ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: should cbb have a Top 70 Poll instead of the Top 25?

Should cbb have a Top 70 Poll instead of the Top 25?

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • IDK, I’m a tshirt bandwagoner

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I’m an Uncle Rico who could have a perfect bracket if there were less teams

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

UCFhonors

Feb 20, 2010
The Most Magical Place on Earth
Team
UCF
This is the rare time when I think colllege basketball should do something more like college football- rather than the other way around.

Basically cfb ranks the top 20% of the field 25/130.

If college basketball ranked its Top 20% it would be a Top 70 poll (350*0.20= 70). That happens to be almost exactly the number of teams that go to the NCAA tournament.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Are you a tshirt bandwagoner or an Uncle Rico who can’t handle change? Or both?

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

Never been called a T-shirt fan before.

To be honest with you top 25 is perfect. Now if they ever changed it specifically for college basketball I could live with Top 36 rankings considering there are 36 at-large birds for the NCAA tournament. A top 70 would not work considering a good amount would not even make the NCAA because of automatic bids. But Top 36 doesn't roll off the tongue like Top 25 does.

This is the rare time when I think colllege basketball should do something more like college football- rather than the other way around.

Basically cfb ranks the top 20% of the field 25/130.

If college basketball ranked its Top 20% it would be a Top 70 poll (350*0.20= 70). That happens to be almost exactly the number of teams that go to the NCAA tournament.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile
Why? So you can see UCF ranked? It ain't that hard to read down the list of, "also receiving votes".Laughing

UCFhonors, I like how you think. Lets quit being archaic , its 2018, time for change

Thanks, my UCFriend. My next thread is going to be what are the best changes that we could make to the NCAA tournament. Well unless UCF does something big in the meantime...

I’m just a big believer in always trying to get better, each and every day. Just like coach says.

Too bad the tshirt bandwagoners try to hold back progress, out of UCFear they might have to buy new tshirts

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

Reactions: oldsports_
To be quite honest, I think only the top 10 or maybe max top 15 should be ranked.

But TV networks love showing that theyre having a game between #23 and somebody. Supposedly helps interest.

Reactions: MGC_07
I usually watch 35-40 teams (10+ games) each year.

I'd be game for a Top 40 or 50.

I'm also game for annexing 100+ teams from "D1" tho, so...

ADVERTISEMENT