ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Another zero star for the Gophers?
Nah, its a combination of a few factors that has him unranked at the moment. He has really improved the past year and a half. He also doesn't play aau for one of the shoe circuits. Covid has messed up the rankings as well. Not nearly as many opportunities for live evaluations from the rankings guys. Couple local recruiting guys believe he's now the 2nd or 3rd best prospect in the state. He went up against the Georgia Stars AAU team who plays in the EYBL, this summer, and put up 15 points, 15 rebounds and 5 blocks. He dominated Mady Traore, who is a borderline 4-star Center in the rankings. He just turned 17 as well, so he is young for the 2022 class.

Reactions: KisteK
Nah, its a combination of a few factors that has him unranked at the moment. He has really improved the past year and a half. He also doesn't play aau for one of the shoe circuits. Covid has messed up the rankings as well. Not nearly as many opportunities for live evaluations from the rankings guys. Couple local recruiting guys believe he's now the 2nd or 3rd best prospect in the state. He went up against the Georgia Stars AAU team who plays in the EYBL, this summer, and put up 15 points, 15 rebounds and 5 blocks. He dominated Mady Traore, who is a borderline 4-star Center in the rankings. He just turned 17 as well, so he is young for the 2022 class.

Solid get. Looks like a top 150 kid.

With COVID going on and him not being on a shoe circuit his evaluations probably won’t be as accurate by national guys.

Former Purdue commit, Jameel Brown, makes his decision today. Would be surprised if he doesn't follow Shrewsberry and go to Penn State. He did give us an official visit in June though, so it would be a nice surprise if he did come here. Still, Penn State is the likely favorite.

This could make things interesting. Games won't be rescheduled. If a team is unable to play, they will forfeit, while the other team will be declared the victor.

They gave themselves wiggle room if they want to change that policy later. They called it an “interim” policy and also didn’t define was triggers an “unable to play” status. For football last year, I believe a 5% positive rate caused an automatic shutdown of the program, but they aren’t beholden to continue using that threshold again.

film actually looks pretty good. Good pickup

My god some of those Illinois homers are hilarious.
My experience is that the more “non-grad fans” a school has, the more trash social media takes you’re gonna get. When Illini sports are competitive, believe me that Chicagoans and Illinoisans come rampaging out of the woodworks, and you get garbage like that. See similar stuff in Michigan comment sections, FWIW.

I’m also not taking a shot at those types of fans, as I did not attend the U of I and simply grew up cheering for them as the state school … but yeah, the types who jumped back on the bandwagon last year are likely responsible for the scorching takes, haha.

Meanwhile, our football fan base is usually regarded as incredibly grounded and reasonable, because the only ones who still care enough to post about it online have got to be pretty knowledgeable, and there isn’t really any shit to talk! RollLaugh

My experience is that the more “non-grad fans” a school has, the more trash social media takes you’re gonna get. When Illini sports are competitive, believe me that Chicagoans and Illinoisans come rampaging out of the woodworks, and you get garbage like that. See similar stuff in Michigan comment sections, FWIW.

I’m also not taking a shot at those types of fans, as I did not attend the U of I and simply grew up cheering for them as the state school … but yeah, the types who jumped back on the bandwagon last year are likely responsible for the scorching takes, haha.

Meanwhile, our football fan base is usually regarded as incredibly grounded and reasonable, because the only ones who still care enough to post about it online have got to be pretty knowledgeable, and there isn’t really any shit to talk! RollLaugh
You've got the Bieledong now. There's always shit to talk.

6b60509712373f377bd752121925f981.gif

AnguishedSomeAmericanrobin-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

zpJ57Su.0.gif

bretbacon.0.gif

nH6Oq4R.gif

Solid get. Looks like a top 150 kid.

With COVID going on and him not being on a shoe circuit his evaluations probably won’t be as accurate by national guys.

film actually looks pretty good. Good pickup
Bossi just came out with a new article today and said Payne is going to get a strong look at four star status in the updated rankings. Said he might be the second best prospect in the state behind Tre Holloman. He's already been bumped up to 150 in the rankings, which is only a placeholder according to Bossi.

Reactions: RichardMassive
Wouldn't they have to have basketball fans first?
I like reading opposing teams’ message boards right before we play them or wrap up a recruiting battle vs. them just to get a little perspective. Sucks when you come across a school like PSU with zero presence online anywhere, lol.

You know you have a shitty fan base for one sport if a site like Rivals/Scout doesn’t even give you both a football and a basketball board and you just have one…

I like reading opposing teams’ message boards right before we play them or wrap up a recruiting battle vs. them just to get a little perspective. Sucks when you come across a school like PSU with zero presence online anywhere, lol.

You know you have a shitty fan base for one sport if a site like Rivals/Scout doesn’t even give you both a football and a basketball board and you just have one…
They're busy in the showers...

Glad to see Finau finally get another win. Too many people had been talking about just how long the drought was.

Reactions: bMORE607
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
not as long as the drought of IU beating Purdue though 😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛 😛😛😛😛😛

• Haha
Reactions: VulvHa and bMORE607
I guess I didn’t consider him a 4 with his offensive limitations outside of the paint.
I don't consider him a 4 either...Not sure where that came from...I don't consider Kofi, nor Dickinson 4's either. TJD, Kofi and Dickinson to me are your typical BIGS. THough Hunter has some touch. Its why I said Liddell is much more polished, better, on the perimeter than those three. But I don't think he's anywhere close to being as good, in the post.

Do you view Kofi/Hunter as 4's?

It was a crazy streak considering how fcking good this guy is. What sux is Rahm’s meltdown. Had him for $300 at 10:1.
Yeah it really is crazy considering just how many times he’s been in contention. Hopefully this quiets people down for awhile. I had seen people ranking Brendon Todd ahead of Finau as a golfer because of career wins, just insane talk.

& that does blow, Rahm didn’t play well at the end of his third and final round & he was still right there. Shows just how crazy good he is too.

I don't consider him a 4 either...Not sure where that came from...I don't consider Kofi, nor Dickinson 4's either. TJD, Kofi and Dickinson to me are your typical BIGS. THough Hunter has some touch. Its why I said Liddell is much more polished, better, on the perimeter than those three. But I don't think he's anywhere close to being as good, in the post.

Do you view Kofi/Hunter as 4's?
What are you talking about? I said Liddell is the best 4 in the league, and you took offense to Liddell being better than TJD. You implied TJD was a 4 by disagreeing that Liddell was the best and TJD was better.

I think he’s going to be the most talented 4 in the league
Disagree. TJD is very talented...And if his jumper is as improved as reported, dudes gonna be a problem. Dickinson/Kofi are just monsters. Liddell is talented. And does have the better perimeter game of the four---as of now. I just think TJD, HUnter and Kofi are a ton better in the post.

What are you talking about? I said Liddell is the best 4 in the league, and you took offense to Liddell being better than TJD. You implied TJD was a 4 by disagreeing that Liddell was the best and TJD was better.
I overlooked you saying , best "4" in the league. Even then, I wouldn't put him ahead of Kofi, Dickinson or TJD, overall----which was my point.

I overlooked you saying , best "4" in the league. Even then, I wouldn't put him ahead of Kofi, Dickinson or TJD, overall----which was my point.
I wouldn’t preseason, but because of his skill set, he has a legitimate chance to pass any of those guys up. The only thing limiting him is being shoehorned into guarding 5s which I’m sure is exhausting.

I wouldn’t preseason, but because of his skill set, he has a legitimate chance to pass any of those guys up. The only thing limiting him is being shoehorned into guarding 5s which I’m sure is exhausting.
So exhausting he almost transferred to Illinois this year, right? 😉

Reactions: RichieRebel
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT