ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Transfer Thread***

Not really. Oscar hasn't been cleared eligible for next season yet. I doubt Jackson or Mintz returns. Brooks and Toppin can play SF So there's plenty of minutes to go around next year for the players that are ready. I know we're looking to add a couple of more transfers. There's lots of ways to use the lineup. I know we want Carr, but that may not happen if he stays in the draft.
Daimion CollinsPF
Bryce HopkinsPF
Nolan HickmanPG
Kellan Grady2G
Oscar TshiebwePF
Dontaie Allen2G
Jacob ToppinF
Lance WareF
Keion BrooksF
Marcus CarrPG
Adam MillerPG

Not sure why he did not get more minutes at Arkansas. Good luck to him.
Because he can’t shoot or dribble. He plays really hard, but he’s a decent defender and above average rebounder...that’s about it.

Wish nothing but the best for him, but if he gets solid minutes at A&M, that will make me feel better about our chances against them.

Because he can’t shoot or dribble. He plays really hard, but he’s a decent defender and above average rebounder...that’s about it.

Wish nothing but the best for him, but if he gets solid minutes at A&M, that will make me feel better about our chances against them.
I didn't think he was terrible. He did not get many minutes this year but averaged 70 FG%. The prior two years he was above 50%, I'm not saying he was a baller but he never really got enough minutes to show either way. Muss knows a lot more than I do and I don't think Muss was fighting to keep him but it would not shock me to see him improve if he gets more playtime at A&M.

I didn't think he was terrible. He did not get many minutes this year but averaged 70 FG%. The prior two years he was above 50%, I'm not saying he was a baller but he never really got enough minutes to show either way. Muss knows a lot more than I do and I don't think Muss was fighting to keep him but it would not shock me to see him improve if he gets more playtime at A&M.
It’s easy to be a 70% shooter when all you do is dunk the ball.

Again, I like the guy...wish him nothing but the best...

But he’s not a good basketball player.

Burnett was so lost when on the floor and his shooting was awful. I hope this is one of those, “ change in latitude can change your attitude” type deals because I really liked his potential.

Bama’s going to have to deal with his family though, and they’re a handful.
Burnette did not fit into T Tech’s scheme And was often frustrated. He will fit well into Nate Oats scheme and will be a totally different player imo.

So, Louisville has added:

Matt Cross, Miami
Noah Locke, Florida
Jarrod West, Marshall

All three guys shot 40% or better from three last year. Malik Williams is coming back. I assume Williamson and Withers are returning. Carlik Jones could return, as well. UL might be an interesting team to follow.

Matt Cross, Miami
Noah Locke, Florida
Jarrod West, Marshall

All three guys shot 40% or better from three last year. Malik Williams is coming back. I assume Williamson and Withers are returning. Carlik Jones could return, as well. UL might be an interesting team to follow.

Mack is still coaching them so thankfully nobody has to be worried

Matt Cross, Miami
Noah Locke, Florida
Jarrod West, Marshall

One of the younger teams last year. Awful from 3 pt line. Needs addressed maybe through the portal. Did not have much up front last year will be interesting to see if younger guys return improved. Also will be interesting if they add another big or go with what they have.

Reactions: dukedevilz
We've reached out to G. Brooks and B. Hamilton (UNLV).. Cal said he wants another big and another pg. Looks like Miss St didn't even make Brooks' list. Auburn and Tenn want Brooks as well.

They've reached out to MSU's Rocket Watts as well.
I saw that. Sounds like Louisville and FSU are out on him, but I’m curious where he’ll end up. I know he left MSU after a talk with Izzo who said he couldn’t guarantee him a starting role next year after how inconsistent and downright bad he was this year at times. I wouldn’t think that changes much at UK.

I think a high major where he can go and just be a scorer where they ask him to just fill it up. I could see a place like Penn State, Vanderbilt, Iowa State, or any D1 school where he’s the best guy there end up being the best landing spot for him.

When Rocket is playing right, he’s the best player on the court at any given time. Those moments just seem to come few and far between. If he can just get his confidence back and play more consistently he can absolutely be a good player for any school.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Burnette did not fit into T Tech’s scheme And was often frustrated. He will fit well into Nate Oats scheme and will be a totally different player imo.

It wasn’t just the scheme, his ball handling was pretty bad, and he couldn’t hit water from a boat.

It was a weird deal because his mom/uncle pushed him to quit. He did and tried to rejoin the team the next day but Beard wouldn’t let him.

Too many names to keep track of. Here are some more notable ones...

Boogie Ellis to Southern Cal (via Memphis)
Matt Bradley to San Diego State (via California)
Jemarl Baker to Fresno State (via Arizona)
Liam Robbins to Vanderbilt (via Minnesota)
Xavier Pinson to LSU (via Missouri)
Phlandrous Fleming to Florida (via Charleston Southern
Taze Moore to Houston (via Cal State Bakersfield)
David Jenkins to Utah (via UNLV)
Noah Bauman to Georgia (via Southern Cal)

The music is definitely slowing down and people are looking for chairs.

SEC feels like they’ve gotten the lion’s share of most the top portal players: Bama, Arkansas, Florida, LSU, Auburn.

I thought it may be a down year in the SEC, but perhaps not.

Ha. Boogie Ellis. Remember when he thought he was a OAD?

Thomas Kithier is in the portal as a lot have assumed. He was out of the playing rotation near the end of the year anyways.

I think he either follows Dane Fife to Indiana for depth for them next year or plays somewhere at a lower level where he can get minutes.

Stanford's Daejon Davis is now in the portal (10 ppg, 3 reb, 3 ast, 45% fg, 36% 3-pt). I wouldn't mind having him as a backup at Duke. He might be wanting a larger role, but also possible he simply wants to play for a winning program.

Also, my dude Mason Faulkner has been in the portal for almost a month now. I think he's good enough to start for several P6 schools. Seen him play a few times in person. Really crafty with the ball, he likes to to get to the cup early and often; above average shooter. Ball might stick in his hands a little longer than you'd like, but I'll cut him some slack given the pedestrian talent around him.

The music is definitely slowing down and people are looking for chairs.

SEC feels like they’ve gotten the lion’s share of most the top portal players: Bama, Arkansas, Florida, LSU, Auburn.

I thought it may be a down year in the SEC, but perhaps not.

SEC has had the upper-hand in the portal, no question. Kentucky has two instant impact transfers as well, Oscar Tshiebwe and Kellan Grady. Should be a fun year for the league.

Reactions: PorkshankRedemption
Light skin kid?
Truthfully only watches Kentucky like three times.

I think Askew was one of the players that I thought was clueless
Correct. He's also slow as shit with terrible lateral quickness. Can't beat anyone off the dribble and can't stay in front of a statue. Surprised a defensive-minded coach like Beard would want him.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT