ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You jumped into a discussion about who has the better 40 mpg at the 5 between Purdue and Illinois. I think you know Payne is poor, which is why you continue to avoid the question.
51IEf1jeZ4L._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

For $29.95, you can learn to go back and read what I wrote.

Reactions: flight 33
Fair, but you’re claiming you are going to have an amazing defensive big coming off the bench when he wasn’t an amazing defensive big last year.

That’s like me claiming AJ Hoggard will be a great shooter or Joey Hauser a great defender because of practice. Often, these kinds of projections don’t come to fruition in actual games.
Big men can take longer to develop and he was a top 50 recruit. It’s not uncharacteristic for big men to make a jump between their sophomore and junior season.

Given our staffs confidence in him, it sounds like Florida’s staff may not have utilized him very well.

Reactions: MGC_07
Fun piece of information: an Indiana and Illinois recruit told one of our staff members that Indiana thinks they're the best team in the conference. Shoot for the state of Indiana first.

For free you can stop avoiding the question multiple people have asked you.
I've answered what I think about Payne. If you need me to expound on that, buy the book.

If Indiana finishes above Illinois, I'll buy it for you.

Fun piece of information: an Indiana and Illinois recruit told one of our staff members that Indiana thinks they're the best team in the conference. Shoot for the state of Indiana first.
What Indiana coach should have said to 5* recruit on visit: “We are like the 4th or 5th best team in the B1G. Michigan, Purdue, and likely Illinois will be better than us this year.”

lol you guys latch on to the dumbest sh*t.

What Indiana coach should have said to 5* recruit on visit: “We are like the 4th or 5th best team in the B1G. Michigan, Purdue, and likely Illinois will be better than us this year.”

Luckily the recruit was able to see the talent disparity with his own eyes and come to that conclusion on his own.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
I've answered what I think about Payne. If you need me to expound on that, buy the book.

If Indiana finishes above Illinois, I'll buy it for you.
If Indiana finishes above Illinois, I would guess we don’t see much of you anymore. Although I guess your “brother” could start posting here under the same name.

If Indiana finishes above Illinois, I would guess we don’t see much of you anymore. Although I guess your “brother” could start posting here under the same name.
A bit of idiocy to unpack here.

First, I've been on this name for 15+ years, and this forum for around 8, and I've never reappeared on a different name . You on the other hand cannot say the same.

Second, what is the incentive for me to invent having a brother that shares this profile with me? He posts here very seldom, and I've never once delineated his posts from mine.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
A bit of idiocy to unpack here.

First, I've been on this name for 15+ years, and this forum for around 8, and I've never reappeared on a different name . You on the other hand cannot say the same.

Second, what is the incentive for me to invent having a brother that shares this profile with me? He posts here very seldom, and I've never once delineated his posts from mine.
You’ve stated before that your brother has posted here under your name. I didn’t invent anything.

You’ve stated before that your brother has posted here under your name. I didn’t invent anything.
I'll have to see if the proper use of quotation marks is outlined in the Adult Beginning Reader Program.

Kids don’t like to be treated like they are dumb. Or lied to their face.

Should’ve pitched that they will take a step forward this year and he can help them become a championship contender when he gets there. Or something along those lines.

Kids don’t like to be treated like they are dumb. Or lied to their face.

Should’ve pitched that they will take a step forward this year and he can help them become a championship contender when he gets there. Or something along those lines.
I would be pissed if Woodson doesn’t think he has the best team in the Big Ten this year. That’s a loser attitude.

I’m sure Fears was very turned off by that lol.

Yep. I’ll ask it again. Do your insiders think you are going to get Fears?
The one that is close to his dad does. The rest think the logical thing - we're at the top of a recruitment for a top 30 guy player, and nothing is done until his name is on the dotted line.

Reactions: cmore79
But let's be real, these things never play out like this. We'll take whichever one we can get, if we can get one.
The staff isn’t playing it that way right now. They like Boswell that much more, currently.

So you think Fears is turned off that Woodson says he has the best team in the Big Ten this year, but not turned off by Illinois wanting another player more than him? 🤡
Our staff thinks they can play together. But isn’t willing to take Fears, yet, because they aren’t sure Boswell thinks the same and they like him more.

Indiana is Fears’ safety net right now. He wants Illinois. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

You and NC are cute trying to troll. The day I get worked up over you trying to troll me is the day that I stop posting here.

I'm just going off reports that he's been doing very well on defense. I'll trust the evaluation from a coach that's done a very good job of it over some guy on a fan blog.

I'm sure that Payne struggled at Florida. He was asked to fill a much different role, and he was being developed by Mike White. I'm fine with the guy coming in and fouling for 10-15 minutes, providing shot blocking, and setting high ball screens. That's all he has to do.

"I'm fine with the guy coming in and fouling for 10-15 minutes,"

Illinois fans are now counting fouling as a positive and good defense apparently.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Our staff thinks they can play together. But isn’t willing to take Fears, yet, because they aren’t sure Boswell thinks the same and they like him more.

Indiana is Fears’ safety net right now. He wants Illinois. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Lol and yet you think Fears isn’t offended by that, but he is that Wooden is confident in his team?

As for your safety net speculation, that’s fine. We have a 5* PG in 2022, so missing on another in 2023 isn’t a huge.

Fears would commit to Illinois today if he actually wanted to.

You don't like the discussion because you don't like the answer.
Nope. I think it's a discussion that is oversimplified that I don't care to piss in the wind while explaining it to people who intentionally argue in bad faith. Speaking of which:

"I'm fine with the guy coming in and fouling for 10-15 minutes,"

Illinois fans are now counting fouling as a positive and good defense apparently.
Was this an argument in bad faith or a failure in understanding nuance?

About what we figured. Good opportunity for one of our 4 star freshmen to grab the job and never relenquish it. I'm sure Gillis would transfer for sure then. TIC

Nope. I think it's a discussion that is oversimplified that I don't care to piss in the wind while explaining it to people who intentionally argue in bad faith. Speaking of which:

Was this an argument in bad faith or a failure in understanding nuance?

Omar Payne fouled 6.2 times per 40. That's worse than any player in the Big Ten. Thoughts?

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Illinois was better last year at the 5 than Purdue.

And our staff thinks Payne is an upgrade over Giorgi.

Make of that what you will.
100% going to regret this, but took a few min break from work to look at last year’s stats.

TW: 25.1 min / 15.5 pts / 9.1 reb / 2.3 ast / 0.6 blk / 0.7 stl / 2.4 to / 52.5% fg / 50.0% ft
ZE: 14.7 min / 8.7 pts / 4.4 reb / 0.4 ast / 1.1 blk / 0.1 stl / 1.4 to / 59.7% fg / 71.4% ft
Total: 39.8 min / 24.2 pts / 13.5 reb / 2.7 ast / 1.7 blk / 0.8 stl / 3.8 to / 54.6 % fg / 59.9% ft

KC: 27.9 min / 17.7 pts / 9.5 reb / 0.2 ast / 1.3 blk / 0.3 stl / 1.7 to / 65.4% fg / 55.3% ft
GB: 14.5 min / 5.1 pts / 2.7 reb / 0.4 ast / 0.3 blk / 0.2 stl / 0.9 to / 54.5% fg / 62.9% ft
Total: 41.5 min / 22.8 pts / 12.2 reb / 0.6 ast / 1.6 blk / 0.5 stl / 2.6 to / 62.4% fg / 56.3% ft

Purdue comes out ahead in pts, reb, ast, blk, stl, and ft%. Illini did better in TO and fg%. If we adjust to per 40, Purdue’s numbers get ever so slighlty bumped up while the Illini numbers come down.

Lol and yet you think Fears isn’t offended by that, but he is that Wooden is confident in his team?

As for your safety net speculation, that’s fine. We have a 5* PG in 2022, so missing on another in 2023 isn’t a huge.

Fears would commit to Illinois today if he actually wanted to.
Confident isn’t the right word, delusional is. Indiana was the worst team he’s seen by far in 3 B1G visits. Lol

Btw 4 stars on all 3 sites individual rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT