ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

Situation:
 Officer Sheskey obtained a description of Jacob Blake and knew he would have to arrest Jacob Blake on the warrant if he encountered him.
 When officers arrived, Laquisha Booker flagged them down and shouted statements identifying Jacob Blake as the other person involved and indicating that he was trying to take her car, stating, “My kids are in the car.”
 Officer Sheskey saw Jacob Blake and saw him putting a child in the back of the vehicle in question, a gray Dodge SUV.
 Officer Sheskey immediately attempted to arrest Jacob Blake based on his active warrant and was quickly assisted by Officer Arenas and Officer Meronek.
 Jacob Blake knew there was a warrant out for his arrest.
 Jacob Blake did not comply with the verbal commands of officers as they attempted to arrest him.
 When the officers attempted to physically restrain Jacob Blake, he resisted, physically struggling with officers.
 Officers brought Jacob Blake to the ground, but he was able to get off the ground and to get away from the officers trying to arrest him.
 During this struggle, Officer Sheskey and Officer Arenas both attempted to subdue Jacob Blake by deploying their tasers.
 Both times that Jacob Blake was struck with the tasers, he ripped out the taser wires/prongs making the tasers ineffective against him.
 Officer Sheskey also attempted to drive stun Jacob Blake with his taser by applying the taser to Jacob Blake’s neck/back area, but that too was ineffective.
 As he resisted arrest, Jacob Blake was armed with a knife.
 By the time he was walking in front of the SUV, the knife was opened and the blade was exposed.
 Jacob Blake did not comply with police commands to drop the knife.
 Jacob Blake tried to enter the driver’s door of the SUV.
 The SUV had been rented by Laquisha Booker in her name and Laquisha Booker had indicated to police that Jacob Blake did not have permission to drive the vehicle.
 There were children in the SUV who Laquisha Booker had yelled were her children.
 Jacob Blake had the opened knife in his right hand and was attempting to escape from Officer Sheskey’s grasp and enter the driver’s side of the SUV.
 Both Officer Sheskey and Officer Arenas stated that in the moment before Officer Sheskey opened fire, Jacob Blake twisted his body, moving his right hand with the knife towards Officer Sheskey.
 Two citizen witnesses saw Jacob Blake’s body turn in a manner that appears consistent with what the officers described.
 Officer Sheskey shot Jacob Blake seven times in total. There were four entrance wounds to Jacob Blake’s back and three entrance wounds to his left side (flank).
 Officer Sheskey stated that he fired shots until Jacob Blake dropped the knife. Noble Wray explained this is consistent with law enforcement training where officers are instructed to continue shooting until they stop the threat.

Conclusion?

skysports-wnba-mystics-jacob-blake_5078562.jpg
Jacob Blake was rightfully shot in that scenario as you described. The far left libs treated him as a martyr when he shouldn't have.

Please don't associate moderates like me or rational libs with this sort of nonsense deifying Jacob Blake.

Most of this country is on the same page on most issues but the extremely partisan media makes it seem like all Libs want to defund the police and all Pubs want black men to be hunted down on the streets.

Reactions: brooky03
Jacob Blake was rightfully shot in that scenario as you described. The far left libs treated him as a martyr when he shouldn't have.

Please don't associate moderates like me or rational libs with this sort of nonsense deifying Jacob Blake.

Most of this country is on the same page on most issues but the extremely partisan media makes it seem like all Libs want to defund the police and all Pubs want black men to be hunted down on the streets.

Do you consider Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and LeBron James as far left, irrational, libs? Do you think Black Lives Matter Global Network is far left and irrational?

You're not addressing the situation @brooky03 brought up at all. If a person attacks a neighbor with a bat injuring him but then resists arrest and starts running down the street, the cop shouldn't shoot the assailant dead at that point. He needs to try to chase down and tase that individual or call for backup to start a manhunt for the assailant.

You, @JimboBBN and @hailtoyourvictor hate criminals so much and they make all ya"ll blood boil to an extent where you're ok with cops just shooting them dead if they resist arrest at any point.

If this is incorrect, I apologize but that's how it comes across as. Even a drug dealer who has pending charges of assault and robbery deserves a chance to reform their life after serving time for their crimes.

I've been posting here awhile. Cite any criminal I thought deserved to be shot just for resisting at any point. One single case.

Reactions: GhostOf301
Does anybody in any profession or walk of life have the right to disrespect somebody like that without consequences? To me, it would be well within reason for anyone to think their personal safety was in danger and has a right to defend themselves.

The example I gave was non-threatening. They’re just swearing at the police officer, not making threats. Practically anything can be construed as disorderly conduct or some other vague, highly subjective, low-level charge.

Officers choose when and when not to apply those laws that are intentionally vague. I don’t think it would be excellent judgement for officers to make it a policy to arrest people for calling them names. A brief search shows that courts traditionally do not find arrests to be appropriate for officers not liking how somebody is talking to them.

The more latitude law enforcement is provided to arrest or fine people for words they say, the less American we become.

Have any of these famous people who talked out of their asses without caring about the details of the situation come back and changed their stances? Like, I spoke too soon and it turns out the officers did attempt non lethal force unsuccessfully and did what they were given no choice but to do to protect themselves and the children.?? Something like that?
Nah, they're too stubborn and possibly busy to go back and address their previous stances on Twitter.

We need to teach our children to stop glorifying the public images of celebrities and athletes. They could act and believe differently in private too when endorsements, sponsorships and their brand image aren't on the line.

Someone's role model should be someone they're intimately aware of in their own personal lives.

I've been posting here awhile. Cite any criminal I thought deserved to be shot just for resisting at any point. One single case.

Weren’t you in favor of Rayshard Brooks being shot for pointing a spent taser at the officer while running away?

You're not addressing the situation @brooky03 brought up at all. If a person attacks a neighbor with a bat injuring him but then resists arrest and starts running down the street, the cop shouldn't shoot the assailant dead at that point. He needs to try to chase down and tase that individual or call for backup to start a manhunt for the assailant.

You, @JimboBBN and @hailtoyourvictor hate criminals so much and they make all ya"ll blood boil to an extent where you're ok with cops just shooting them dead if they resist arrest at any point.

If this is incorrect, I apologize but that's how it comes across as. Even a drug dealer who has pending charges of assault and robbery deserves a chance to reform their life after serving time for their crimes.
I am not okay with cops just shooting people dead. Don't apologize for being wrong when you're just being a lazy dickhead by making those assertions in the first place. That said, this scenario is very rare and greatly exaggerated in an effort to divide us. His stupid hypothetical was only to distract from the on going conversation and change the subject matter to something more to his liking. The whole thing is about what percentage of responsibility falls on the criminal whether the officer is just or unjust. You and him say zero. Which is bat shit crazy. But that's a liberal in a nutshell so...

Does anybody in any profession or walk of life have the right to disrespect somebody like that without consequences? To me, it would be well within reason for anyone to think their personal safety was in danger and has a right to defend themselves.
If I disrespect and cuss out my management team at work, then I risk my employment being terminated and potentially being blackballed in that particular industry.

Those are the consequences. I shouldn't be arrested or physically attacked for hurling verbal insults at others.

I am not okay with cops just shooting people dead. Don't apologize for being wrong when you're just being a lazy dickhead by making those assertions in the first place. That said, this scenario is very rare and greatly exaggerated in an effort to divide us. His stupid hypothetical was only to distract from the on going conversation and change the subject matter to something more to his liking. The whole thing is about what percentage of responsibility falls on the criminal whether the officer is just or unjust. You and him say zero. Which is bat shit crazy. But that's a liberal in a nutshell so...

We don’t say zero, though. That’s where you’re losing us.

Weren’t you in favor of Rayshard Brooks being shot for pointing a spent taser at the officer while running away?
I don't think he was in favor. I think, like myself, he understood where in a split second situation after a struggle and the sound of the taser going off, it could be understandable for that officer to feel his life was threatened. At that second. He didn't have the luxury of seeing replays over and over.

Very incorrect and not even sure if it dignifies a response

I don't think he was in favor. I think, like myself, he understood where in a split second situation after a struggle and the sound of the taser going off, it could be understandable for that officer to feel his life was threatened. At that second. He didn't have the luxury of seeing replays over and over.

He knew the taser missed, he knew it was spent, he knew Brooks was unarmed other than the taser, he knew Brooks was running away.

He brought his weapon up to fire after the taser had clearly missed, not simultaneously. It would be dubious for the officer to claim in the heat of the moment that he wasn’t aware of those facts. I’m sure that’s his defense, and qualified immunity will likely protect him (or has, idk the status of the case).

Disclaimer that I guess is somehow necessary: Brooks shouldn’t have driven drunk, shouldn’t have resisted arrest, shouldn’t have taken and fired the taser, is partially responsible for the situation resulting the way it did.

He knew the taser missed, he knew it was spent, he knew Brooks was unarmed other than the taser, he knew Brooks was running away.

He brought his weapon up to fire after the taser had clearly missed, not simultaneously. It would be dubious for the officer to claim in the heat of the moment that he wasn’t aware of those facts. I’m sure that’s his defense, and qualified immunity will likely protect him (or has, idk the status of the case).

Disclaimer that I guess is somehow necessary: Brooks shouldn’t have driven drunk, shouldn’t have resisted arrest, shouldn’t have taken and fired the taser, is partially responsible for the situation resulting the way it did.
You were there. So you would know.

We said we have no expectations of good behavior from criminals in the process of committing bad behavior. Which is not in the realm of what you are saying we’re saying.
Not what you said. Not what the question you answered was about.

Partially??? ehh. I would say mostly responsible. He created the ENTIRE situation.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

He said “just resisting”. Brooks wasn’t just resisting. He fought with cops and stole their weapon and the turned around with said stolen weapon in hand.

Partially??? ehh. I would say mostly responsible. He created the ENTIRE situation.
I still am not fully comfortable saying that it was a justifiable shooting. Mainly because you don't ever want to see someone shot from behind. There's just too much more than that in this case, though. One thing I am fully comfortable in saying is that there is absolutely nothing to support race being a factor or that the officer hunted Brooks.

Reactions: toonces11

It sounds like we agree that it was more than just resisting arrest

I still am not fully comfortable saying that it was a justifiable shooting. Mainly because you don't ever want to see someone shot from behind. There's just too much more than that in this case, though. One thing I am fully comfortable in saying is that there is absolutely nothing to support race being a factor or that the officer hunted Brooks.
Oh, I totally agree with that and understand the point of view.

Reactions: GhostOf301
If some smart ass hadn’t invented tasers Brooks wouldn’t have had a weapon to try and steal from the cop and use. The inventor of tasers deserves at least partial blame.

If some smart ass hadn’t invented tasers Brooks wouldn’t have had a weapon to try and steal from the cop and use. The inventor of tasers deserves at least partial blame.

If the devil didn’t invent alcohol he wouldn’t have been driving drunk. Thanks, devil

You both literally said zero.
Are you being dense on purpose? We're telling you that the reality of the situation is that a career criminal or someone with a lengthy history of breaking the law is more likely than a law abiding citizen to do something stupid with regards to disobeying or scuffling with a police officer.

That's not an outcome we're cheering for but we acknowledge that's the reality so we have to be prepared to handle it.

@brooky03 and I expect these individuals to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law once arrested and for justice to be served.

@brooky03 and I do not think its ok for a police officer to take matters into their own hands and punish who they deem to be a "POS" by trying to kill or seriously injure them at the first sign of resistance unless its in a direct act of self defense or to save another citizen's lives. We have a justice system in place for a reason.

If you hate career petty criminals with a burning passion and want bullets in all their heads, then you're advocating for a far more heavy handed punishment than what our justice system deems appropriate.

Are you being dense on purpose? We're telling you that the reality of the situation is that a career criminal or someone with a lengthy history of breaking the law is more likely than a law abiding citizen to do something stupid with regards to disobeying or scuffling with a police officer.

That's not an outcome we're cheering for but we acknowledge that's the reality so we have to be prepared to handle it.

@brooky03 and I expect these individuals to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law once arrested and for justice to be served.

@brooky03 and I do not think its ok for a police officer to take matters into their own hands and punish who they deem to be a "POS" by trying to kill or seriously injure them at the first sign of resistance unless its in a direct act of self defense or to save another citizen's lives. We have a justice system in place for a reason.

If you hate career petty criminals with a burning passion and want bullets in all their heads, then you're advocating for a far more heavy handed punishment than what our justice system deems appropriate.
Take your ass back to the covid thread at tMB, clown.

Still waiting for an example of any shooting that I supported where a person was just resisting arrest.

Do you consider Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and LeBron James as far left, irrational, libs? Do you think Black Lives Matter Global Network is far left and irrational?

I wonder if she reads the message board

"If you said that you were signing up for this dangerous job, right, and part of that dangerous job is that you are not supposed to be afraid because part of that job is that people might try and f---ing kill you, that's what you're signing up for, is potential death," she said. "That's what you signed up for."
Such bullshit. But this is the social environment that the libs have created. Thanks libs.

Assaulting a cop is more than just resisting arrest.

Stealing a cops weapon is more than just resisting arrest.

Doing both is definitely more than just resisting arrest.

He didn’t deserve to be shot.

I suspect that a police shooting wherein the perp satisfies your definition of resisting arrest - in a manner that shouldn’t get somebody shot - is very narrowly and specifically defined. Any real world example will not meet your requirements because no real world example will be perfect.

There won’t be a situation where the criminal politely said, “No thank you, sir, I won’t let you arrest me”, then walks away calmly and gets shot in the neck.

I’d bet the closest you’d come is that female officer who accidentally shot the guy trying to flee in his car. You might point to that one as evidence that you look at these situations objectively.

Reactions: bignish
He didn’t deserve to be shot.

I suspect that a police shooting wherein the perp satisfies your definition of resisting arrest - in a manner that shouldn’t get somebody shot - is very narrowly and specifically defined. Any real world example will not meet your requirements because no real world example will be perfect.

There won’t be a situation where the criminal politely said, “No thank you, sir, I won’t let you arrest me”, then walks away calmly and gets shot in the neck.

There’s a plenty wide range between accepting being arrested and punching the cop in his face and stealing his weapon. I don’t consider punching a cop in the face and stealing his weapon “just resisting”.

ADVERTISEMENT