ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Has the Committee been disrespecting the AAC?

Has the Tourney Committee been disrespecting the AAC?

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • IDK, I'm a tshirt bandwagoner

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
I'd say no. Only reason the conference is getting as many bids as it did last year was because Wichita State joined.

I think 2-4 is the perfect amount from year to year depending on how strong the conference is.

Reactions: Todoubled23
I'd say no. Only reason the conference is getting as many bids as it did last year was because Wichita State joined.

I think 2-4 is the perfect amount from year to year depending on how strong the conference is.

You can go to hell. Back before 2012, the AAC was getting 8-9 bids per year. There is no place for the bias in b-ball just because we changed our conference name.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

Memphis and UConn will both be better teams going forward. I think you can expect both teams in the tournament on an annual basis... And then probably 2-3 more teams between Wichita State, Cincinnati, Houston, Temple, UCF, SMU. I would expect 4+ teams from the AAC starting in 2020.

2014 is the only year where I really feel the AAC got hosed. Louisville should have been no worse than a 2 seed. UConn probably should have been a 5 seed... SMU deserved to be in the tournament that year. That's the only bad break I can recall. Otherwise, I think the Committee has handled them fine.

Reactions: UCFhonors
You can go to hell. Back before 2012, the AAC was getting 8-9 bids per year. There is no place for the bias in b-ball just because we changed our conference name.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

There is no before 2012...the schools the BIg East left behind sold the conference history/ records for $$

There is no before 2012...the schools the BIg East left behind sold the conference history/ records for $$

3QHF.gif

Give it another try.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

How long ago did you attend UCF?

I got lots of buddies in Orlando and still go down there to visit. My college buddy owned Kate O'Briens, awesome irish bar downtown off Orange. Had a massive beer garden that was packed on weekends.

My close friend owned it and all his buddies worked as bartenders. Never had to buy a drink once. But this was back in the 90s and early 00s, don't think the bar is there anymore.

Reactions: UCFhonors
How long ago did you attend UCF?

I got lots of buddies in Orlando and still go down there to visit. My college buddy owned Kate O'Briens, awesome irish bar downtown off Orange. Had a massive beer garden that was packed on weekends.

My close friend owned it and all his buddies worked as bartenders. Never had to buy a drink once. But this was back in the 90s and early 00s, don't think the bar is there anymore.

That was decades ago. In that location is now Ember. It used to be a hot spot but has died the last few years.

But you're right. Orlando has the Best Bar Scene in America. I've been telling posters on Soundoff this UCFact for years.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

My bad for speaking facts. The AAC conference that was chartered in 1979 does not have any basketball history before 2013. That basketball history went with the schools that make up the current big east conference (chartered in 2013). It was part of the negotiation when the basketball 7 left behind the deadweight of midmajor basketball and mid-major football with no geographic identity.

Memphis and UConn will both be better teams going forward. I think you can expect both teams in the tournament on an annual basis... And then probably 2-3 more teams between Wichita State, Cincinnati, Houston, Temple, UCF, SMU. I would expect 4+ teams from the AAC starting in 2020.

2014 is the only year where I really feel the AAC got hosed. Louisville should have been no worse than a 2 seed. UConn probably should have been a 5 seed... SMU deserved to be in the tournament that year. That's the only bad break I can recall. Otherwise, I think the Committee has handled them fine.

It should have been 4+ for a while now. We used to 8-9 bids.

The worse snub came in 2016-2017. UCF UCFinished 3rd in the league, and still didn’t get an invite. Albeit, it kinda worked out at the end. We made a run all the way to the Final Fours.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

ADVERTISEMENT