ADVERTISEMENT

OK....What did everyone get?

Yep and yep. Im terrified and super excited. Pray for me.
You'll be fine....Just raise then as Hoosier fans---and all will be well...Winking

In seriousness........When help is offered---take it. Life has changed forever. My cousin had quads about 4-5 years ago, and shew.........But they survived. And they did so with HELP.

Point being---Don't be to prideful to accept heip. My step-son just had our 6th grand-baby. When we would offer to keep little bit, he seemed offended. So I asked. He responded--"Makes me feel as if you think I cannot handle it".

Nope. We've been there. Had help ourselves. He has came around.

Also, enjoy it. Every.single.Moment. Its a one time thing.

Did you see where my cousin had quads....???

Yep. That’s why I said that bit about no way could I handle two or three or more. Insanity. Just the costs... but beyond that... how the hell do you even handle feedings? Laundry? You need some serious support for that sort of thing. For years.

Yep. That’s why I said that bit about no way could I handle two or three or more. Insanity. Just the costs... but beyond that... how the hell do you even handle feedings? Laundry? You need some serious support for that sort of thing. For years.
THing is.....she already had two kids from a previous marriage. Go from a family of four--to EIGHT. Two kids, to SIX. As I said though, one passed. But they are still referred to as "the quads". Here's the articles:

https://www.newsandtribune.com/news...cle_5ab51ddc-fb04-5ef8-af59-3174274923ae.html
http://www.wave3.com/story/22971592/unexpected-delivery-adds-love-heartache-to-family-of-four
http://www.wave3.com/story/23651367/mccutcheon-multiples-are-finally-home

Not sure if I have them order. Cousin is a huge Big Blue fan. Great dude. He and the mother are no longer together. Pretty good read if you have the time.

It's in English, but it would be hilarious if it wasn't.

It is in English, although she does speak Spanish:)

A bit of a mess, though... they switched the theatre it was at, and cancelled the first three nights. So, goodbye awesome seat at opening night. No idea how they are handling it now... we are supposed to get an email tomorrow. Hotel already booked, airline tickets already paid for... really ****ing pissed and upset. My wife is honestly as good and honest and humble and hard working and loving a person as I’ve ever met, and she of all people deserved it. Furious about it. Hoping it works out:(

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Wife got me a new Xbox and some games. Haven't played in about 10 years, but I saw a commercial a week ago and mentioned I should get back into it. She got it for me. She's the best.

Got her a trip to the Florida Keys. Be there for 10 days. Any spots that are a must visit? First time in that part of Florida.

Reactions: Dward13
Shit man. Sorry to hear that. Wishing you and yours health and happiness and some prosperity in the new year. Usually dedication and hard work will get you there.

Appreciate it man! I’ve worked since I was 16 years old and I’ve had my kid and took care of him all his life. He’s a super good kid and even though he told me it was ok and he understood I could tell it killed him which in turn killed me. He turned 16 Dec 10th and he thought he was getting a Jeep (which he was until I lost my job) and that absolutely killed him but being the kid he is he told me it was ok and he could get one later on when we was better off financially. Life can be cruel sometimes!

A new pair of tennis shoes
Some new speakers for my pc
Just cause 4
A new ps4 controller
A hoodie
Cold weather water proof work pants
A new gaming mouse

Soft folks. I've been on this board for 10 years. Pretty sure folks know my personality. It was a joke. No different than the countless others on here; pertaining to "racism". But leave it to two board memebers to get their feelings hurt.

Oh, well.
Borden, you only have to explain yourself to me.

I don't know who is giving you grief, probably someone being ignored, but giving Borden grief is my department. You don't have to listen to their shit! Eyeroll

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Well if I’m being honest this was a pretty rough Christmas. Don’t wanna go into details but I lost my job two days before Thanksgiving (bullshit reason) and was told they would not fight me getting unemployment only to get a letter in the mail saying I had been denied benefits. Having to look at my kid and tell him there wouldn’t be much of a Christmas this year was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. Things could always be worse I guess. Hope everyone had a blessed holiday!!!
Sorry about that Scotty.

Good luck on the look for a new one.

Reactions: Scotty00

Yeah:). You have good family support? Like, anyone’s parents nearby?

And remember, your wife is going to be nuts for a while. Exhausted beyond any of our abilities to understand. Emotional. And keep an eye on her, in terms of post partum stuff... as the mate, you are often the person best equipped to notice it. And it’s not unusual for mothers to have a short term antidepressant for a while after birth, if it is particularly tough, so just keep that way in the back of your head.

Appreciate it man! I’ve worked since I was 16 years old and I’ve had my kid and took care of him all his life. He’s a super good kid and even though he told me it was ok and he understood I could tell it killed him which in turn killed me. He turned 16 Dec 10th and he thought he was getting a Jeep (which he was until I lost my job) and that absolutely killed him but being the kid he is he told me it was ok and he could get one later on when we was better off financially. Life can be cruel sometimes!

This might sound a bit weak, but sometimes these sorts of challenges end up helping people grow and get stronger in a way they wouldn’t have otherwise... so while it might suck for him now, my guess is that it will actually pay off for your son in the longer, more meaningful term. That make sense?

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK
Here is the quilt I got. As you guys can see, many UK shirts :) my momma was a smart lady.

3086BDFF-2152-4849-B853-A71F890A8C6A_zpsgp2cdlwa.jpeg

WOuld you feel better if it were a white dude?

Lighten up...
Uh. No. HECK no, which is the strongest language I'm ever allowed to use here. I gave a one sentence reply and left it the heck alone. I went on to post a reply to the question. That IS "lighten[ing] up." You want to make an issue of it now? I can go apocalyptic on this with you, if you can't STMLU and accept that you were already getting off easy.

Oh shut up....Jesus. It was a g*d d*mn joke. If you and Dat can't handle it, fcking move on. Bunch of fcking snowflakes.
This IS handling it. Head-on, straight-up, without the slightest reservation.

You shared a racist joke. You got called on it, but there was no pile on or belaboring it. Now you can't accept that that's as good as this will get for you after you shared a racist joke and want to push back, claiming we are the ones who can't handle it?

You really ought to quit while you're only this far behind.

Soft folks. I've been on this board for 10 years. Pretty sure folks know my personality. It was a joke. No different than the countless others on here; pertaining to "racism". But leave it to two board memebers to get their feelings hurt.

Oh, well.
It was a racist joke. The joke was racist. You shared a racist joke.

Calling you out for posting a racist joke because you were the one who posted the racist joke doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

The only reason this is being discussed further is because when I called you out for posting a racist joke, you refused to accept that the racist joke is indeed a racist joke and started throwing around insults at posters themselves. It's pretty obvious exactly whose feelings were hurt here, borden.

Congratulations! And congratulations!

A lot of that terrified feeling stems from wanting more than anything in your life to do something right, and you can't do it right all at once. I'd be more worried about the new parent who didn't seem aware of the responsibility of caring for and raising a child.

About a week after the birth of our first, my wife and I made the mistake of watching the movie "Traffic," where the new federal drug czar's daughter gets hooked on smack and ends up prostituting herself for a fix. My wife was making audible anguished noises while looking back and forth between the screen and our baby. So just remember that even if you could do all the things correctly (you can't, but try), you can't do them all at once. That reminder can help with the anxiety of worrying about the challenges of the future and refocusing on the challenges of the present.

Again, congratulations. And congratulations.

I got my husband an appointment with the urologist for March, but that's really a gift for myself..
Cash
A throw blanket with my brother's dog's mug on it, smh
Framed wall-poster of the Periodic Table
Small things from the boys..

Okay, I tried the nice way. I said I’d be done. But you needed the last word? Twice?

Borden; does it not occur to you, in even the deepest parts of your brain, that a black poster might log into the forums on Christmas morning or whatever, taking a moment away from the festivities and family, and see a Christmas thread in a place they consider an online “home,” and want to be part of the discussion (especially since it’s been all business since the season started), and open it up, and then, depending on what they’ve seen and done and gone through in their life, that they MIGHT frown and be like “Wtf?” and be a bit miffed?

So, because I am a basically considerate person, I would think of that, and refrain, because I wouldn’t want to be a dick, and posting that as your intro to a Christmas thread is more something a dick would do. I’d save that for a thread for off color memes or racist jokes or some similar back and forth.

Most decent people would have that same reaction.

Don’t act like you are a victim here... poor you. You posted it, and you even said, in that first post, something that indicated you knew it wasn’t just a nothing. And I’m not offended or being a snowflake; I am merely pointing out that I think it was uncalled for and sort of inconsiderate. That’s it.

So again, I hope we are done. Points made.

The old “I need to get the last word so I’ll criticize the other person for getting the last word in hopes he doesn’t try to get it.”

The ol' snip-snip? He'll thank you later.

He's been wanting it done since No. 3 was born, but he's married to his job and c/would never commit/agree to a time with his doc. Just before the Co. Christmas party, I went into his boss' office (we are all good friends) and told him that my husband would either need a week off in March or another $25k/year once the next baby happened.. we laughed and laughed, he told me to pick a week. :D

He's been wanting it done since No. 3 was born, but he's married to his job and c/would never commit/agree to a time with his doc. Just before the Co. Christmas party, I went into his boss' office (we are all good friends) and told him that my husband would either need a week off in March or another $25k/year once the next baby happened.. we laughed and laughed, he told me to pick a week. :D

It sucks short term, but it rocks after that;)

Borden be like

BriefDistantAoudad-size_restricted.gif
Not at all. It was a joke. Not one single regret. As I said. only two folks have commented on it. The rest have simply answered the question. No different than the countless "racism puns" made on here all the time. SOme, or well, TWO people, are just soft. Have to be in the defense all the time. Thank goodness they don't feel this way about white folks being made fun of, by numerous comedians, etc, etc...Man, they'd have it rough.

Bunch of vagina's..

Reactions: treyforuk
It was a racist joke. The joke was racist. You shared a racist joke.

Calling you out for posting a racist joke because you were the one who posted the racist joke doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

The only reason this is being discussed further is because when I called you out for posting a racist joke, you refused to accept that the racist joke is indeed a racist joke and started throwing around insults at posters themselves. It's pretty obvious exactly whose feelings were hurt here, borden.
Ok, there Mr. Politically correct. TWO people---You and your brother, The Dude, took issue. No one else. They all simply answered the question. What I said, or posted, was no different than the countless jabs(IN JEST), via "racism", that are made on here virtually all the time. But leave it to you, and your sidekick, to get your feelings hurt.

If it offended you that much, then maybe you should travel the board, and make your feelings known by responding to the 100's of "racist jokes" that have been made. Why just single out one post?

Yes, Dat, it was a racist joke. IN JEST. Nothing more. But that's not the reason its being discussed. It's being discussed b/c you took it literally. No with the "tongue-n-cheek gesture it was..

SOFT.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Op I like you but that meme is racist. Just say I’m from Indiana and I like racist jokes and everybody will understand.

ADVERTISEMENT