ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon implicated in Bribery Trial

Defense attorney for Gatto so far. Summary.

-Nassir Little was offered 150k by Arizona. Gatto was asked to match for Miami to level the playing field. Request to match not made by Miami staff or anyone associated with university.

-Silvio De Sousa offered 20k by Under Armour to choose Maryland. Gatto asked to match that.

-Brian Bowen offered astronomical number my Oregon. Gatto asked to match it for Louisville.

-Nassir Little was offered 150k by Arizona. Gatto was asked to match for Miami to level the playing field. Request to match not made by Miami staff or anyone associated with university.

-Silvio De Sousa offered 20k by Under Armour to choose Maryland. Gatto asked to match that.

-Brian Bowen offered astronomical number my Oregon. Gatto asked to match it for Louisville.
Nassir Little’s AAU coach was offered money to try & get him to sign. I believe it’s been proven that Little & his parents had no involvement.

Nassir Little’s AAU coach was offered money to try & get him to sign. I believe it’s been proven that Little & his parents had no involvement.

Yeah it was Little's AAU coach offered money to level playing field. Preston's mother. Brian Bowen's father. And De Sousa's guardian. Those were the ones offered directly the money.

Yeah it was Little's AAU coach offered money to level playing field. Preston's mother. Brian Bowen's father. And De Sousa's guardian. Those were the ones offered directly the money.
I wasn’t sure about the rest & who was offered. I honestly haven’t kept up with it that much.

In shocking news the HC who tried to cover up his players being arrested for rape isn't playing by the rules

Under Armour RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh
tenor.gif

Any school mentioned should go full "cam newton" Just say dad got my money, all I got was Domino's coupon booklet. Screw the Ncaa

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Any school mentioned should go full "cam newton" Just say dad got my money, all I got was Domino's coupon booklet. Screw the Ncaa
They paid me but they paid my dad too... and he's just a regular dude, not an athlete, so we good. That's what they should say. :D

Reactions: kelley2403

Gatto and his team sounds like they’re reaching IMO.

Right now it seems like a guy about to go to prison just throwing around baseless allegations

Right now it seems like a guy about to go to prison just throwing around baseless allegations
Maybe, maybe not. I have a feeling a whole lot of people are going to be lying their asses off under oath before this thing is done. However, what they probably don't know is what kind of evidence (or lack of) the FBI has on them. I'm sure they'll drop those bombs one-by-one until the whole damn courtroom goes up in flames. Then again maybe they had to disclose everything they intend to use to the defense beforehand, I dunno. I am not a lawyer. :D Doesn't mean people they put on the stand won't spill some beans that were previously simmering in a covered pot.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Maybe, maybe not. I have a feeling a whole lot of people are going to be lying their asses off under oath before this thing is done. However, what they probably don't know is what kind of evidence (or lack of) the FBI has on them. I'm sure they'll drop those bombs one-by-one until the whole damn courtroom goes up in flames. Then again maybe they had to disclose everything they intend to use to the defense beforehand, I dunno. I am not a lawyer. :D Doesn't mean people they put on the stand won't spill some beans that were previously simmering in a covered pot.

If he had evidence that other people were doing what he alleged, I’m sure he wouldn’t hold it back. This seems like a desperate person throwing shit at a wall and Oregon is the target because of Nike

If he had evidence that other people were doing what he alleged, I’m sure he wouldn’t hold it back. This seems like a desperate person throwing shit at a wall and Oregon is the target because of Nike

Yes, because when I think about schools that are basketball royalty...Oregon is the first school that pops up. If all this was, is a situation of throwing mud and hoping it would stick....there's probably about 50 schools that would come to mind first imo. He would be going for Shock value with a name brand school. Not a west coast team that's known more for ugly uniforms then they are for winning. I'd be willing to bet that theres some decent evidence to back up the accusations.

Yes, because when I think about schools that are basketball royalty...Oregon is the first school that pops up. If all this was, is a situation of throwing mud and hoping it would stick....there's probably about 50 schools that would come to mind first imo. He would be going for Shock value with a name brand school. Not a west coast team that's known more for ugly uniforms then they are for winning. I'd be willing to bet that theres some decent evidence to back up the accusations.

He works for Adidas and went after Nike and then implicated the school with the most obvious ties to Nike. Maybe he left his evidence at home instead of bringing it to court...you would think he’d want to prove his accusations if he had any real evidence

He works for Adidas and went after Nike and then implicated the school with the most obvious ties to Nike. Maybe he left his evidence at home instead of bringing it to court...you would think he’d want to prove his accusations if he had any real evidence
I think that's wishful thinking from an Oregon fan. Unlikely that you're going to base your defense on a claim like that without some way to verify it. They're painting the picture that this is business as usual. I think Nike's poster boy is likely benefitting beyond just 100 ugly jerseys.

Brian Bowen Sr on the stand today. I think we'll get to hear the truth re: Oregon's offer. Someone might need to talk @duckboy33 off the ledge by the end of the day when he finds out his team plays dirty.

Brian Bowen Sr on the stand today. I think we'll get to hear the truth re: Oregon's offer. Someone might need to talk @duckboy33 off the ledge by the end of the day when he finds out his team plays dirty.

If there’s evidence, I’ll be the first to say punish Oregon. Has there been any evidence that’s been presented or just “hear say” from someone who’s about to land in jail if he doesn’t come up with a story

I think that's wishful thinking from an Oregon fan. Unlikely that you're going to base your defense on a claim like that without some way to verify it. They're painting the picture that this is business as usual. I think Nike's poster boy is likely benefitting beyond just 100 ugly jerseys.

My defense is simple, if someone is going to accuse others of cheating, they should have some evidence. It’s possible Oregon is cheating but right now it’s just the word of a likely criminal trying to justify his actions

My defense is simple, if someone is going to accuse others of cheating, they should have some evidence. It’s possible Oregon is cheating but right now it’s just the word of a likely criminal trying to justify his actions

Why would you say that Bowen was offered money in a case where Bowen was granted immunity and can speak with complete honesty without repercussion but will lose that immunity if he lies, unless you expect him to validate that claim? It would be extremely stupid of the defendants to base their defense on the idea that they were bidding for Bowen against Oregon when Bowen can just simple say "that's not true."

Extremely wishful thinking, IMO.

Said in the trial yesterday and I full heartedly agree this is the truth with almost every head coach and most coaching staffs at the major schools in college basketball. They have an idea of what is going on with their recruits but don't know the majority of it. They know it's probably happening but looking the other way. Allows for plausible deniability.

Why would you say that Bowen was offered money in a case where Bowen was granted immunity and can speak with complete honesty without repercussion but will lose that immunity if he lies, unless you expect him to validate that claim? It would be extremely stupid of the defendants to base their defense on the idea that they were bidding for Bowen against Oregon when Bowen can just simple say "that's not true."

Extremely wishful thinking, IMO.

Because he’s an adidas employee speaking about a case where adidas is being accused of cheating. He’s gonna want to make some rationale for why they did what they did. My guess is they are going to stick with the “we heard Oregon was offering money” line so they don’t have to provide any evidence.

I could be wrong but listen to how guys word their statements. They are being coached up

Because he’s an adidas employee speaking about a case where adidas is being accused of cheating. He’s gonna want to make some rationale for why they did what they did. My guess is they are going to stick with the “we heard Oregon was offering money” line so they don’t have to provide any evidence.

I could be wrong but listen to how guys word their statements. They are being coached up

I'm going to need you to turn off Oregon spin cycle for a moment and let this soak in. Again, all of that means dick when Brian Bowen Sr gives an honest testimony. Something they knew would happen when they said that.

Why base your entire defense on something that could be shattered by this interaction:

Lawyer: Did Oregon ever offer you money?
Brian Bowen Sr: No.
L: Did you ever give indication to the defendants that Oregon offered money?
BBS: No.

And De Sousa's brother to be employed at $170k per year

I'm going to need you to turn off Oregon spin cycle for a moment and let this soak in. Again, all of that means dick when Brian Bowen Sr gives an honest testimony. Something they knew would happen when they said that.

Why base your entire defense on something that could be shattered by this interaction:

Lawyer: Did Oregon ever offer you money?
Brian Bowen Sr: No.
L: Did you ever give indication to the defendants that Oregon offered money?
BBS: No.

Ok let me know when you have evidence and I’ll keep an open mind

Christian Dawkins is on tape claiming to have an offer from Oregon now. Dominos are falling.

Guessing you'll rationalize it as a negotiation tactic.

No. Are there any documents suggesting this? Texts? Phone calls?

Seriously, does this guy have any proof? From my understanding the bigger cases have actual proof of payments and offers. It’s possible Oregon did that but there’s no evidence at this point. Maybe there will be but until then, it’s just as credible as a twitter rumor

No. Are there any documents suggesting this? Texts? Phone calls?

Seriously, does this guy have any proof? From my understanding the bigger cases have actual proof of payments and offers. It’s possible Oregon did that but there’s no evidence at this point. Maybe there will be but until then, it’s just as credible as a twitter rumor
It's a lot more credible than a Twitter rumor.

Your University isn't issuing statement for Twitter rumors. People are nervous.

It's a lot more credible than a Twitter rumor.

Your University isn't issuing statement for Twitter rumors. People are nervous.

It’s a twitter rumor in a court of law. We will wait and see if there’s anything to this

It’s a twitter rumor in a court of law. We will wait and see if there’s anything to this
It's a secret recording of an agent discussing your program offering money to a recruit entered into evidence of an FBI investigation. Twitter rumor. Yeah, right.

Reactions: kl40504
ADVERTISEMENT