ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

274166948_695465458129388_4326719279802126182_n.jpg

And is it any surprise that the lefts number one media puppet CNN, who pushed every progressive ideal, who couldn’t speak a word without trump names in it….is crumbling to the ground.
Is it a surprise that the fear-mongering, truth bending, hate-based right wing network, Fox News, is doing well?

I wonder why there were so many outages at multiple Canadian banks yesterday afternoon? Are banks worried that people are going to take their money out and invest in cryptocurrency?

• Wow
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’ll never understand the Obama hate
He was really divisive. Don't think anyone thinks he wasn't a smart guy or well spoken or qualified. Some of the stuff he said in regards to republicans or views that challenged his came off as smug and arrogant. Things that lefties killed Trump for when he became president.

Reactions: GhostOf301
None. I get the synopsis from my mother in law.

You're not even getting the information firsthand. Sounds like you're perfectly qualified to judge the network.

That would be a pretty niche thing to worry about, no?

Speculative, of course. But, it does seem odd that so many outages occurred in the afternoon of multiple Canadian banks.

How much Fox News do you watch?
Watching fox news, I remember hearing the anchors say things like, electing Trump is electing Putin. Ladies, go get your abortions now. How can we raise daughters in a country run by Trump. We'll be in the middle of WWIII by Trump's 2nd year. Trump winning the election is the beginning of the end of our democracy. And much more lunacy from 2016 throughout his presidency. And then they blab their mouths about how January 6th was some coordinated effort to overthrow the government by armed insurrectionists. Lol. Saying that it was basically Pearl Harbor and 9/11. That was all fox news, right?

You're not even getting the information firsthand. Sounds like you're perfectly qualified to judge the network.

Speculative, of course. But, it does seem odd that so many outages occurred in the afternoon of multiple Canadian banks.

When my family moved, we moved my in-laws in with us at a townhouse while we looked for a house. Fox News was on all the time. I currently watch zero cable network news. In my life, I’ve seen hundreds of hours more of Fox News than any others. They’re fear-mongerers. They often don’t report truthfully, by design. They run more negative segments than positive segments. Instead of pointing to what Republicans are doing well, they point to what Democrats are doing poorly; probably at a 4:1 ratio. The inaccurate and downright false narratives that my MIL regurgitates come straight from Fox News.

CNN is bad. MSNBC is bad. Fox News is bad. I don’t think anybody should be arguing that. It’s just obnoxious that people act like CNN is the pinnacle of trash. They have company.

Watching fox news, I remember hearing the anchors say things like, electing Trump is electing Putin. Ladies, go get your abortions now. How can we raise daughters in a country run by Trump. We'll be in the middle of WWIII by Trump's 2nd year. Trump winning the election is the beginning of the end of our democracy. And much more lunacy from 2016 throughout his presidency. And then they blab their mouths about how January 6th was some coordinated effort to overthrow the government by armed insurrectionists. Lol. Saying that it was basically Pearl Harbor and 9/11. That was all fox news, right?

You recognize that Fox News doesn’t report truthfully and is a mouth piece of the Republican Party, yes? You recognize that they spearhead baseless attacks against Republican opponents, yes? You recognize that they deliberately shared misinformation about COVID, knowingly, yes?

I’ve acknowledged the bias of CNN and MSNBC numerous times. I’m just curious if you are able to recognize the bias and sham reporting of Fox or if you are blind to it.

This is true. But there's more.

Btw, poor leadership goes much farther back than the last two presidents. Outside of a few situational moments, Obama and Bush were terrible leaders. Both ahead of Trump and Biden. But both terrible. I would put Bush as the most interesting person of the four. Would like to pick his brain.
Obama and Bush at least held a Presidential standard though they both were flawed in many aspects. The clown show that’s occurred the last 5-6 years is inexplicable and an embarrassment to American politics in general.

Haha right. Liberal networks have gone off the rails plenty of times.

You recognize that Fox News doesn’t report truthfully and is a mouth piece of the Republican Party, yes? You recognize that they spearhead baseless attacks against Republican opponents, yes? You recognize that they deliberately shared misinformation about COVID, knowingly, yes?

I’ve acknowledged the bias of CNN and MSNBC numerous times. I’m just curious if you are able to recognize the bias and sham reporting of Fox or if you are blind to it.
Lol. At you. A lot.

What deliberate misinformation did they spread? I seem to remember watching Trump, Fauci and Birx every day press conference. That is from the horse's mouth.

Obama and Bush at least held a Presidential standard though they both were flawed in many aspects. The clown show that’s occurred the last 5-6 years is inexplicable and an embarrassment to American politics in general.
I'm not disagreeing a lot with you here. But presidential standard is a flawed view. Trump had many flaws that kept him from being a successful president. Assisted, of course by the resistance he received. But not being presidential was not a concern of mine. Especially when you consider how many lives are taken and/or destroyed by the many presidents who were presidential. The standard needs to change a lot, IMO. More people from outside the political elite need to step forward. Preferably someone with tact, of course.

Exactly

Reactions: UL_1986
What deliberate misinformation did they spread? I seem to remember watching Trump, Fauci and Birx every day press conference. That is from the horse's mouth.
When people say "covid misinformation", they shouldn't be engaged. Especially seeing how many so called conspiracy theories or "misinformation" from a year ago are known to be true today. It's just yet another talking point he gets from the outlets he doesn't get his news from.

When my family moved, we moved my in-laws in with us at a townhouse while we looked for a house. Fox News was on all the time. I currently watch zero cable network news. In my life, I’ve seen hundreds of hours more of Fox News than any others. They’re fear-mongerers. They often don’t report truthfully, by design. They run more negative segments than positive segments. Instead of pointing to what Republicans are doing well, they point to what Democrats are doing poorly; probably at a 4:1 ratio. The inaccurate and downright false narratives that my MIL regurgitates come straight from Fox News.

CNN is bad. MSNBC is bad. Fox News is bad. I don’t think anybody should be arguing that. It’s just obnoxious that people act like CNN is the pinnacle of trash. They have company.

Yes. They're in it for ratings, of course. That's what all the networks do. How much information can you really pack into a 5 minute segment? Can't really cover both sides of the issue very well with time constraints. That's why I think podcasts are becoming more popular. Don't have to cram everything in before you're cut off. You can openly look at why people see things differently. Nuance is lost with cable news networks.

Canada is using the act put in place to combat Al Qeada after 9/11 on its citizens who are protesting and supporting the protests against the government's rule. Bush's patriot act gives the United States the same authority. I don't care whether you agree with the Canadian protests or not. If you truly stand for democracy, you should vehemently disagree with how the Canadian government is handling it. And you should be against the way they view people who make a personal choice not to get vaccinated. We hear similar things from our leaders, but not to the extent that Trudeau takes it.

When people say "covid misinformation", they shouldn't be engaged. Especially seeing how many so called conspiracy theories or "misinformation" from a year ago are known to be true today. It's just yet another talking point he gets from the outlets he doesn't get his news from.

Congrats on using so many words and yet not approaching a sensible thought.

I'm not disagreeing a lot with you here. But presidential standard is a flawed view. Trump had many flaws that kept him from being a successful president. Assisted, of course by the resistance he received. But not being presidential was not a concern of mine. Especially when you consider how many lives are taken and/or destroyed by the many presidents who were presidential. The standard needs to change a lot, IMO. More people from outside the political elite need to step forward. Preferably someone with tact, of course.
I agree, but I’d like a more political forward background from middle of the road candidates who are younger than said candidates who are running. I think both of us are tired of seeing these geriatric olds up there who can’t relate to the rest of the nation.

I agree, but I’d like a more political forward background from middle of the road candidates who are younger than said candidates who are running. I think both of us are tired of seeing these geriatric olds up there who can’t relate to the rest of the nation.
There is a fine line. You and I are definitely on different sides of that line. To be frank, the ideas from the next generation of progressives are quite terrifying. In a general sense, not literally terrifying. But to be honest, I don't even know what the next generation of conservatives focus on.

Day 3 of their martial law. Tow truck drivers being threatened with imprisonment for not towing trucks. Police chiefs resigning because they can't get the majority of their cops to play dictators. Looks like Trudeau has some decisions to make.

Day 3 of their martial law. Tow truck drivers being threatened with imprisonment for not towing trucks. Police chiefs resigning because they can't get the majority of their cops to play dictators. Looks like Trudeau has some decisions to make.

The number of vehicles involved in the blockades has dropped dramatically (90% in Ottawa). It appears that he made his decision and it’s working.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT