ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t see it with Jones. Lateral mobility wasn’t very good. He looked like a guy that moved up from the Sun Belt. God straight line speed though.

I could see your first end being true, but last year’s line up was better at the top. Wagner and Livers are at the very least two of the best three in that group - if not, the best two.

In what world would Wagner and Livers last year be better than Dickinson this year?

You missed the second half where Jones played much better
You missed my post saying I watched the second half. He didn’t do anything in the half court. He made all of his plays in the open court. His few drives all were stymied.

Houstan/Johns/Dicksinson/Diabate/Williams will be as good as Wagner/Livers/Dickinson/Davis/Johns

Jones/Brooks should be similar to Smith/Brooks

That’s comes down to our guard depth then. Not sure any of the three (Bufkin looked raw, Zeb and Collins didn’t play) will come close to what Chaundee did off the bench but collectively they should be good depth.
I don’t doubt Michigan will be good. I think the downfall is experience.

You missed my post saying I watched the second half. He didn’t do anything in the half court. He made all of his plays in the open court. His few drives all were stymied.

He looked every bit on Mike Smith level. Maybe you didn’t see Smith much then? l

Let’s say from 14 and 7 to 16 and 8. Better defense, better passing, more efficient.
okay that’s a definitely reasonable expectation. As I was reading the thread I thought you were going to throw something outlandish out there.

That was one of the “knocks” of Dickinson as a recruit in that he basically was already at his ceiling because he was already so polished. Plus he’s probably close to the oldest true sophomore in the country. Hell he’s a couple months older than Brandon Newman and he’s a redshirt sophomore.

okay that’s a definitely reasonable expectation. As I was reading the thread I thought you were going to throw something outlandish out there.

That was one of the “knocks” of Dickinson as a recruit in that he basically was already at his ceiling because he was already so polished. Plus he’s probably close to the oldest true sophomore in the country. Hell he’s a couple months older than Brandon Newman and he’s a redshirt sophomore.
He’s older than Trevion Williams

He’s older than Trevion Williams
Okay I was in awe when you said that & I had to google that. I believe Trevion is 2 months older than Dickinson but that is still insane. Not even fair he made all-freshman team TBH. Tainted as hell, he’s like the little league pitcher that was a badass back in the day that turned out to be actually 21 or whatever when he was suppose to be 13.

So basically Dickinson was a Junior last season. Damn.

Okay I was in awe when you said that & I had to google that. I believe Trevion is 2 months older than Dickinson but that is still insane. Not even fair he made all-freshman team TBH. Tainted as hell, he’s like the little league pitcher that was a badass back in the day that turned out to be actually 21 or whatever when he was suppose to be 13.

It’s not that unusual anymore, but it’s crazy. I forgot the actual difference, but I was shocked by that too.

It’s not that unusual anymore, but it’s crazy. I forgot the actual difference, but I was shocked by that too.
Yeah I know kids get held back & whatnot but Dickinson would be even older for the class he was suppose to be in the first place.

Danny Almonte?

Reactions: otte21

At the very least Dickinson would benefit from:

1. A full offseason working with Michigan coaches, rather than a month last offseason.
2. A full offseason of Michigan strength and conditioning.

Then there’s actual game improvements that a full year can help with. Better passing/decisions out of double teams, for example.

Plenty of older freshmen still develop from freshman to sophomore. Plenty of people develop through all 4 years of their career, even. I don’t think it’s fair to call any freshman “at their ceiling” even if they are a year old for their class.

Someone else can look ages up from this years team but I did this last year:

I’ve posted this before.

Big Ten All Freshman Team (at time of selection):
CJ Fredrick. Age 20, born 7/10/1999
Kofi Cockburn. Age 20, born 9/1/1999
Trayce Jackson-Davis. Age 20, born 2/22/2000
Rocket Watts. Age 20, born 6/1/2000
Franz Wagner. Age 18, born 8/27/2001

(Year later)
Hunter Dickinson: Age 20, born 11/25/2020

So in comparison he was younger than the two guys who redshirted and older than the guys who didn’t. So he was basically the average age of a true sophomore / redshirt freshman (a year old for his class).

Last edited:
Eternals was boring. 5/10
Might be the first MCU movie I don’t go see in recent memory. Absolute contrast for how hyped was for Endgame. I don’t think the films are going to get worse but it’s just hard for these characters to have the same level of emotional impact as the first slew of characters.

I’m still excited for the new Spiderman.

Might be the first MCU movie I don’t go see in recent memory. Absolute contrast for how hyped was for Endgame. I don’t think the films are going to get worse but it’s just hard for these characters to have the same level of emotional impact as the first slew of characters.

I’m still excited for the new Spiderman.

I’m down for new characters but good lord their personalities and powers were stale. The only thing that I enjoyed was how cool it was that Robb Stark and Jon Snow did a movie together and the lead female character was named Cersei.

Reactions: MGC_07
This one scene probably gets me more hype than the entire Eternals movie just did. Dune is so full of captivating scenes.

This one scene probably gets me more hype than the entire Eternals movie just did. Dune is so full of captivating scenes.

Stellan Skarsgard was the big winner in this. Best villain I’ve seen in recent memory. Won every scene he was in. I’d honestly just watch an hour video of the Baron’s daily routine.

Stellan Skarsgard was the big winner in this. Best villain I’ve seen in recent memory. Won every scene he was in. I’d honestly just watch an hour video of the Baron’s daily routine.

Love him. Have you watched Chernobyl yet? This is one of my favorite scenes.

Reactions: wilcoben
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT