ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Facts....About 3 years ago, I went to Chatham. Stopped at a store. My buddy went to get a pack of smokes...they were 9 fukin dollars....I was gonna buy a scratch off---Clerks says---Good luck getting paid if ya win big---State is fukin broke...I asked---Is that why no one is working out on the highway, even though it was early Tuesday morning, signs indicating "Men at Work", barriers up, equipment sitting on the side of the highway...

Worst fuking drive, ever. Nothing but corn. But to be fair, the tournament I worked, the town was cool as shit. Had some kind of festival going on...Fields were beautiful.
Nothing says classy like gauging a state by the cost of smokes.
Do you close your eyes while driving through Kentucky North? Indiana looks just like Illinois with more meth.

Reactions: pig1960
He is literally saying he isn’t coming back and accepting improper benefits. You seem to be the guy living in a fantasy world.

Maybe Kofi would rather play in the gLeague rather than coming back to play for Underwood. Tough look…
We know that it is highly unlikely that he comes back, and if he doesn't return, we won't be shocked. However, he's also indicating to people that he would return under the right circumstances. If it weren't for the schoolwork, he'd be back.

This probably makes me a bad fan (I don’t really care), but I don’t give a fvck if he messes up recruiting. They’re going to be a much more ingestible product under Woodson than Arch.

Obviously, that’s not a high bar, but just running an up tempo offense that looks maybe sometimes competent is going to be a nice change of pace. Even the big games IU won in the Archie era weren’t exactly fun to watch. They were rock fights. I’m just looking forward to not that
This seems oddly familiar.

Seventeen finalists for the 2021 USA Basketball Men’s U19 World Cup Team were announced Monday night, following four practice sessions over two days at TCU in Fort Worth, Texas that involved 26 players. The list of finalists includes 10 players who completed their first collegiate season in 2020-21 and seven players from the high school class of 2021.

Named as finalists were: Patrick Baldwin Jr. (Hamilton H.S./Sussex, Wis.); Kendall Brown (Sunrise Christian Academy /Cottage Grove, Minn.); Kennedy Chandler (Sunrise Christian Academy/Memphis, Tenn.); Jonathan Davis (Wisconsin/La Crosse, Wis.); Caleb Furst (Blackhawk Christian School/Fort Wayne, Ind.); Jordan Hall (Texas A&M/Wildwood, N.J.); Chet Holmgren (Minnehaha Academy/Minneapolis, Minn.); Harrison Ingram (St. Mark’s School/Dallas, Texas); Jaden Ivey (Purdue /South Bend, Ind.); Ryan Kalkbrenner (Creighton/St. Louis, Mo.); Kenneth Lofton Jr. (Louisiana Tech/Port Arthur, Texas); Mike Miles (TCU/Lancaster, Texas); Adam Miller (Louisiana State/Chicago, Ill.); Trey Patterson (Villanova /Somerset, N.J.); .); Deivon Smith (Georgia Tech/Loganville, Ga.); Jabari Walker (Colorado/Inglewood, Calif.) and Peyton Watson (Long Beach Poly Tech H.S./Long Beach, Calif).

Thats right, give Howard time to reveal what he actually brings.
I think we've seen that Howard can coach and bring guys in that fit his system already. He's not a do more with less guy, but he won't have to be.

Seventeen finalists for the 2021 USA Basketball Men’s U19 World Cup Team were announced Monday night, following four practice sessions over two days at TCU in Fort Worth, Texas that involved 26 players. The list of finalists includes 10 players who completed their first collegiate season in 2020-21 and seven players from the high school class of 2021.

Named as finalists were: Patrick Baldwin Jr. (Hamilton H.S./Sussex, Wis.); Kendall Brown (Sunrise Christian Academy /Cottage Grove, Minn.); Kennedy Chandler (Sunrise Christian Academy/Memphis, Tenn.); Jonathan Davis (Wisconsin/La Crosse, Wis.); Caleb Furst (Blackhawk Christian School/Fort Wayne, Ind.); Jordan Hall (Texas A&M/Wildwood, N.J.); Chet Holmgren (Minnehaha Academy/Minneapolis, Minn.); Harrison Ingram (St. Mark’s School/Dallas, Texas); Jaden Ivey (Purdue /South Bend, Ind.); Ryan Kalkbrenner (Creighton/St. Louis, Mo.); Kenneth Lofton Jr. (Louisiana Tech/Port Arthur, Texas); Mike Miles (TCU/Lancaster, Texas); Adam Miller (Louisiana State/Chicago, Ill.); Trey Patterson (Villanova /Somerset, N.J.); .); Deivon Smith (Georgia Tech/Loganville, Ga.); Jabari Walker (Colorado/Inglewood, Calif.) and Peyton Watson (Long Beach Poly Tech H.S./Long Beach, Calif).

Where’s Duncomb?

Nothing says classy like gauging a state by the cost of smokes.
Do you close your eyes while driving through Kentucky North? Indiana looks just like Illinois with more meth.
tenor.gif

I think we've seen that Howard can coach and bring guys in that fit his system already. He's not a do more with less guy, but he won't have to be.
Biggest question moving forward with Howard is roster construction IMO. Does he consistently construct a roster in the right way(ie are there enough guards, wings, ball handlers, and a nice balance of upper and lower class guys). He can recruit and and coach the hell out of of x and o’s.

Biggest question moving forward with Howard is roster construction IMO. Does he consistently construct a roster in the right way(ie are there enough guards, wings, ball handlers, and a nice balance of upper and lower class guys). He can recruit and and coach the hell out of of x and o’s.
I'd say that's the question for most coaches, but that's accurate. I'm interested to see his x's and o's moving forward. I think Underwood exposed him this season when he didn't have a mismatch in the post, and he didn't adjust well at all. That said, that's one game, and he had some games where the coaching was really good.

You still mad.
The state of Illinois is trashed everywhere. It's not Hawaii. I'm fine with it. I will move away from it one day. I'm just not blind enough to pretend Indiana isn't all cornfields and crackheads.

The state of Illinois is trashed everywhere. It's not Hawaii. I'm fine with it. I will move away from it one day. I'm just not blind enough to pretend Indiana isn't all cornfields and crackheads.
This says a lot about your character.

This says a lot about your character.
Yes, wanting to live somewhere that has the amenities that I allow me to live my life to the fullest rather than spend my life in a place that's okay and comfortable does say a lot about me. I appreciate the compliment.

I'd say that's the question for most coaches, but that's accurate. I'm interested to see his x's and o's moving forward. I think Underwood exposed him this season when he didn't have a mismatch in the post, and he didn't adjust well at all. That said, that's one game, and he had some games where the coaching was really good.

Did Porter Moser expose Underwood?

Yes, wanting to live somewhere that has the amenities that I allow me to live my life to the fullest rather than spend my life in a place that's okay and comfortable does say a lot about me. I appreciate the compliment.
You're very self conscious about the state you live in and what it says about you. It's an interesting take.

So ****ing soft. Grow the **** up. Just the next generation of pussies. No wonder they didn't play well last year. Their feelings were hurt.

Word is Alando leaked it.
Oh I absolutely agree, but with this out here now, you have to think that changes things.

Are you guys going to keep around a coach that the players said they never developed a relationship with and they wouldn’t recommend to recruits to play for?

Oh I absolutely agree, but with this out here now, you have to think that changes things.

Are you guys going to keep around a coach that the players said they never developed a relationship with and they wouldn’t recommend to recruits to play for?
This isn't the first time ex players have said these things. Same things were said about Bo. This type of meeting didn't happen under Bo because they were all too scared. The coach isn't your buddy or best friend. Kids are just soft as baby shit these days.

That UW program has had an inordinate amount of drama come from it the past 4 years. Nigel Hayes, Kobe King, Strength guy getting fired, and now this. Gard slowly sinking the ship Ryan built.

Reactions: Jaycg15 and MGC_07
Gard is a good coach but he’s not Bo, and with all of this drama surrounding him and former players saying they wouldn’t recommend playing for him, is it worth the trouble to keep him around?

Wisconsin is no recruiting powerhouse in basketball but you can’t imagine this does them any favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT