ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

Chalk me up as a German 3rd generation on my mom's side, 2nd Generation on my dad's side. That's not counting my great grandparents's and grandparents' as generations. I know. Nazi. But my grandfather on my dad's side got his and his sister's citizenship by fighting against the German nazis in the US Army. Also fought in Japan.

Either way, wish me luck. Headed out to our grand opening.

My family has a Nazi Civil Service medal that’s been passed down. Origins are unclear. I assume it was for rounding up Jews.

Bay Area legend. Though these honkys scared of a little poo. Bish ass hoes.
Life is...., along with DJ Magic Mike, Nemesis, Bass Patrol, Techmaster was all go to music for show trucks and hitting the low lows. Throw in some Luke Skywalker for good measure. Fun times.

Had a friend named Cedric who lived a half mile or so up the road, and he said my shit was vibrating his bed. I didn't believe him but he told me the song I was playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
7de67fe18e3753e88ed4f2d3dd5b2a9c.jpg

Speaking of Bay Area, I’ll be there 3 days next week. Anything I should try to go see/do?
Go to Delores Park in the mission. Great place to see the skyline and smoke a joint. Grab a burrito at Taqueria El Farolito. Check out Japantown (underrated food and scenery) if you go north in SF, it’s the fishermans wharf and there’s a lotta cool shit to see there. Haight street is always fun, especially the horseshoe that enters golden gate park.

If you need some top notch herb, go to Green Door dispensary. San Francisco has some of the best food in the US, and it’s not at all expensive, ya just gotta go to the right spots. Another favorite of mine was Al’s Place and La taqueria, and sons and daughters in Nob Hill. Check out a giants game in the Soma neighborhood at AT&T park. Bay Area sports vibe is unlike any other city. Alt of passion for even baseball. Also check out the Castro, it’s pretty great. There’s live music every night essentially all over the city.

Try to avoid the tenderloin neighborhood, filled with junkies and prostitutes. However, great Indian and Paki foods lol. Not even joking.

Most of the people on this board probably have never been to sf so they regurgitate Fox News telling you how bad and scary it is lol. Poor fellers. You’ll have a good time. Def check out the mission though.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: brooky03
Go to Delores Park in the mission. Great place to see the skyline and smoke a joint. Grab a burrito at Taqueria El Farolito. Check out Japantown (underrated food and scenery) if you go north in SF, it’s the fishermans wharf and there’s a lotta cool shit to see there. Haight street is always fun, especially the horseshoe that enters golden gate park.

If you need some top notch herb, go to Green Door dispensary. San Francisco has some of the best food in the US, and it’s not at all expensive, ya just gotta go to the right spots. Another favorite of mine was Al’s Place and La taqueria, and sons and daughters in Nob Hill. Check out a giants game in the Soma neighborhood at AT&T park. Bay Area sports vibe is unlike any other city. Alt of passion for even baseball. Also check out the Castro, it’s pretty great. There’s live music every night essentially all over the city.

Try to avoid the tenderloin neighborhood, filled with junkies and prostitutes. However, great Indian and Paki foods lol. Not even joking.

Most of the people on this board probably have never been to sf so they regurgitate Fox News telling you how bad and scary it is lol. Poor fellers. You’ll have a good time. Def check out the mission though.

Thanks for this tips! Food recommendations are always welcome. I hate traveling for work and defaulting to chain restaurants because I don’t know what local places are good. I get $75 for dinner so I like to capitalize.

I’ll be in San Jose one of the days, then the north side of LA for a few days, too (Santa Clarita, Pasadena, Calabasas, San Fernando), if you have familiarity with that area.

Last edited:
Thanks for this tips! Food recommendations are always welcome. I hate traveling for work and defaulting to chain restaurants because I don’t know what local places are good. I get $75 for dinner so I like to capitalize.

I’ll be in San Jose one of the days, then the north side of LA for a few days, too (Santa Clarita, Pasadena, Calabasas, San Fernando), if you have familiarity with that area.
Check out the spots I told you in Frisco for sure. It’s about 45 to an hour from San Jose. I’m not too familiar with Southern California though. Spent a majority of my time in the Bay. (Richmond, Oakland, Berkeley and SF)

Check out the spots I told you in Frisco for sure. It’s about 45 to an hour from San Jose. I’m not too familiar with Southern California though. Spent a majority of my time in the Bay. (Richmond, Oakland, Berkeley and SF)

I’ll probably hit up Delores Park right after I land.

Last edited:
Pretty sure we are gonna make the move to Florida. Next year in all likelihood. Just to much $$$ to walk away from. If course money is not everything, and there are cons to moving. But hard to find to many. What you dudes think? My kids are grown...wifes are grown. My son though is expecting his first child in March---which would be my first, BLOOD grandchild. I would be leaving behind all my connecgtions with umpiring/officaiting,and basically starting over. BUT.....3 local HS coaches saw me work, and was like---Youd have no problem getting yourself establish. I've reached out to the region assignor for college as well.

TOugh decision. But, I mean, the $$$. And of course, well, the location.

Pretty sure we are gonna make the move to Florida. Next year in all likelihood. Just to much $$$ to walk away from. If course money is not everything, and there are cons to moving. But hard to find to many. What you dudes think? My kids are grown...wifes are grown. My son though is expecting his first child in March---which would be my first, BLOOD grandchild. I would be leaving behind all my connecgtions with umpiring/officaiting,and basically starting over. BUT.....3 local HS coaches saw me work, and was like---Youd have no problem getting yourself establish. I've reached out to the region assignor for college as well.

I say go for it. I've loved moving around and if you're not tied down, go for it. You can always Skype/facetime with loved ones. Might be fun, might be the worst decision ever. Probably be fun either way. One life.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I say go for it. I've loved moving around and if you're not tied down, go for it. You can always Skype/facetime with loved ones. Might be fun, might be the worst decision ever. Probably be fun either way. One life.
Facts.....Lot of discussion needed. Wifes parents are in their late 70's---father getting worse from his stroke. Her mom , with the stress of her husbands stroke, is taking its toll. So thats a huge concern---Though we thought about moving them down there with us. Its a great opportunity my firend. It really is. BUT.....well, its 700 miles from home. All my officiating connections are here. And thats very important to me.

One day, its an easy decision...The next---not so much. Again----the $$$.

@IUfanBorden sounds like you have a lot to consider. As someone who hasn't made many, if any big moves, I may not be the best to give advice on it. But at your age (dusty farts) if you can earn more money, pay less taxes and have a beach within your daily range, why not? Family is important to you, I am sure. But it should never keep you from reaching for something bigger for you and your wife.

You will be in a hurricane hot-spot. That is also something you should consider when you're making your decision. We deal with hurricanes a lot here. It is worth it for me, but I have also seen a lot of friends leave because they were tired of it. We may get more here than in the panhandle of Florida. But it's been a rough few years for them down there.

@IUfanBorden sounds like you have a lot to consider. As someone who hasn't made many, if any big moves, I may not be the best to give advice on it. But at your age (dusty farts) if you can earn more money, pay less taxes and have a beach within your daily range, why not? Family is important to you, I am sure. But it should never keep you from reaching for something bigger for you and your wife.

You will be in a hurricane hot-spot. That is also something you should consider when you're making your decision. We deal with hurricanes a lot here. It is worth it for me, but I have also seen a lot of friends leave because they were tired of it. We may get more here than in the panhandle of Florida. But it's been a rough few years for them down there.
Appreciate the response/advice. The one BIG positive, is how much better health wise it was for my wife. She had very little issues with her breathing...I mean like almost none. It seemed to do her a ton of good.

Hurricane hot -spot? Does that area get hit a lot---Ft. Walton, etc, etcc? TBH, I never thought of that aspect.

The money difference is huge. And at 49, I could damn near douible our retirement, in 2/3 years. I've looked at properties. Surprised at the low cost, TBH. Saw a 1 BR condo, all amenities(washer/dryer, kitchen appliances), basically on the beach....$1500 a month. I was like===wow. And even if I didn't take the gig, I'd still make more money, just umpiring. A lot more.

So you add it up----Wife's health+$$$+ loaction, and man its hard not to go. On the flip side, its a complete life changing move...We know absolutely no one...And its not like we can jump on the car, and go visit fam/friends. The unknowns are a lot. Learning a new area/city. Of course, mt HS/College connections....How does Florida run HS sports, hiring.....Can I work my way into the college scene...What do I do with my offer, working in the OVC?

Lots to consider.

Appreciate the response/advice. The one BIG positive, is how much better health wise it was for my wife. She had very little issues with her breathing...I mean like almost none. It seemed to do her a ton of good.

Hurricane hot -spot? Does that area get hit a lot---Ft. Walton, etc, etcc? TBH, I never thought of that aspect.

The money difference is huge. And at 49, I could damn near douible our retirement, in 2/3 years. I've looked at properties. Surprised at the low cost, TBH. Saw a 1 BR condo, all amenities(washer/dryer, kitchen appliances), basically on the beach....$1500 a month. I was like===wow. And even if I didn't take the gig, I'd still make more money, just umpiring. A lot more.

So you add it up----Wife's health+$$$+ loaction, and man its hard not to go. On the flip side, its a complete life changing move...We know absolutely no one...And its not like we can jump on the car, and go visit fam/friends. The unknowns are a lot. Learning a new area/city. Of course, mt HS/College connections....How does Florida run HS sports, hiring.....Can I work my way into the college scene...What do I do with my offer, working in the OVC?

Lots to consider.
JMO, don't let not knowing anyone deter you. You'll probably meet lifelong friends in a short about of time. Real recognizes real, and I know you two a bit and y'all are pretty awesome. I'd give the wife the edge for the gift and better taste in sports.

Go for it, why not.

ADVERTISEMENT