ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh

Quavarius

Aug 12, 2009
I’m keeping my eye on them this season. The fact that Capel nearly beat a ranked Iowa team on the road mean they may be more respectable than last year. Still a long way to go, but I was impressed (minus the last few minutes of the game).

Capel may win ACC COY and K hasn’t won it since 2000.

Says more about how overrated Iowa is imo. I’m not taking anything from that game other than that. Suitcase Capel can’t coach. SmokinSmile

Reactions: Cornicator
Make no mistake, this is not the same Pitt team from last year. 5 of their top 7 players are guys that are new to the program. 3 freshmen (all starting) coupled with two transfers (Ellison starts and Ndir is coming off the bench). I'm not sure they're an NCAA Tournament team, but they won't be a push-over like they were last year. Several of the guys can jump out of the gym (McGowens, Johnson, Ndir).

Last years team couldn't shoot or defend - and they had very limited athletic ability. This team is much, much better. I think they could win 17-20 games this year, maybe an NIT bid. Would be cool to see them make the dance, though, after going 0-18 in the ACC last year.

I watched quite a bit of it. I didn't think Pittsburgh looked that good and thought Iowa looked ever worse outside of making a few threes. They will definitely be better than last year though.

I watched quite a bit of it. I didn't think Pittsburgh looked that good and thought Iowa looked ever worse outside of making a few threes. They will definitely be better than last year though.
Believe they've already won more games this season than they did last year. And yeah Iowa blows as usual.

Believe they've already won more games this season than they did last year. And yeah Iowa blows as usual.

Yeah, I think the Capel hire, at least so far, is looking like it at least could pay off. That is a lot better than they ever would have been keeping Stallings.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
PITT is improved, but Iowa's ranking right now is absurd. They're getting a lot of early traction for beating an Oregon team which just lost to Texas Southern.

PITT is improved, but Iowa's ranking right now is absurd. They're getting a lot of early traction for beating an Oregon team which just lost to Texas Southern.

This, honestly. I think a high 20's might be a better rating, or not in the top 25 at all. Iowa is an improved team over last year, so far, but being ranked 14th is a joke. We just don't have the guard quickness that we need, either to defend other quick guards, or to make plays late in the shot clock on offense.

Still should be a relatively decent Iowa team, hopefully they'll be better than a bubble team, but I also don't see them as anything better than the 6th or 7th team in the B1G.

Havent watched them but just checking box scores they are definitely better than last year. Wouldn't be surprised if they win in Morgantown in a few weeks, our team appears to be a clusterf&^k and one that a young up and coming team is going to be very motivated to beat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT