ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't cover for the kid but he didn't find anything wrong with what Adrien Payne (eye witness) said Appling did when he corroborated that the girl told Appling no and wanted to leave.
Seems like there is a more systemic problems in this specific case considering the girl brought this case to university counselor’s instead of the police. And then it did get took to any court for 5+ years. Izzo’s job isn’t to be judge, jury, and executioner for his own players. Thats on the judicial system for not taking the case seriously and punishing him.

It certainly shows that Appling’s character has been an issue for a while though.

Seems like there is a more systemic problems in this specific case considering the girl brought this case to university counselor’s instead of the police. And then it did get took to any court for 5+ years. Izzo’s job isn’t to be judge, jury, and executioner for his own players. Thats on the judicial system for not taking the case seriously and punishing him.

It certainly shows that Appling’s character has been an issue for a while though.

Anyone should be able to read the police report that had Adrien Payne's (Appling's own teammate) eye witness account of the situation and realize Appling f***ed up. It's not Izzo's job to put the kid in jail but he could read the police report and determine Appling "had character issues" that warranted a 1 game suspension.

Adrien Payne literally said that the girl told Appling no and tried to leave, but Appling didn't let her. What's so bad about sitting him a game to think about why that's messed up?

Izzo getting blamed for Applings actions makes as much sense as blaming Painter for Swanigan’s.

Both coaches have 0% of the blame, especially when they haven’t been in the program for almost a decade now. Overall, it’s just a weird hill to die on.

Appling raped the girl in college. Murder and smoking weed isnt remotely comparable. Jesus. It was a stupid comparison, which is the point.
@VulvHa tell me where he compared the crimes? Reading comprehension brah!

Now I don't exactly agree with him. A lot of people who let Appling skirt the rules his whole life should feel partly responsible.

I hold the players responsible for their own actions, not their coaches from a decade ago.
Don't fvck up by posting stupid comments. You ever heard the term spoiled brats, coddled, egocentric, etc? If someone fails to be held accountable for wrongdoings they can have a higher chance of commuting more wrongdoings thinking there won't be repercussions.

If you want to compare him to a former Matt Painter player, it would be a closer comparison to use Lewis Jackson...

🎣
*ducks for cover*

Anyone should be able to read the police report that had Adrien Payne's (Appling's own teammate) eye witness account of the situation and realize Appling f***ed up. It's not Izzo's job to put the kid in jail but he could read the police report and determine Appling "had character issues" that warranted a 1 game suspension.

Adrien Payne literally said that the girl told Appling no and tried to leave, but Appling didn't let her. What's so bad about sitting him a game to think about why that's messed up?

Certainly should have in retrospect, but we also have seen it lead to even worse actions. I tend to give people the benefit of doubt when it regards to theses types of things.

@VulvHa tell me where he compared the crimes? Reading comprehension brah!

Now I don't exactly agree with him. A lot of people who let Appling skirt the rules his whole life should feel partly responsible.
He brought up Swanigan as a comparison, which is ridiculous to start with. I don’t care that he was talking about coaches. Weed isn’t a big deal and will be legal in every state within the next 5-10 years. Plus, Appling raped a girl while in college, so once again a bad comparison.

If you want to compare him to a former Matt Painter player, it would be a closer comparison to use Lewis Jackson...

🎣
*ducks for cover*
Once again, a drug charge isn’t remotely on the same level as murder or rape. If you say Kyle Williams, that would be a good comparison.

Once again, a drug charge isn’t remotely on the same level as murder or rape. If you say Kyle Williams, that would be a good comparison.
How many people did Lewis kill with the heroin he was dealing?...

🎣

Please send the link. I haven’t read anything about him causing any deaths. It’s hilarious that you think this was so clever…
It’s hilarious that you don’t realize I’m just trolling to make fun of the fact that there were numerous drug dealers that came out of the Painter program.

🎣

It’s hilarious that you don’t realize I’m just trolling to make fun of the fact that there were numerous drug dealers that came out of the Painter program.

🎣
It’s actually sad that you are trolling about a topic that relates to murder and rape, but you keep being you…

Reactions: RutgHoops
He brought up Swanigan as a comparison, which is ridiculous to start with. I don’t care that he was talking about coaches. Weed isn’t a big deal and will be legal in every state within the next 5-10 years. Plus, Appling raped a girl while in college, so once again a bad comparison.
Ok I'll mark you down as have reading comprehension problems. I'm truly amazed.

Nope you’re just an idiot. The only people that agrees with the new Gilinois are you and the other IU fan.
No I said I don't exactly agree with him, but I 100% disagree with you because you can't read and comprehend, it's called reading comprehension. And the only ones who agree with you are the Michigan fans and the other Purdue fan. I hope to god I'm being trolled, for your sake.

Knicks Hawks game is electric right now. Seeing the Knicks fan get to have a good team is so fun to watch.

God, I wish the Pistons could do this shit. We’ve been ass since Chauncey left

Reactions: RichardMassive
No I said I don't exactly agree with him, but I 100% disagree with you because you can't read and comprehend, it's called reading comprehension. And the only ones who agree with you are the Michigan fans and the other Purdue fan. I hope to god I'm being trolled, for your sake.
Gawd…not sure how you can’t understand that comparing rape/murder to weed is ridiculous in any circumstance. Like I said, if the comparison was Kyle Williams or another example with Crump, would have been reasonable.

Is this a millennial thing? Purposely misconstrue a statement to troll? That's all it takes now?

Certainly should have in retrospect, but we also have seen it lead to even worse actions. I tend to give people the benefit of doubt when it regards to theses types of things.

We live in a world where coaches will bench players for missing team meetings, violating curfew, etc.

Payne’s statement on what Appling did is worse than anything like that. Appling never missed a minute.

He didn't compare the crimes. You got reread New Gil's post. Now I disagree with the post, but he didn't compare crimes.
Dude there was an implicit comparison as soon as Swanigan was brought up. If you have a coach/program that has former players that are rapists and murders vs one with drug crimes, are they the same? Plus, the player in question raped a girl while he was in school and he didn’t get punsihed at all. Fcking Payne told the cops on video that the girl said no, but Appling wouldn’t let her leave the room.

Dude there was an implicit comparison as soon as Swanigan was brought up. If you have a coach/program that has former players that are rapists and murders vs one with drug crimes, are they the same? Plus, the player in question raped a girl while he was in school and he didn’t get punsihed at all. Fcking Payne told the cops on video that the girl said no, but Appling wouldn’t let her leave the room.
No he didn't compare the crimes. But Izzo should definitely get some blame for Appling while he was at MSU, that I don't agree with in his post.

No he didn't compare the crimes. But Izzo should definitely get some blame for Appling while he was at MSU, that I don't agree with in his post.
He used Swanigan as an excuse for Izzo, which is BS. There was an implicit whataboutism comparison.

That's your problem. You gotta go drink and then reread Gillinois' post.
Izzo getting blamed for Applings actions makes as much sense as blaming Painter for Swanigan’s.

Both coaches have 0% of the blame, especially when they haven’t been in the program for almost a decade now. Overall, it’s just a weird hill to die on.
So this doesn’t implicitly justify Izzo/MSU by using Swanigan as an example? Appling raped a girl while in school, and Izzo/MSU did nothing and actually coddled him. Now he is wanted for murder. Izzo/MSU should certainly take some blame.

So this doesn’t implicitly justify Izzo/MSU by using Swanigan as an example? Appling raped a girl while in school, and Izzo/MSU did nothing and actually coddled him. Now he is wanted for murder. Izzo/MSU should certainly take some blame.
I agree with everything about Izzo getting blame.

Reactions: IUBtown
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT