ADVERTISEMENT

OK....What did everyone get?

I might post a picture later, but my aunt got me a special made quilt made of my mom's t-shirts throughout the years. It was probably the most special gift I've ever gotten. I definitely teared up when I saw it, it was the hardest Christmas I've ever had with her not being there to give me a hug or wish me a Merry Christmas. I hope everyone enjoyed a safe holiday with the people they love.

I might post a picture later, but my aunt got me a special made quilt made of my mom's t-shirts throughout the years. It was probably the most special gift I've ever gotten. I definitely teared up when I saw it, it was the hardest Christmas I've ever had with her not being there to give me a hug or wish me a Merry Christmas. I hope everyone enjoyed a safe holiday with the people they love.
Good stuff, buddy. What a cherished memento that will be. I know quite a few people who have had that done lately. It is a great idea.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I got too much. Son got me a S and W 40 cal. Nephew game me a a little 380 kel tech. Wife got me a saws all. Daughter and sister-in-law gave 50 bucks each. Grandkids got me Jean's and shirt. Too much. With that said, it was good times for all.

That’s a very manly collection of gifts:)

Reactions: treyforuk
I got too much. Son got me a S and W 40 cal. Nephew game me a a little 380 kel tech. Wife got me a saws all. Daughter and sister-in-law gave 50 bucks each. Grandkids got me Jean's and shirt. Too much. With that said, it was good times for all.
I have a S&W .45 ACP revolver model 625. Got that about 15 years ago. I like it. Your daughter gave you cash?! Haha, that's awesome.

Got a Leighton Vander Esch jersey
Mavs at Pelicans club level seats for 12/28
Kansas at Texas Tech tix from my son
Rangers at Braves in new stadium from daughter
And the best thing is that whole family is together road tripping to NOLA and will be at Pelicans game. And kids (27 and 28) buy tix etc and I go with them and pay hotel and food. Last thing I need is more crap, so these experiences are great

Went to the Pelicans game and got to see AD score 48 and be virtually unstoppable and Luka scored 34 and he is 19!! Fun game

Last edited:

You can go into combat with a saws all. I have often made the blade a weapon.SmokinSmile

WOuld you feel better if it were a white dude?

Lighten up...

Eh, it was an odd way to start a Christmas thread. Pretty sure no black posters would appreciate it, and would at the least start the thread feeling a bit awkward.

Reactions: KisteK
Eh, it was an odd way to start a Christmas thread. Pretty sure no black posters would appreciate it, and would at the least start the thread feeling a bit awkward.
Weird....Only two people complained.

And those two, people?

Jesus...

Weird....Only two people complained.

And those two, people?

Jesus...

Borden. Stop, man.

I was going to let it go, but it is strange. I’m sure other people feel the same way, and shrugged at it, but thought it was strange. As a bunch of white dudes, we can often let this stuff go.

But dude, you started a Christmas thread... one of the only OT threads we’ve had for months..with a strange meme about black people stealing our stuff. Like... it wouldn’t even occur to most people to do that. And if it did occur to them, most people would probably decide against it. It was a bit strange. Christmas, you know? And... like, out of nowhere racist memes?

So rather than get upset that two people actually said “Well, that was a bit racist” when you posted something that was a bit racist (then didn’t comment on it again and even participated in the thread), maybe you could say “Shit, Okay, that was an awkward attempt, my bad.”

Now, that would take some ability to step back and shrug and admit something. Sometimes you’ve been able to do that.

Borden. Stop, man.

I was going to let it go, but it is strange. I’m sure other people feel the same way, and shrugged at it, but thought it was strange. As a bunch of white dudes, we can often let this stuff go.

But dude, you started a Christmas thread... one of the only OT threads we’ve had for months..
with a strange meme about black people stealing our stuff. Like... it wouldn’t occur to most people to do that. It was a bit strange. Christmas, you know? And... like, out of nowhere racist memes?

So rather than bitch that two people actually said “Well, that was a bit racist” when you posted something that was a bit racist (then didn’t comment on it again and even participated in the thread), maybe you could say “Shit, Okay, that was an awkward attempt, my bad.”

Now, that would take some ability to step back and shrug and admit something. Sometimes you’ve been able to do that.
Oh shut up....Jesus. It was a god damn joke. If you and Dat can't handle it, fcking move on. Bunch of fcking snowflakes.

I can barely handle two kids who were born three years apart. I cannot imagine two at the same time, or three, or more.

Oh shut up....Jesus. It was a god damn joke. If you and Dat can't handle it, fcking move on. Bunch of fcking snowflakes.

It was an awkward, racist joke. I snickered when I first saw it, but then sort of got that it was weird and racist.

I guess this isn’t one of those times for you.

So I’m done talking about it. Consider it moved past.

It was an awkward, racist joke. I snickered when I first saw it, but then sort of got that it was weird and racist.

I guess this isn’t one of those times for you.

So I’m done talking about it. Consider it moved past.
Good.

That is one way to be festive during the holidays. Jesus, God, and snowflakes.
Soft folks. I've been on this board for 10 years. Pretty sure folks know my personality. It was a joke. No different than the countless others on here; pertaining to "racism". But leave it to two board memebers to get their feelings hurt.

Oh, well.

Soft folks. I've been on this board for 10 years. Pretty sure folks know my personality. It was a joke. No different than the countless others on here; pertaining to "racism". But leave it to two board memebers to get their feelings hurt.

Oh, well.

Okay, I tried the nice way. I said I’d be done. But you needed the last word? Twice?

Borden; does it not occur to you, in even the deepest parts of your brain, that a black poster might log into the forums on Christmas morning or whatever, taking a moment away from the festivities and family, and see a Christmas thread in a place they consider an online “home,” and want to be part of the discussion (especially since it’s been all business since the season started), and open it up, and then, depending on what they’ve seen and done and gone through in their life, that they MIGHT frown and be like “Wtf?” and be a bit miffed?

So, because I am a basically considerate person, I would think of that, and refrain, because I wouldn’t want to be a dick, and posting that as your intro to a Christmas thread is more something a dick would do. I’d save that for a thread for off color memes or racist jokes or some similar back and forth.

Most decent people would have that same reaction.

Don’t act like you are a victim here... poor you. You posted it, and you even said, in that first post, something that indicated you knew it wasn’t just a nothing. And I’m not offended or being a snowflake; I am merely pointing out that I think it was uncalled for and sort of inconsiderate. That’s it.

So again, I hope we are done. Points made.

Last edited:
Well if I’m being honest this was a pretty rough Christmas. Don’t wanna go into details but I lost my job two days before Thanksgiving (bullshit reason) and was told they would not fight me getting unemployment only to get a letter in the mail saying I had been denied benefits. Having to look at my kid and tell him there wouldn’t be much of a Christmas this year was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. Things could always be worse I guess. Hope everyone had a blessed holiday!!!

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Well if I’m being honest this was a pretty rough Christmas. Don’t wanna go into details but I lost my job two days before Thanksgiving (bullshit reason) and was told they would not fight me getting unemployment only to get a letter in the mail saying I had been denied benefits. Having to look at my kid and tell him there wouldn’t be much of a Christmas this year was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. Things could always be worse I guess. Hope everyone had a blessed holiday!!!

Shit man. Sorry to hear that. Wishing you and yours health and happiness and some prosperity in the new year. Usually dedication and hard work will get you there.

Oh, well.
Yeah, it's pretty messed up for @HRTheCard bringing up racism as an insult.

Reactions: oldsports_
Okay, I tried the nice way. I said I’d be done. But you needed the last word? Twice?

Borden; does it not occur to you, in even the deepest parts of your brain, that a black poster might log into the forums on Christmas morning or whatever, taking a moment away from the festivities and family, and see a Christmas thread in a place they consider an online “home,” and want to be part of the discussion (especially since it’s been all business since the season started), and open it up, and then, depending on what they’ve seen and done and gone through in their life, that they MIGHT frown and be like “Wtf?” and be a bit miffed?

So, because I am a basically considerate person, I would think of that, and refrain, because I wouldn’t want to be a dick, and posting that as your intro to a Christmas thread is more something a dick would do. I’d save that for a thread for off color memes or racist jokes or some similar back and forth.

Most decent people would have that same reaction.

Don’t act like you are a victim here... poor you. You posted it, and you even said, in that first post, something that indicated you knew it wasn’t just a nothing. And I’m not offended or being a snowflake; I am merely pointing out that I think it was uncalled for and sort of inconsiderate. That’s it.

So again, I hope we are done. Points made.
Did you see where my cousin had quads....???

ADVERTISEMENT