ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on?
homer-skipping-gif-6.gif

He was suppose to do that like a month ago
1-Shaedon Sharpe
2-Dariq Whitehead
3-Chris Livingston
4-Dereck Lively
5-Anthony Black
6-Brandon Miller
7-Jarace Walker
8-Keyonte George
9-Amari Bailey
10-Adem Bona
11-Cason Wallace
12-Jaden Bradley
13-Cam Whitmore
14-Nick Smith
15-Kyle Filipowski
16-Arterio Morris
17-Mark Mitchell
18-Julian Phillips
19-Yohan Traore
20-Dior Johnson
21-Kel’el Ware
22-Vince Iwuchukwu
23-MJ Rice
24-Seth Trimble
25-Skyy Clark
26-Terrance Arceneaux
27-Zion Cruz
28-Kijani Wright
29-Jordan Walsh
30-Tarris Reed
31-Ernest Udeh
32-Dillon Mitchell
33-Kamari Lands
34-Donovan Clingan
35-Chance Westry
36-Jalen Hood-Schifino
37-Gradey Dick
38-Jalen Washington
39-Bruce Thornton
40-Eric Dailey
41-Tyrell Ward
42-Jayden Epps
43-Dylan Andrews
44-Jett Howard
45-Malik Reneau
46-Braden Huff
47-JJ Starling
48-Isaac Traudt
49-Ty Rodgers
50-Mark Armstrong

This is it currently, but Its more a snapshot in time as it’s fluid and will change by the end.

You said you’d give us your 2021 list though

Yesterday, Kaleb Banks was, and I quote, "a decent pickup." Today he is OG Annunoby 2.0. Tomorrow he is the next Kawhi Leonard.

giphy.gif
I think a bunch of you are mistaking my OG 2.0 comment to saying that he will have as much success and be a first round draft pick. That’s not the case at all. He has the same build and skillset OG did coming into college. He is athletic with high upside. He could flop, but he could also pop off.

He is no guarantee like Clowney or JHS.

I think a bunch of you are mistaking my OG 2.0 comment to saying that he will have as much success and be a first round draft pick. That’s not the case at all. He has the same build and skillset OG did coming into college. He is athletic with high upside. He could flop, but he could also pop off.

He is no guarantee like Clowney or JHS.
Why would anyone assume that you're not implying he'll have the same amount of success as the person you're saying he's the second coming of?

Reactions: Deathclutch
Why would anyone assume that you're not implying he'll have the same amount of success as the person you're saying he's the second coming of?
It’s no different than other similar comparisons in the past. Nerlens Noel - AD 2.0, Trevion Williams - Biggie 2.0, etc.

You guys were raving about Wheeler after his freshman year. Many Purdue fans were expecting him to leave early for the NBA.
Wheeler was fvcking awesome as a freshman in his limited minutes and was a key contributor on an elite 8 team. He just forgot how to shoot the ball after his freshman year. I don’t recall any pre-freshman expectations for him at all though. But I was excited for his sophomore to senior years.

I don’t remember anyone thinking he was leaving early for the NBA.

Wheeler was fvcking awesome as a freshman in his limited minutes and was a key contributor on an elite 8 team. He just forgot how to shoot the ball after his freshman year. I don’t recall any pre-freshman expectations for him at all though. But I was excited for his sophomore to senior years.

I don’t remember anyone thinking he was leaving early for the NBA.
If the search function worked, I would gladly pull some of those leaving early comments. At a minimum, you will agree that Purdue fans thought he would be better than Vince Edwards after his freshman season.

Good lord that’s awful. Bufkin over Eli Brooks? No. Not this year.

And this sentence:
“the piece that raises Michigan’s ceiling from Big Ten contender to National contender. For Michigan to get there, Bufkin would almost certainly have to rank as one of the top ten guards in the conference, his inclusion on this list is a bet that he gets there a year earlier than expected.”

Bufkin is a nice wildcard that could be a rotation player for us. But that take is ridiculous.

Davante Jones/Eli Brooks/Frankie Collins / Zeb Jackson

Caleb Houstan / Brandon Johns / Terrance Williams / Will Tschetter

Hunter Dickinson / Mousa Diabate

That’s a pretty loaded roasted even without Bufkin so the idea Bufkin needs to be a top 10 guard for us to be a top tier team is a odd.

Good lord that’s awful. Bufkin over Eli Brooks? No. Not this year.

And this sentence:
“the piece that raises Michigan’s ceiling from Big Ten contender to National contender. For Michigan to get there, Bufkin would almost certainly have to rank as one of the top ten guards in the conference, his inclusion on this list is a bet that he gets there a year earlier than expected.”

Bufkin is a nice wildcard that could be a rotation player for us. But that take is ridiculous.

Davante Jones/Eli Brooks/Frankie Collins / Zeb Jackson

Caleb Houstan / Brandon Johns / Terrance Williams / Will Tschetter

Hunter Dickinson / Mousa Diabate

That’s a pretty loaded roasted even without Bufkin so the idea Bufkin needs to be a top 10 guard for us to be a top tier team is a odd.
I completely forgot about him. Yeah this list is pretty shit.

If the search function worked, I would gladly pull some of those leaving early comments. At a minimum, you will agree that Purdue fans thought he would be better than Vince Edwards after his freshman season.

I mean you thought McBob=Cline lol and cited percentages to make it seem like they were similar players. Everybody has bad takes.

Ivey>Curbelo
Frazier>McGowens

I wouldn’t put Akins on this list yet. There are other more deserving guards out there. Like Fatts Russel from Maryland. Or Geo Baker. I’d also have both of those guys ahead of Bohannon.

I really like Curbelo but putting him ahead of Ivey is laughable.

I mean you thought McBob=Cline lol and cited percentages to make it seem like they were similar players. Everybody has bad takes.
Yep, and I own that being a dumb take. Doesn’t at all take away from the point being Purdue fans expected Aaron Wheeler to be great at Purdue.

I don’t see Ivey putting up better numbers than 15, 5, and 6 like Curbelo is expected to be at. I’d put Ayala at 1 or 2 as well. He’s the most proven returning guard.

No I would not agree with that at all. Vince Edwards hit the ground running as a freshman and was a starter. Wheeler showed a lot of promise and had some huge games but he wasn’t starting over Grady Eifert as a redshirt freshman.

I can’t recall anyone predicting that, that would be bold as hell.

No I would not agree with that at all. Vince Edwards hit the ground running as a freshman and was a starter. Wheeler showed a lot of promise and had some huge games but he wasn’t starting over Grady Eifert as a redshirt freshman.

It’s easy to not recall knowing you can’t be proven wrong.

He has a selective memory.

It’s easy to not recall knowing you can’t be proven wrong.
Vince Edwards was way better and more polished as a true freshman than Wheeler was as a redshirt freshman. Not to mention Edwards is probably the 2nd best “4” Purdue’s had in the last 20+ years. No one said Wheeler would be better than Edwards ya goofball.

Vince Edwards was way better and more polished as a true freshman than Wheeler was as a redshirt freshman. Not to mention Edwards is probably the 2nd best “4” Purdue’s had in the last 20+ years. No one said Wheeler would be better than Edwards ya goofball.
Yes, they did. Again, it doesn’t matter because neither of us can prove the other wrong.

Quick question for @RutgHoops is your river usually this shitty?

New Jersey isn't some fly over State like most of the B1G. We can handle our s--t. Roads are clear today. We are going to be fine to play tomorrow. You poor suckers would still be on your roof debating whether or not to eat your cat.

Same spot:

Last edited:
The real story? If he is OG 2.0 the rest of the Big has no worries. OG wasn’t exactly dominating at the college level.

Reactions: Jaycg15
The real story? If he is OG 2.0 the rest of the Big has no worries. OG wasn’t exactly dominating at the college level.
11 and 5 as a sophomore before he got hurt? I’d take that all day from Banks as a Junior and Senior.

Just backing up your 2.0 comment but I see you already walked that back to mean “ well maybe not OG”. WTF?
I said he has the same build and skillset as OG at the same age. He will be a solid contributor in time. He won’t need to play his first year and likely won’t get much time his second year.

I really like Curbelo but putting him ahead of Ivey is laughable.
Is it? Curbelo’s per 40 in conference 16 pts, 9 assists, and 8 rebounds vs 18 points, 4 assists, and 6 rebounds.

They’re both studs, but it’s going to come down to who fixed what in the off-season. Ivey is not a given ad the best guard no matter how much hype is put on him.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT