ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zach Edey fouled 6.2x/40 minutes. Thoughts?
I'm not really too concerned about this debate because my main homies hail and trojan are killing it...

...but Edey did that as a frosh despite having played basketball for 3 years and going against a murderers row of bigs. He also started the season really bad there, and steadily improved - displayed by the fact that his conference stats were 5.4 fouls/40. Dude actually took nice in-season strides throughout last year in all facets and that appeared to continue during the U19 stuff as well.

Last edited:
It's not blinders. I'll take the elite player every time. Trevion had good efficiency stats, but you don't game plan around a guy like Trevion like you do Kofi. He's a generational talent that would be a top 3/4 pick if the pro game hadn't evolved (I know you're going to say that homerism, but it's been said by many unbiased analysts). He impacts the game in ways that stats don't measure well.

If Kofi Cockburn is a "generational talent," then what is Luka Garza, who plays his same position and has won the conference player of the year over Kofi both years hes been in college?

How can someone be a generational talent when he hasn't been the best big in his own conference at any point ever?

Fears or Boswell for starters. Both, if they are willing.

You being better than us next year😂😂😂😂Good one!
Lol so you don’t have any top 30 players committed or even close to committed.

We will see how the season plays out and how Woodson does coaching. Very good team on paper.

If Kofi Cockburn is a "generational talent," then what is Luka Garza, who plays his same position and has won the conference player of the year over Kofi both years hes been in college?

How can someone be a generational talent when he hasn't been the best big in his own conference at any point ever?

They are putting Kofi on an Anthony Davis and Zion tier. That’s such massive homerism.

And if they really believe that then they should be more upset about Underwood’s choke job when he had a NPOY in Ayo and a Generational talent like Kofi.

Reactions: Ingersol
Our staff thinks they can play together. But isn’t willing to take Fears, yet, because they aren’t sure Boswell thinks the same and they like him more.

Indiana is Fears’ safety net right now. He wants Illinois. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
I seriously doubt they are slow playing Fears….no chance…

Reactions: RichieRebel
It's not blinders. I'll take the elite player every time. Trevion had good efficiency stats, but you don't game plan around a guy like Trevion like you do Kofi. He's a generational talent that would be a top 3/4 pick if the pro game hadn't evolved (I know you're going to say that homerism, but it's been said by many unbiased analysts). He impacts the game in ways that stats don't measure well.

Where do you think Kofi ranks among centers over the past 10 years?

Where do you think Kofi ranks among Big Ten players over the past 10 years?

Generational talent but couldn’t make a 1st team All-American team in either of his first two season?

Is it sillier than calling Kofi Cockburn a generational talent? No way you idiots all co-sign that.
For us, I suppose he is? I do think he was born in the wrong era and if it were 30 years ago...? But honestly i grow weary of all of the back and forth and cant wait for the season to start. I think several teams have a legitimate claim that they are the best team in the B10 and Im thrilled my team is one of them.

I'd still take Kofi over Trevion+Edey. Payne isn't in that discussion for me, but having an elite player is better than having a really good and good player in a sport that will only have one of the guys on it at a time.

Kofi and TW are a lot closer than you think they are. Stats don’t back up your claim that one is elite and the other is “really good.”

For us, I suppose he is? I do think he was born in the wrong era and if it were 30 years ago...? But honestly i grow weary of all of the back and forth and cant wait for the season to start. I think several teams have a legitimate claim that they are the best team in the B10 and Im thrilled my team is one of them.

Oh jeezus that’s a MASSIVE move of the goalposts. Do you think he’s a generational talent compared to the rest of the college basketball landscape?

Kofi and TW are a lot closer than you think they are. Stats don’t back up your claim that one is elite and the other is “really good.”

9291-F1-D2-8-C70-460-A-982-F-81-C8-F6121-CAD.jpg

Reactions: KisteK

spit-take.gif

Jesus Christ you guys blew that out of proportion. He's a generational player. There aren't many 7' 300 lb centers that are as physically dominant as Kofi Cockburn but once in a generation.

If you don't understand that, ask the announcers what they meant.

I'm not really too concerned about this debate because my main homies hail and trojan are killing it...

...but Edey did that as a frosh despite having played basketball for 3 years and going against a murderers row of bigs. He also started the season really bad there, and steadily improved - displayed by the fact that his conference stats were 5.4 fouls/40. Dude actually took nice in-season strides throughout last year in all facets and that appeared to continue during the U19 stuff as well.
I don't really care about it, tbh. Your homies are dipshit trolls, and I'm just playing their game.

I think you have to take into context that dunks and defense were being brought up as Payne’s attributes. He then brought up the link that shts on his defense as well as the foul rate. Edey will probably dunk a lot (he was killing people with dunks at U19 World Cup), but he has the ability to be a solid offensive player beyond the dunks.

See above.

Oh jeezus that’s a MASSIVE move of the goalposts. Do you think he’s a generational talent compared to the rest of the college basketball landscape?
What move of the goalposts have I done? Not once have I called him a "generational talent". if anything, I think he is a generational talent as an Illini. Why would I narrow it down to just that if I thought he was in all of college basketball?

His size is generational though.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I seriously doubt they are slow playing Fears….no chance…
I think they wanted to see if Boswell was open to playing with him first. My guess would be Fears commits by the end of the calendar year, now that they’ve gotten that answered.

Jesus Christ you guys blew that out of proportion. He's a generational player. There aren't many 7' 300 lb centers that are as physically dominant as Kofi Cockburn but once in a generation.

If you don't understand that, ask the announcers what they meant.

You called him a generational talent. Is he even a top 10 Big Ten player over the past decade?

What move of the goalposts have I done? Not once have I called him a "generational talent". if anything, I think he is a generational talent as an Illini. Why would I narrow it down to just that if I thought he was in all of college basketball?

His size is generational though.

I asked you if you support the homer claim that he’s a generational talent and you answer focusing only on how he compares to Illinois.

I think they wanted to see if Boswell was open to playing with him first. My guess would be Fears commits by the end of the calendar year, now that they’ve gotten that answered.
And reportedly they want to play together. Why wait, if true?

I don’t think there was any chance they were waiting on Boswell….I think they would take Fears’ commitment on the spot…

Shit that’d be like me calling Isaac Haas a generational talent. Which is absurd.

You called him a generational talent. Is he even a top 10 Big Ten player over the past decade?
You're seriously the biggest flamer I've ever seen. Latch onto one word and then repeat for a year. It's a bit pathetic. Flame away.

He's a generational talent for the university. He's a generational talent for the type of player he is. No one was calling him Lebron James. You can calm down now.

You're seriously the biggest flamer I've ever seen. Latch onto one word and then repeat for a year. It's a bit pathetic. Flame away. He's a generational talent for the university. He's a generational talent for the type of player he is. No one was calling him Lebron James. You can calm down now.

You said generational talent dude. Nothing about generational for the university until just now. Don’t backtrack.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
You're seriously the biggest flamer I've ever seen. Latch onto one word and then repeat for a year. It's a bit pathetic. Flame away.

He's a generational talent for the university. He's a generational talent for the type of player he is. No one was calling him Lebron James. You can calm down now.

It’s okay to be wrong. Kofi is not a generational talent. I’m glad you didn’t try to defend that.

You said generational talent dude. Nothing about generational for the university until just now. Don’t backtrack.
I know what I said, I know what I meant, and I know what has been said on broadcasts. If you think anyone was calling him generational talent in the same way as Hail tried to represent it, you guys are idiotic. I've critiqued Kofi as much as anyone. He's still a one of a kind player that's absolutely dominant in cbb.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT