ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had 2 sources at #4.

And even adding in those, they still average out to being picked at ~6.5.

I seriously doubt he ends in the top 10.
What two sources? The highest I’ve seen is #5, and I’ve looked at as many as possible from the legitimate outlets to see where they have Ivey going.

What two sources? The highest I’ve seen is #5, and I’ve looked at as many as possible from the legitimate outlets to see where they have Ivey going.
200.gif

CBS is one of them. I will try and find the other.
Looks like CBS has two out there. I’d only seen one of them.

Gary Parrish has him at #4

Kyle Boone has him at #7

Reactions: Archetype19
That’s been my point, individual accomplishments at the college level don’t equate to being a better basketball player.

Garza was my devils advocate in this argument.

Recruiting rankings don’t, and shouldn’t consider what awards/accomplishments you get at the college level.

It very clearly leans towards where they think you can be as a player at the highest level.

Which makes me care even less about where you say they are ranked. I’m a college basketball fan, not an nba fan.

Reactions: jwardelt
That’s been my point, individual accomplishments at the college level don’t equate to being a better basketball player.

Garza was my devils advocate in this argument.

Recruiting rankings don’t, and shouldn’t consider what awards/accomplishments you get at the college level.

It very clearly leans towards where they think you can be as a player at the highest level.

By this logic Ayo and Kofi were overrated by rivals. (Your logic sucks).

Reactions: jwardelt
What defines Trey Burke?

His rivals ranking in the mid hundreds?

His NPOY season where he led us to a national title game?

Being drafted bas a lottery pick?

Or being a journeyman NBA player?

I just NEED a to know if he was over, under, or appropriately rated. It’s killing me inside.

By this logic Ayo and Kofi were overrated by rivals. (Your logic sucks).
You clearly haven’t done a deep dive on how many players in both those players respective years have been drafted.

Ayo is very close to his rankings, (slightly overrated) and Kofi is undetermined so far. But based on the limited players that have been drafted in his class, he is 15 to 25 spot too low.

Dickinson is the in the same boat as Kofi. He will outplay guys at the college level and while he isn’t a sure fire high draft pick, someone will give him a chance.

Both of them should’ve been in the 20 to 30 range, just outside the elite guys who go straight to the league. But ultra dominant in college because of it.

What defines Trey Burke?

His rivals ranking in the mid hundreds?

His NPOY season where he led us to a national title game?

Being drafted bas a lottery pick?

Or being a journeyman NBA player?

I just NEED a to know if he was over, under, or appropriately rated. It’s killing me inside.
All of Trey Burke’s situation says extremely underrated.

B1G POY, took his team to a title game, and a Top 10 draft pick as a sophomore.

And while he’s had some time out of the league/deep on the bench, being in the league on a roster years later as guy who was borderline Top 150 is rare.

All of Trey Burke’s situation says extremely underrated.

B1G POY, took his team to a title game, and a Top 10 draft pick as a sophomore.

And while he’s had some time out of the league/deep on the bench, being in the league on a roster years later as guy who was borderline Top 150 is rare.

Where should he have been rated? 8th because that’s where he was drafted? But then would he have been overrated because he was never a starting caliber nba player? Help me understand.

You clearly haven’t done a deep dive on how many players in both those players respective years have been drafted.

Ayo is very close to his rankings, (slightly overrated) and Kofi is undetermined so far. But based on the limited players that have been drafted in his class, he is 15 to 25 spot too low.

Dickinson is the in the same boat as Kofi. He will outplay guys at the college level and while he isn’t a sure fire high draft pick, someone will give him a chance.

Both of them should’ve been in the 20 to 30 range, just outside the elite guys who go straight to the league. But ultra dominant in college because of it.
Ayo was projected 19th in the 2021 draft last year.

He was either overrated or Underwood sucks at development.

Ayo was projected 19th in the 2021 draft last year.

He was either overrated or Underwood sucks at development.
Was definitely overrated by scouts at that point. To argue otherwise would be idiotic.

I never bought the hype of him playing his way into a mid-first rounder.

His lack of lateral foot speed wasn’t going to change in between his sophomore and junior season.

Glad he came back tho

You’re a rookie, 37 posts in makes so it really easy to find posts like this.

You’ll get the hang of it after a while

It is close for sure, but I still feel this way. I think there is a good chance Indiana has better coaching. The rosters seem similarly talented.

It is close for sure, but I still feel this way. I think there is a good chance Indiana has better coaching. The rosters seem similarly talented.
So let me get this straight, Indiana has better coaching than Illinois and the talent on the roster is a wash?

Yikes. This take is not even worth the time arguing with.

So let me get this straight, Indiana has better coaching than Illinois and the talent on the roster is a wash?

Yikes. This take is not even worth the time arguing with.

Woodson would have to be pretty bad to not be better than Underwood. His track record is pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT