ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me that people can say Izzo did the right thing in both the Appling and Washington situation. That’s going too far to defend someone and not using logic. Washington was kicked off the team, Appling never sat a minute. Which one did Izzo handle better?

MSU fans and Gillinois: “both! He handled them both perfect!”
Not using logic would be to assume every situation is the same. Must be no situations in your life that you would’ve handled differently if you had had knowledge from prior mistakes. Nobody has said Izzo did the right thing. I said I don’t blame Izzo for Appling murdering a dude 10 years later. But continue playing devil’s advocate.

Not using logic would be to assume every situation is the same. Must be no situations in your life that you would’ve handled differently if you had had knowledge from prior mistakes. Nobody has said Izzo did the right thing. I said I don’t blame Izzo for Appling murdering a dude 10 years later. But continue playing devil’s advocate.

Do you think Izzo should have sat Appling at all when he learned that Appling refused to let a girl leave his dorm when she tried to refuse sex and leave? Then pressured her into having it? Do you think that’s conduct becoming of a scholarship athlete?

Sounds like you think because there were no charges Appling shouldn’t have been disciplined.

So why Washington?

Do you think Izzo should have sat Appling at all when he learned that Appling refused to let a girl leave his dorm when she tried to refuse sex and leave? Then pressured her into having it? Do you think that’s conduct becoming of a scholarship athlete?

Sounds like you think because there were no charges Appling shouldn’t have been disciplined.

So why Washington?
Should Kobe Bryant ever been allowed to play for the Lakers again?

If the justice system isn’t punishing someone for a serious crime like rape, why should Izzo be the one that has to draw the line on what is a fair punishment?

You love to avoid the nuance of this situation.

Should Kobe Bryant ever been allowed to play for the Lakers again?

If the justice system isn’t punishing someone for a serious crime like rape, why should Izzo be the one that has to draw the line on what is a fair punishment?

You love to avoid the nuance of this situation.

Ask Brock Washington

You know this guy?
I don't "know" any people on the forum - except the other half of this account. Arch has been on Rivals for a long time. He's definitely not what you guys are making him out to be. I haven't paid close attention to your arguments, so I'm not landing on a side on that front.

Reactions: cmore79
I don't "know" any people on the forum - except the other half of this account. Arch has been on Rivals for a long time. He's definitely not what you guys are making him out to be. I haven't paid close attention to your arguments, so I'm not landing on a side on that front.

The dude tried to argue for about 50 posts that Caleb Houstan is not a good shooter. He went as far as making something up about Houstan having a low release which is emphatically not true. It was Gil level denial.

He also said Illinois and Gonzaga are the favorites to win the title of Kofi comes back

The dude tried to argue for about 50 posts that Caleb Houstan is not a good shooter. He went as far as making something up about Houstan having a low release which is emphatically not true. It was Gil level denial.

He also said Illinois and Gonzaga are the favorites to win the title of Kofi comes back
It’s really too bad for your argument that we have the posts available.

I literally said
“ PG- Curbelo
SG- Frazier/Plummer
SF- Hutcherson/Podz
PF-Grandison/Williams
C- Cockburn/Payne

That’s most likely a top 5 team in the nation. And if they can somehow add an upgrade to the power forward position before the season, I’d argue they should be favorites along with Gonzaga for the title.”

That’s assuming we add a player like Tre Mitchell and get Kofi back.

We’ve been over the Caleb Houston argument for a while. But that’s just a difference of opinion. I expect more from a recruit rated 6th in the country for his class.

No surprise you switch the conversation after your lack of response to my last post.

I wouldn't say we're favorites, but I think our talent and experience will compete with anyone. It's fully dependent on whether Hutcherson is as good as everyone who has seen him claim he is. He hasn't played in two years and is coming off a back injury, so I'm a bit more hesitant to believe he'll be the stud we've heard he is.

Hold up…let’s set aside Gilinois, he is irrelevant. Your account has been two people this entire time? Mind blown.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
I wouldn't say we're favorites, but I think our talent and experience will compete with anyone. It's fully dependent on whether Hutcherson is as good as everyone who has seen him claim he is. He hasn't played in two years and is coming off a back injury, so I'm a bit more hesitant to believe he'll be the stud we've heard he is.
The only 2 teams that were a step above us last year were Baylor and Gonzaga. Gonzaga loses everyone from their rotation outside of Drew Timme, Andrew Nembhard, and Anton Watson. Baylor loses 4 starters in Davion Mitchell, Jared Butler, Macio Teague, and Mark Vital. Dudes reaching at this point.

It’s really too bad for your argument that we have the posts available.

I literally said
“ PG- Curbelo
SG- Frazier/Plummer
SF- Hutcherson/Podz
PF-Grandison/Williams
C- Cockburn/Payne

That’s most likely a top 5 team in the nation. And if they can somehow add an upgrade to the power forward position before the season, I’d argue they should be favorites along with Gonzaga for the title.”

That’s assuming we add a player like Tre Mitchell and get Kofi back.

We’ve been over the Caleb Houston argument for a while. But that’s just a difference of opinion. I expect more from a recruit rated 6th in the country for his class.

No surprise you switch the conversation after your lack of response to my last post.

^ Gillinois

“Houstan has a low release” - you.

Gil used to make stuff up, too.
I’d probably try and switch the conversation if I was wrong on everything mentioned so far too.

I love hearing about how you would’ve suspended Appling for a game because you are a real righteous dude.

I will take Illinois over Michigan, but I can see an argument for either. After that I disagree.
I think the same 3 teams are up next but I don’t think they have as much upside as the 2 former. I have serious doubts all 3 return for Maryland anyways. Purdue looks like a team ranked 10-20 unless another guard steps up to help Ivey out. Top 5 are the same, but agree to disagree on the order.

The only 2 teams that were a step above us last year were Baylor and Gonzaga. Gonzaga loses everyone from their rotation outside of Drew Timme, Andrew Nembhard, and Anton Watson. Baylor loses 4 starters in Davion Mitchell, Jared Butler, Macio Teague, and Mark Vital. Dudes reaching at this point.
Well...Loyola was better for at least 1 game, so there's that.

I will take Illinois over Michigan, but I can see an argument for either. After that I disagree.
I think the same 3 teams are up next but I don’t think they have as much upside as the 2 former. I have serious doubts all 3 return for Maryland anyways. Purdue looks like a team ranked 10-20 unless another guard steps up to help Ivey out. Top 5 are the same, but agree to disagree on the order.
You lost a 1st team all American and one of your better guards. Your best recruit is a player from Indiana that no Indiana team wanted.

It probably doesn’t matter though, because when Cockburn stays in the draft Illinois becomes irrelevant.

You lost a 1st team all American and one of your better guards. Your best recruit is a player from Indiana that no Indiana team wanted.

It probably doesn’t matter though, because when Cockburn stays in the draft Illinois becomes irrelevant.
Looked fine without him when we played at Michigan and Wisconsin.

I’d be hoping for no Cockburn if I was you too.

Looked fine without him when we played at Michigan and Wisconsin.

I’d be hoping for no Cockburn if I was you too.
You really think it doesn’t hurt you that Ayo and Miller left? My goodness Gil really has been resurrected!!!

Of course I’m hoping Cockburn stays in the draft. It takes Illinois from semi relevant to irrelevant.

You really think it doesn’t hurt you that Ayo and Miller left? My goodness Gil really has been resurrected!!!

Of course I’m hoping Cockburn stays in the draft. It takes Illinois from semi relevant to irrelevant.
Even with burning cock they won’t be near as good without Ayo and Miller and Georgi notgonnaworkhereanymore and whoever else left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT