ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

At least Sam Dekker is calling out these betas for what they are.
tenor.gif

You can come root for Illinois. We got rid of our soft culture with Groce. I'll buy you a beer in Champaign.
No, can't do that. We've been in this spot before. Went to a couple final fours after that. I can't root for a team that loses to sister jean. ;)

It's also telling that the meeting was 2 hours and only 37 minutes was leaked. If Gard's response would have been damning, it would have been included.

Reactions: WheelerG
The head coaching duties have been modified in the 21st century to include an additional responsibility of, "Constant ass-kissing of recruits and players."
I’d tend to agree with you, that is part of the game now.

But when close to half of the roster is doing it, maybe the coach is part of the problem.

It's also telling that the meeting was 2 hours and only 37 minutes was leaked. If Gard's response would have been damning, it would have been included.
Whoever released this/recorded is a piece of shit. No reason for this to be publicized.

Hypothetically if Gard is in the wrong, not saying he is, he at least deserves to be able to change his approach with the upcoming group of kids.

Reactions: jwardelt
Whoever released this/recorded is a piece of shit. No reason for this to be publicized.

Hypothetically if Gard is in the wrong, not saying he is, he at least deserves to be able to change his approach with the upcoming group of kids.
From what I can gather, the leak/recorder was Alando. Not reading good things about him in all of this. That's perhaps the most disappointing. Gard will get the chance to right the ship, they renewed his contract recently already knowing all of this. Gard coached under Bo for forever. He's probably a lot like Bo in regards to discipline and what he demands from the players. Today's kids can't handle criticism like they used to.

From what I can gather, the leak/recorder was Alando. Not reading good things about him in all of this. That's perhaps the most disappointing. Gard will get the chance to right the ship, they renewed his contract recently already knowing all of this. Gard coached under Bo for forever. He's probably a lot like Bo in regards to discipline and what he demands from the players. Today's kids can't handle criticism like they used to.
I posted elsewhere that I’d bet money that it was Tucker. Does he not want to coach again in the future?

No, can't do that. We've been in this spot before. Went to a couple final fours after that. I can't root for a team that loses to sister jean. ;)
They recruited God for that game. At least it wasn't to an 11-seed. Also, you just missed out on some free beer. That's some sort of party foul.

Apparently not.

Rumor is he went to the AD and said he should be the coach over Gard. Basically attempted a coup during the season. Now we know why he wasn't retained.
Ridiculous.

Second assistant in the past year thats tried that and failed.

Never heard of that being attempted before.

They can handle it if they are winning big. If not that approach isn’t going to work in today’s environment.

Gard’s going to need to adjust or pull a rabbit out of a hat.

They recruited God for that game. At least it wasn't to an 11-seed. Also, you just missed out on some free beer. That's some sort of party foul.
Not a beer drinker. Whiskey now, that’s a different story.

Illinois isn't a great state. Indiana has all the downside without any upside outside of a lower tax rate. Plus you get the regions in Indiana where having teeth is bougee.
Re:teeth
Illinois borders Arkansas and Missouri both well known for both meth and lack of dental services. Glass houses and rocks yada yada yada in the teeth department. 😂

You might need to check a map if you think Illinois borders Arkansas.
Oops🤭. There is a small but insufficient buffer zone. I’ll throw in Tennessee and Kentucky to make up for the mistake. I think I was thrown off by traveling thru the area and noticing lttle difference in the number of trailers and toothless residents in Arkansas , Tennessee , Kentucky and Illinois.

LOL you border Illinois though????
True - I’m not really defending Indiana, just poking fun at those who think there is some great cultural difference in the majority of the Midwest. Indy is not some great destination city but it does have two pro sports teams and does a decent job of hosting major sporting events - and yes it does have its share of meth heads and hillbillies. Plus basketball is king. We Hoosiers love our bball.

Reactions: bMORE607
What did you say about Doyle at Iowa last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT