ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Toast. if you don’t care about the subject matter, why comment on something with irrelevant content? Talking about Ivey and Hunter handling pressure has nothing to do with the posts to which you were responding.

Ohhhhhh now I get it… so you mean things like…

Jeff Brohm has a 46% win percentage at Purdue.

Purdue has never won a national championship in basketball.

Purdue named their court after a guy who’s biggest post season accomplishments were a pair of Elite 8s.
This is not true, you should have put NCAAT instead.

@Toast. if you don’t care about the subject matter, why comment on something with irrelevant content? Talking about Ivey and Hunter handling pressure has nothing to do with the posts to which you were responding.
Sorry, I lost track of the details of the 14 separate debates you were in yesterday, just saw that you brought up very recent games against Texas and Clemson.

Five Big Ten teams in the preseason AP poll:

No. 6 Michigan
No. 7 Purdue
No. 11 Illinois
No. 17 Ohio State
No. 21 Maryland

Was pleasantly surprised to see Rutgers get some votes. I think they’ll surprise this year.

Reactions: Jaycg15
More just a general post since I don't know much about the Hyatt guy, but McConnell was fantastic in their win over Clemson.

I think they are pretty interchangeable. Neither are very good offensively.
Yeah I think McConnell is a better overall player than Hyatt. I just think McConnell has kinda cemented his role as an off the bench energy guy, and he’s pretty good at it.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Who does Rutgers start this year?

This?

Baker
Mulcahy
McConnell
Harper
Omoruyi

Yes. That should be our starting lineup.

Aundre Hyatt (LSU transfer) looks to be our 6th man. Jaden Jones, 2021 frosh, will get PT as well. As will Ralph Agee (SJSU transfer) who will be our back up Center. Mawot Mag (2020 frosh) and Jalen Miller (2021 frosh) may be in line for PT as Pike likes to go deep and we are hearing those two are tough on the defensive end which tends to translate in to minutes for Coach Pike.

This team is going to be "long" as Miller looks like the only player under 6'5" who will get any run. Defense and rebounding will once again be this teams identity.

Reactions: Toast.
Quiet Tuesday on the board. Didn't another program have a secret scrimmage in the last couple of days?

tenor.gif

What was reported was that it was due to minor (non-covid) injuries that made the game not worthwhile. I’m not plugged in enough to know whether this is true or not.
That’s correct. Would have only been 7 scholarship players available and the guys out were all rotation players besides Galloway.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Purdue is probably going at best, 1-3 over the next 4 games.
I am enjoying it, nice to get some attention after a big win. And I'm fine with that as long as we win the last 2 to get to 7-5. Would also like us to win in Lincoln since I'm heading there.

Need @otte21 to do do a photoshop of Ferentz sitting on Brohm's shoulders.

Reactions: Deathclutch
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT