ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the moron Rabby calling him a mid major because he knows they aren’t getting him.
If it wasn’t already obvious that Rabby was a clown that post solidified it. What is hilarious is that some of the in-state top prospects in the ‘23 class (Booker and Hooks) were told they’d get offers when they visited campus and then they go and offer Colvin yesterday when they have zero chance of getting him. Classic.

Little update
Wouldn’t go that far on Casey, Underwood wasn’t impressed by his recent play on Friday.

He will fall in the rankings when the scouting sites update.

Huff and Corhen are bigger priorities at the power forward right now.

If it wasn’t already obvious that Rabby was a clown that post solidified it. What is hilarious is that some of the in-state top prospects in the ‘23 class (Booker and Hooks) were told they’d get offers when they visited campus and then they go and offer Colvin yesterday when they have zero chance of getting him. Classic.
Yea that’s a weird situation. IU definitely should have offered Booker and Hooks before Colvin. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Yea that’s a weird situation. IU definitely should have offered Booker and Hooks before Colvin. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

I think Colvin can end up in the same tier as those guys before all is said and done and in a normal situation, wouldn’t fault them at all for offering him. But when literally everyone knows that this kid is such a slam dunk to Purdue, it raises eyebrows.

I think Colvin can end up in the same tier as those guys before all is said and done and in a normal situation, wouldn’t fault them at all for offering him. But when literally everyone knows that this kid is such a slam dunk to Purdue, it raises eyebrows.
The others are clearly better at this point, so it doesn’t make sense to offer him first when the others were told there would be no offers to 2023s prior to a campus visit. The fact that he’s likely Purdue bound already makes it even weirder.

The others are clearly better at this point, so it doesn’t make sense to offer him first when the others were told there would be no offers to 2023s prior to a campus visit. The fact that he’s likely Purdue bound already makes it even weirder.
Oh no doubt they’re better now but Colvin is only 15 going into his junior year which is really young. And he’s already 6’5 200. Doesn’t make any sense and now gives opposing coaches some ammo to use against Woody in recruiting too.

Oh no doubt they’re better now but Colvin is only 15 going into his junior year which is really young. And he’s already 6’5 200. Doesn’t make any sense and now gives opposing coaches some ammo to use against Woody in recruiting too.
Yea I agree. I guess the good thing is that 2023 is a long way away, and there is plenty of time to repair those relationships.

Reactions: boiler1987
Watching the US Open with my wife putting our daughter to bed. Rahm coming up so huge down the stretch, and I got him at 9:1! Perfect fcking father’s day so far.
Can‘t believe Oosty pulled that tee shot into the shit.

Bryson’s back 9 looks very familiar to me.

Not complaining since my bet is 99.99% going to hit, but Louis just pulled a Don Johnson in Tin Cup by laying up when he’s down 2 strokes. Gutless.

Seems like he’s very overrated at the moment. Coach Howard doesn’t seem that High on him either
I hope he goes to Gonzaga. So if Illinois passes on him, he doesn’t take it personal and go wild on twice in conference every year.

He’s a good kid, but matured early and hasn’t added much to his game.

Watching the US Open with my wife putting our daughter to bed. Rahm coming up so huge down the stretch, and I got him at 9:1! Perfect fcking father’s day so far.
UzD1p5x.png

My heart wanted Louis to win but my DK account thanks Rahm for pulling it off (just a 3 entry max $15 tournament) but I’ll still take it.

Wouldn’t go that far on Casey, Underwood wasn’t impressed by his recent play on Friday.

He will fall in the rankings when the scouting sites update.

Huff and Corhen are bigger priorities at the power forward right now.
Seems like all three major mean streets kids(Casey,Washington and Rodgers) have underwhelmed this spring. All were considered elite recruits early but haven’t developed.

Reactions: MGC_07
Seems like all three major mean streets kids(Casey,Washington and Rodgers) have underwhelmed this spring. All were considered elite recruits early but haven’t developed.
Casey and Rodgers need to add reliable jumpers for the next level. Both have the frames to be high D-1 guys, just not top 50 guys anymore.

I’ve heard Washington has been solid when playing, but has had injuries keeping him out multiple weekends.

When he plays he’s been solid but the athleticism just isn’t there and he’s soft. The reviews have been very mixed about him this spring.
Just because Washington isn’t a high flyer doesn’t mean he I sn’t athletic.

For a guy who plays the 4 or 5 he guards extremely well on switches on the perimeter. And offensively he is extremely fluid on his go-to post fade.

Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore
National guys seem to be just off on the state of Michigan recently, it takes them some time to get it right. Last years class was really underrated to start the cycle but the national guys seemed to finally figure it out by the end.

Ty Rodgers is not a top 50 recruit right now. His teammate in highschool, RJ Taylor, is arguably more impactful for his teams success. You can’t be a wing ranked in the top 50 without a really solid handle or jumper, and Rodgers just really hasn’t shown either. The guy has potential, great athlete and a great competitor. If he develops in those areas he could very well be a top 50 guy. That ranking just feels a bit generous right now.

When he plays he’s been solid but the athleticism just isn’t there and he’s soft. The reviews have been very mixed about him this spring.
When he has played he’s put up good numbers. Nothing mixed about it. He’s an elite shooter for a big man. He moves fine. He doesn’t need to be a major athlete, he’s 6-9.

Just because Washington isn’t a high flyer doesn’t mean he I sn’t athletic.

For a guy who plays the 4 or 5 he guards extremely well on switches on the perimeter. And offensively he is extremely fluid on his go-to post fade.
Once again, agree

Yes he has
To be fair, I’m basing what I said off of one guy who saw him at some tournament and said he was pretty underwhelming. Could have just been a bad performance. You would probably know better.

I’ve heard he’s UNC bound though. Is Purdue still pursuing? I know MSU is not involved anymore.

To be fair, I’m basing what I said off of one guy who saw him at some tournament and said he was pretty underwhelming. Could have just been a bad performance. You would probably know better.

I’ve heard he’s UNC bound though. Is Purdue still pursuing? I know MSU is not involved anymore.
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say yes, based only on buddy’s dismissiveness and insistence Washington hasn’t been underwhelming...

Reactions: MGC_07 and jwardelt

UNC bound? That’d be news to us as it’s been rumored for awhile he’s likely to stay relatively close to him. Purdue is still after him. Why did MSU drop out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT