him as well. Electric offensive player when engaged and making shots. A net negative when he’s not. Honestly, I felt the same way about Jaden Ivey.

Reactions: jwardelt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT