ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not referring to Kofi. We're already a top 30 team as is. Need another impact player whether it be Kofi or a different guy to have any chance at competing for a big title.

Sad you can’t bet on Underwood over Phil ****inf Martelli.

Convenient how you’re focusing on Top 50 when Furst was 51 lol. I’m sure that wasn’t by accident.

And no the recruiting isn’t the same since Painter got there lol. Getting a top 50 guy from southern Indiana hasn’t happened before (or even anything remotely close to it).
I’m going off the composite rankings which actually have Furst at 62. He’s ranked 63rd and 71st by 247 and ESPN respectively. Logan Duncomb is ranked 7 spots behind Furst in the composite rankings, and you don’t hear IU fans raving about him.

Your overall rankings have been pretty consistent throughout Painters’ tenure. Unless you are talking about your current recruits being better than the Donnie Hale and Jacob Lawson class.

Ivey and Edey is a pretty good class wouldn’t you say? And that’s with Morton not having much of an impact last year.
Pretty good? Sure. A class that’s going to put you at the top tier of the Big Ten moving forward? Not really. Maybe you should look into Michigan’s recruiting and compare it to Purdue’s. Michigan projects as a much better team moving forward.

Pretty good? Sure. A class that’s going to put you at the top tier of the Big Ten moving forward? Not really. Maybe you should look into Michigan’s recruiting and compare it to Purdue’s. Michigan projects as a much better team moving forward.

Purdue is never going to recruit at Michigan’s level at least when Howard is there lol. Most teams in the conference won’t.

I’m going off the composite rankings which actually have Furst at 62. He’s ranked 63rd and 71st by 247 and ESPN respectively. Logan Duncomb is ranked 7 spots behind Furst in the composite rankings, and you don’t hear IU fans raving about him.

Your overall rankings have been pretty consistent throughout Painters’ tenure. Unless you are talking about your current recruits being better than the Donnie Hale and Jacob Lawson class.
I’ve heard IU fans claim Duncomb is clearly superior because he outplayed him in one AAU game lol. I’d say there’s been some raving going on.

Purdue is never going to recruit at Michigan’s level at least when Howard is there lol. Most teams in the conference won’t.
That’s my point. Michigan has the better recent success during Howard’s tenure and is recruiting significantly better. That puts them in a tier above.

I’ve heard IU fans claim Duncomb is clearly superior because he outplayed him in one AAU game lol. I’d say there’s been some raving going on.
I would say they are very similar as even their ranking suggests. Both will be solid 4 year players.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

the illini delusion remains real
Kofi could very well stay in the draft.

But most likely that means he will be playing in the G-League or overseas next year.

Or he could come back to Illinois be a POTY frontrunner and get his stock up to at least a 2nd rounder, while also making 300K~ from NIL

So far, no decision has been made.

But him coming back is a scary thought for Michigan fans, Kofi made Hunter look very average in their game.

But most likely that means he will be playing in the G-League or overseas next year.

Or he could come back to Illinois be a POTY frontrunner and get his stock up to at least a 2nd rounder, while also making 300K~ from NIL

But him coming back is a scary thought for Michigan fans, Kofi made Hunter look very average in their game.
If his stuff is on the players trunk and he makes money off of NIL, which is still not ok with the NCAA, can’t he not come back?

Underwood has a lot to prove in non-illini fan eyes. No ayo or my cock is burning to bail him out this coming year. Bragging about a 20 win tournament team? That's very very Iowa-esque.
Underwood has the most wins in conference play the last two years.

Gard is above average, nothing special.

We will see more this year in terms of how he develops players.

If his stuff is on the players trunk and he makes money off of NIL, which is still not ok with the NCAA, can’t he not come back?
He will serve a couple game suspension and pay the money to a back or to a charity.

Pretty sure Ayo did the exact same thing last year.

Loyola Chicago fans hope he comes back if you guys can make the tournament

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Underwood has the most wins in conference play the last two years.

Gard is above average, nothing special.

We will see more this year in terms of how he develops players.
You lost to Loyola Chicago.

tenor.gif

We did not.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
There is no chance he comes back. His decision has been made. You are being lied to by your “insiders”.
You must be one of those guys who claims anything you don’t want to hear is fake news.

Look at mock drafts and tell me how many he is on.

Kofi worked out for the Celtics last week and a day later they traded for Moses Brown and Al Horford.

Sorry you don’t know how to read the tea leaves.

You must be one of those guys who claims anything you don’t want to hear is fake news.

Look at mock drafts and tell me how many he is on.

Kofi worked out for the Celtics last week and a day later they traded for Moses Brown and Al Horford.

Sorry you don’t know how to read the tea leaves.
He is literally saying he isn’t coming back and accepting improper benefits. You seem to be the guy living in a fantasy world.

Maybe Kofi would rather play in the gLeague rather than coming back to play for Underwood. Tough look…

He is literally saying he isn’t coming back and accepting improper benefits. You seem to be the guy living in a fantasy world.

Maybe Kofi would rather play in the gLeague rather than coming back to play for Underwood. Tough look…
Like I said before no decision has been made. All player have quotes like that when they are in the process of trying to be drafted.

Look at Ayo’s quote from a year prior.

If he does declare I’d hope he at least secured a 2nd round guarantee. But I know their targets if he does decide to go and we will be a top 15 team if we secure 1 of them.

Don’t need to cross that bridge until we get there though.

Whatever you want to think. How many years have you dipshits been spouting this nonsense? 20?
Since 2000 we’ve been better than Wisconsin at least 6 times. And that’s including the worst 10 year span in our programs history.

Barring Underwood dying tomorrow Illinois will be better than Wisconsin moving forward.
Tough luck for the Badgers.

Since 2000 we’ve been better than Wisconsin at least 6 times. And that’s including the worst 10 year span in our programs history.

Barring Underwood dying tomorrow Illinois will be better than Wisconsin moving forward.
Tough luck for the Badgers.
6 out of 21. Not good bob.

Reactions: RutgHoops
You are right. Good thing it’s in the past.

On the real though, Im rooting for Gard. Much rather see him do well than Fran or Holtman.
You won't have to worry about Fran doing well. He's proven he can't. Holtmann I really have nothing for/against. They're good at times, sucky at others. We've beat them/lost to them. They have like 1 fan here. Matta was better than Holtmann.

Like I said before no decision has been made. All player have quotes like that when they are in the process of trying to be drafted.

Look at Ayo’s quote from a year prior.

If he does declare I’d hope he at least secured a 2nd round guarantee. But I know their targets if he does decide to go and we will be a top 15 team if we secure 1 of them.

Don’t need to cross that bridge until we get there though.

Demonstrably not true

Exactly. Most players borderline being drafted at least leave the door open to coming back. Cock is Burning wants no part of that. I don’t blame him though. Illinois is probably the worst state there is.
Facts....About 3 years ago, I went to Chatham. Stopped at a store. My buddy went to get a pack of smokes...they were 9 fukin dollars....I was gonna buy a scratch off---Clerks says---Good luck getting paid if ya win big---State is fukin broke...I asked---Is that why no one is working out on the highway, even though it was early Tuesday morning, signs indicating "Men at Work", barriers up, equipment sitting on the side of the highway...

Worst fuking drive, ever. Nothing but corn. But to be fair, the tournament I worked, the town was cool as shit. Had some kind of festival going on...Fields were beautiful.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Facts....About 3 years ago, I went to Chatham. Stopped at a store. My buddy went to get a pack of smokes...they were 9 fukin dollars....I was gonna buy a scratch off---Clerks says---Good luck getting paid if ya win big---State is fukin broke...I asked---Is that why no one is working out on the highway, even though it was early Tuesday morning, signs indicating "Men at Work", barriers up, equipment sitting on the side of the highway...

Worst fuking drive, ever. Nothing but corn. But to be fair, the tournament I worked, the town was cool as shit. Had some kind of festival going on...Fields were beautiful.

Visited Chicago a couple weeks ago and they still had mask mandates lol

You won't have to worry about Fran doing well. He's proven he can't. Holtmann I really have nothing for/against. They're good at times, sucky at others. We've beat them/lost to them. They have like 1 fan here. Matta was better than Holtmann.

Loved Matta but to early to tell for me. His first four years Osu missed the tournament twice and made it twice. In year 5 they played an 8/9 game and lost to Fran while he was at Siena. The one glaring difference is obviously Matta had the Oden/Conley year but it’s silly IMO to judge much off a single tournament run. Osu needed to hit a miracle 3 in RD2 to get to OT that season.

Holtmann has made the tournament every year and except for last year, won a game in the tournament but as mentioned above I certainly don’t put a lot of weight on a single tournament run and especially in a year like last when it was that unusual because of Covid. Add in the grind of last years B10 season where it felt like every week there were 5/6 games of Top 10 teams and I think the mental and physical toll showed for the entire conference.

Reactions: jwardelt
That’s my point. Michigan has the better recent success during Howard’s tenure and is recruiting significantly better. That puts them in a tier above.
In recruiting? Absolutely. One the court? We will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT