ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Story behind your rivals name...

Used to be “KYtotheCore”, but somehow got vacuumed into the fb board’s great purge of posters. Decided this time around I was just going with something temporary sounding in case they caught on to my inevitable return.

I go by a different name on other boards but the name here……heart bleeds blue, Laettners number was 32. Checks out

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
maxresdefault.jpg

Trivia​

• American hard rock band Creed was the main inspiration for Faith + 1, being a band that achieved mainstream success for connecting with Christian audiences. The episode in itself is somewhat of a mockery of Creed, having been viewed by the public as a band that capitalized on Christianity by making "the easiest, crappiest music in the world". Faith + 1's implosion during Cartman's myrrh album ceremony could also be a reference to Creed's infamously awful performance at AllState Stadium Chicago, which served as the catalyst for the band's initial demise in 2004.
@JimboBBN is a huge fan of Creed.

Last edited:

Trivia​

• American hard rock band Creed was the main inspiration for Faith + 1, being a band that achieved mainstream success for connecting with Christian audiences. The episode in itself is somewhat of a mockery of Creed, having been viewed by the public as a band that capitalized on Christianity by making "the easiest, crappiest music in the world". Faith + 1's implosion during Cartman's myrrh album ceremony could also be a reference to Creed's infamously awful performance at AllState Stadium Chicago, which served as the catalyst for the band's initial demise in 2004.
They’re on my workout playlist

Middle name is James. Part of BBN

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
At Bama our bb teams were mediocre at best. Football took center stage by a wide margin. So when we started getting better I wanted the football guys to know we were winning too.
I love the football program but I'm all basketball and been a season ticket holder for over 25 years.

Trivia​

Speaking of Bands....Years ago---many years ago. Buddy of mine took me to a bar in Louisville to listen to his buddies play---Toy Tiger. Sounded decent. Cool dudes. Regular guys. Couple of them worked construction. After the sets, we sat around, then went to an after party. One of the dudes handed me a "CD", and said---"Might wanna hold onto this----We're gonna be big.

Sure. Tossed it out the window.

Band was called Days of the New.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Speaking of Bands....Years ago---many years ago. Buddy of mine took me to a bar in Louisville to listen to his buddies play---Toy Tiger. Sounded decent. Cool dudes. Regular guys. Couple of them worked construction. After the sets, we sat around, then went to an after party. One of the dudes handed me a "CD", and said---"Might wanna hold onto this----We're gonna be big.

So even if they had made it big you could’ve sold a CD for like $10? What a windfall!

So even if they had made it big you could’ve sold a CD for like $10? What a windfall!
Meh.....I'd say more than that. This was a homemade version, of sorts. They were making music out their garage's in Podunk , southern Indiana.

TBH, they did pretty good. Then problems hit. Travis(Meeks) was a mucial genius. Unreal. Unfortunately, substance abuse took over.

Not really about what the CD could have been worth---Not even the point. Just how we react to someone saying they are gonna make it big----And then, well, they do.

Meh.....I'd say more than that. This was a homemade version, of sorts. They were making music out their garage's in Podunk , southern Indiana.

TBH, they did pretty good. Then problems hit. Travis(Meeks) was a mucial genius. Unreal. Unfortunately, substance abuse took over.

Not really about what the CD could have been worth---Not even the point. Just how we react to someone saying they are gonna make it big----And then, well, they do.
Man, seems like way too many of the good ones have substance abuse issues and sadly, many pass way before their time. Who knows how much amazing music we’ve missed out on because of it. That just makes it that much more impressive for the bands that have endured for 30, 40, 50 years. The grind of touring all the time plus studio time while not touring would be enough to drive anyone insane.

My handle is just a riff on Boilers, but with an edgier spelling.

After I did it, I told my cousin Jay about it and he asked if he could do that too. I said why not. It’s not like he will amount anything.

Man, seems like way too many of the good ones have substance abuse issues and sadly, many pass way before their time. Who knows how much amazing music we’ve missed out on because of it. That just makes it that much more impressive for the bands that have endured for 30, 40, 50 years. The grind of touring all the time plus studio time while not touring would be enough to drive anyone insane.
Amazingly, Keith and Iggy survived through it all.

5a745681466ef8881e0053a50ba3fbcc.jpg

Listened to them in high school back in the day.

ADVERTISEMENT