ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

There’s a plenty wide range between accepting being arrested and punching the cop in his face and stealing his weapon. I don’t consider punching a cop in the face and stealing his weapon “just resisting”.

Semantics, but he slapped him (open hand), really pushed his face more than anything. Semantics, though. He did strike him and did take his non-lethal weapon. It’s non-lethal in three ways: 1) that’s literally how police define it 2) it’s pretty clear he had no intent to cause the officer’s death or severe bodily harm, 3) at the time the officer decided to shoot, the taser was only a weapon in the sense that it could be thrown; its zappy zappies were all done. As we established earlier, without intent to kill with an object that is otherwise non-lethal that object cannot be described as a lethal weapon.

Anyway, if that situation doesn’t meet your requirement for ‘just resisting’ then no real world situation will. You win? I guess?

Reactions: bignish
He didn’t deserve to be shot.

I suspect that a police shooting wherein the perp satisfies your definition of resisting arrest - in a manner that shouldn’t get somebody shot - is very narrowly and specifically defined. Any real world example will not meet your requirements because no real world example will be perfect.

There won’t be a situation where the criminal politely said, “No thank you, sir, I won’t let you arrest me”, then walks away calmly and gets shot in the neck.

I’d bet the closest you’d come is that female officer who accidentally shot the guy trying to flee in his car. You might point to that one as evidence that you look at these situations objectively.
Did he not do everything in his power to get shot, short of shooting himself? Wtf... he literally did everything in the “how to get shot handbook!” Like....everything. If you asked anyone in America if you could reasonably be expected to get shot if you did A..B...and C—-he ****ing did it.

I have a step sister who got arrested for DUI, the cop when on another call with her in the back seat (small town in the 80's), and while the cop was dealing with the disturbance, she crawled threw the glass and drove the cop car up to the cop and the disturbance so she could hear the gossip. True story and she wasn't shot, and she is white.

Senantics, but he slapped him (open hand), really pushed his face more than anything. Semantics, though. He did strike him and did take his non-lethal weapon. It’s non-lethal in two ways: 1) that’s literally how police define it 2) it’s prett my clear he had no intent to cause the officers death and, as we established earlier, without intent to kill with an object that is otherwise non-lethal that object cannot be described as a lethal weapon.

Anyway, if that situation doesn’t meet your requirement for ‘just resisting’ then no real world situation will. You win? I guess?
Senantics, but he slapped him (open hand), really pushed his face more than anything. Semantics, though. He did strike him and did take his non-lethal weapon. It’s non-lethal in two ways: 1) that’s literally how police define it 2) it’s prett my clear he had no intent to cause the officers death and, as we established earlier, without intent to kill with an object that is otherwise non-lethal that object cannot be described as a lethal weapon.

There’s nothing between willingly being arrested and hitting the cop in the face and stealing his weapon? What?

Did he not do everything in his power to get shot, short of shooting himself? Wtf... he literally did everything in the “how to get shot handbook!” Like....everything. If you asked anyone in America if you could reasonably be expected to get shot if you did A..B...and C—-he ****ing did it.

Hitting an officer is not supposed to get you shot. Holding a taser that can’t taser isn’t supposed to get you shot. Running away isn’t supposed to get you shot.

Remember when car chases would break in during a show or game?

Kind of exciting to watch the ending.

There’s nothing between willingly being arrested and hitting the cop in the face and stealing his weapon? What?

He didn’t do anything that is supposed to get you shot. Did he do stuff that is supposed to get you tackled and tased and put in prison? Hell yes.

I think for a person to resist arrest and get shot and you to be on that person’s side, it would have to be the most passive resistance ever. I don’t think that situation exists, is what I’m saying.

I get both points of view and everyone is basically saying the same thing. But, it's like watching the same news story on two different media channels.

Hitting an officer is not supposed to get you shot. Holding a taser that can’t taser isn’t supposed to get you shot. Running away isn’t supposed to get you shot.
You string enough **** ups in row....where’s the cutoff? You think your getting highly trained soldiers policing the countries idiots for 39k a yr. I think it’s completely reasonable to fully expect to get shot doing what he did. If you’re that dumb to do everything he did...starting at endangering every persons life by driving almost completely incompacitated, followed by endangering every bodies life in the general area by resisting arrest, assaulting officers, grabbing an officers weapon where shots will reasonably be fired in a public area—-sorry, but not a lot of sympathy here.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You string enough **** ups in row....where’s the cutoff? You think your getting highly trained soldiers policing the countries idiots for 39k a yr. I think it’s completely reasonable to fully expect to get shot doing what he did. If you’re that dumb to do everything he did...starting at endangering every persons life by driving almost completely incompacitated, followed by endangering every bodies life in the general area by resisting arrest, assaulting officers, grabbing an officers weapon where shots will reasonably be fired in a public area—-sorry, but not a lot of sympathy here.
That's the thing with manhunts. Usually when someone gets away without getting shot, bad shit tends to happen. IE, high speed car chases. I drive regularly on instates and outer belts. I'd pissed if the guy that hit me didn't get shot when doing everything that guy did.

I should rephrase, I don't want my inconvenience of being hit and changing everything on my end to cause someones life in retrospect, but ppl are not thinking of those who are put in harms way when the cops don't deescalate situations.

Not sympathizing is one thing. But some of you guys are pretty cavalier with people’s lives. The bottom line is that he wasn’t a threat to anybody’s life when he was shot. That’s the test. Officers are only supposed to kill people who are imminent threats to severely harm or kill somebody. He was running away and holding a piece of yellow plastic. Officers can’t punish, so any killing based on the fact he previously struck the officer or drank and drove or resisted arrest or fired a taser and missed would be illegal.

Was he cavalier with the lives of others when he chose to drive drunk? Yes, he was. But DUIs don’t result in the death penalty, last I checked. Was he an imminent threat to either of the officer’s lives at any point? I don’t think so.

Not sympathizing is one thing. But some of you guys are pretty cavalier with people’s lives. The bottom line is that he wasn’t a threat to anybody’s life when he was shot. That’s the test. Officers are only supposed to kill people who are imminent threats to severely harm or kill somebody. He was running away and holding a piece of yellow plastic. Officers can’t punish, so any killing based on the fact he previously struck the officer or drank and drove or resisted arrest or fired a taser and missed would be illegal.

Was he cavalier with the lives of others when he chose to drive drunk? Yes, he was. But DUIs don’t result i. The death penalty, last I checked. Was he an imminent threat to either of the officer’s lives at any point? I don’t think so.
To be fair, you're using hindsight to your advantage.

To be fair, you're using hindsight to your advantage.

In what way? The officer knew (should have known) the taser missed and had no more charges left.

He will argue he didn’t know, but it’s not calculus. He had to count to 2. Guys in war zones being shot at by tanks can count to 2.

Edit: even if he thought the taser had a charge left, it wasn’t an imminent threat to his life or the life of others; so the shooting would still be unjustified. He will likely get off based on qualified immunity, though, which amounts to ‘I think I thought he might do something harmful to someone at some point with something, so I killed him and that’s okay.’ Courts: You’re a cop, so that’s okay. Good job

How big are your nipples?

Just baseing this off of your posts. I'm guessing puffy 50 cent piece and the hair on them is the only hair on your chest/trunk.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
I'm thankful for cops and truck drivers. I could never be either.

I feel like I could be a truck driver. I couldn’t be a cop. I wouldn’t be able to enforce a lot of the low-level crimes or minor traffic offenses, which I imagine are 90% of the job.

I feel like I could be a truck driver. I couldn’t be a cop. I wouldn’t be able to enforce a lot of the low-level crimes or minor traffic offenses, which I imagine are 90% of the job.
Just be a Carl from shameless and only write tickets to rich ppl. Rich profiling should be a thing.

Reactions: brooky03
Average size I think
200.gif

Reactions: cdbearde
I hadn't thought about a sliding scale fines, but it does make perfect sense. No need to make it harsher for the working (wo)man.

He didn’t do anything that is supposed to get you shot. Did he do stuff that is supposed to get you tackled and tased and put in prison? Hell yes.

I think for a person to resist arrest and get shot and you to be on that person’s side, it would have to be the most passive resistance ever. I don’t think that situation exists, is what I’m saying.

You think someone should go to prison for just resisting arrest?

Or do you agree now that he was doing more than just resisting arrest?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Punching someone in the face shouldn't warrant the death penalty.

I’m responding to bignish saying that I think it’s okay for people to be shot for just resisting arrest. I asked for an example of where I did that. Rayshard Brooks isn’t an example of that. Whether or not you agree the cop was justified, you’d have to be a ****ing idiot to think punching a cop and stealing their weapon is *just* resisting arrest.

Last edited:
You think someone should go to prison for just resisting arrest?

I’m not going to pretend to have intimate knowledge of sentencing, but I would think committing a misdemeanor that can carry a jail/prison sentence with resisting arrest, which can carry a jail/prison sentence, would have a decent chance of landing you in jail/prison for a few months.

I’m responding to bignish saying that I think it’s okay for people to be shot for just resisting arrest. I asked for an example of where I did that. Rayshard Brooks isn’t an example of that.

Do you think Brooks deserved to be shot despite not posing a threat to the officer’s life?

The humanization is a nice touch. We don't know any of these ppl. Their life instant becomes a shameless selling point.

ADVERTISEMENT